Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin and its impact on my life: A journey to a better tomorrow. - page 5. (Read 867 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
I remember that day perfectly. I was quite unhappy with my health and financial instability. After multiple successful and unsuccessful surgeries, I found myself reliant on a wheelchair. Unfortunately, the limitations extended beyond just the inability to move my legs; there were significant financial costs associated with various aspects, from purchasing quality medical aids to dealing with the progression of the illness. These were the reasons for my frustration up until 2021.
On that day, when it all began, I had no idea that a phone call with a friend shortly before midnight would change everything. Lee, I am immensely grateful for that! After a long discussion, a particular sentence stuck in my mind when he likened Bitcoin to a train waiting at the station for the last passengers to board and experience a remarkable journey. That was the first time I experienced FOMO firsthand.

During my initial purchase, I was not familiar with the DCA method, and I made a mistake by investing more than I could afford due to the fear of missing out. However, I felt incredible when it went a few percent into profit. Subsequently, it dropped by more than 50%, only to surpass the previous all-time high shortly after, and then the market finally flushed it out. At that point, I felt less fantastic. Fortunately, I did not withdraw the money at a loss., held onto it, and continued to HODL and gradually accumulate, thanks to information from the internet and gaining familiarity with Bitcoin.

A big thanks go to Bitcoin Channel (Czech), where he created a series of videos titled "Introduction to Bitcoin," which I watched multiple times. The information was presented in a simple and understandable way, often with a touch of humor. I still occasionally revisit them, and the information that initially I did not understand now makes sense. I share this video series with others who I want to introduce to the world of Bitcoin, offering them valuable information to study and decide whether to dive in. I am incredibly grateful to my friend for pulling me into this.

Studying the content in the Bitcoin Channel has added a lot to my life. I had no idea how little I understood traditional finances until I study them. I was taken aback by a video where I learned that the big-dollar is not backed by anything, that it really is just about trust in the state. I was amazed at how complex Bitcoin is from a technical standpoint, yet how simple it is to use. Comparisons to a microwave or the internet showed me that we don't have to understand what's happening behind the scenes technically – codes, hashes, nonce, blockchain, and the others. Just as the average population doesn't know how a microwave works, they just press a button and heat up their food. When you want to find information on the internet, you don't have to worry about how your device connects to the server and communicates in the background with the other side. You simply type what you're looking for, press enter, and there it is. You don't even realize the technical aspect of how money is leaving your payment card, and yet it is a widespread method of payment worldwide.

Fortunately, I didn't lose faith in Bitcoin when the market hit its low in November 2022. I continued to accumulate in small portions, significantly improving my average purchase price from the previous entry during the peak of the bull market, thanks to the DCA method. I'm excited to see the reward for enduring the stress and holding on, even when things were tight. Now, with a pleasant profit, I know that I won't have to ask for help with the down payment on a new wheelchair or other expenses related to my health in the future. And I achieved this pleasant profit before reaching the ATH of 2021. What will happen with greater adoption? When the entry of large institutions fully manifests? When the next halving occurs? When FOMO grips new people entering Bitcoin? I don't know. But I firmly believe that this small appreciation will gradually increase, and I will fulfill my dream of financial independence, with an ongoing improvement in the quality of my life.

In conclusion, with this contribution, I want to convey the following to people, especially those deciding to enter the world of Bitcoin: Educate yourself, stay informed, and don't panic. Only invest what you are willing to lose. I didn't come up with this advice; wiser, more experienced individuals did, and I listen to them. If you encounter any issues, reach out to people who understand it better and have valuable experience. I found support in the Bitcoin Community group on Facebook.

I wish everyone, especially those who managed to read this far, robust health!

Thank you, Satoshi!
Pages:
Jump to: