Pages:
Author

Topic: [BitFunder] Graet.Loan - Paying 0.05% interest daily - page 14. (Read 53018 times)

thy
Activity: 685
Merit: 500
I think it is pretty obvious that redemptions are not occuring right now. If Graet and Ukyo had funds ready for redemption, they would be buying their shares at bitfunder itself for <0.01 instead of redeeming yours for 0.01. The only option left for those who wish to redeem the shares at face value is to wait. I have a considerable amount of BTC in those shares, but I am aware that there is no way to redeem them any time soon at face value, and I also do not want to redeem them with a loss.
First it dosen't really matter if they have the funds in hands or not, they have already taken way to long time to redeem the shares and they should have given better updates to what progress there making in the redeem process, they are clearly in violation of there contracts and should have bought up the nessesary btc by now if there short or have taken up other (btc) loans(without clauses to redeem premature of when they expect to be able to payback the loan) to cover the situations with redeem requests that hasent been fulfilled yet.
Secondly im pretty sure they at least have some funds avaliable and both get more each day, if they use that to buy up stocks under face value instead of doing what they can to redeem shares they are violation there contracts even worse...
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
I think it is pretty obvious that redemptions are not occuring right now. If Graet and Ukyo had funds ready for redemption, they would be buying their shares at bitfunder itself for <0.01 instead of redeeming yours for 0.01. The only option left for those who wish to redeem the shares at face value is to wait. I have a considerable amount of BTC in those shares, but I am aware that there is no way to redeem them any time soon at face value, and I also do not want to redeem them with a loss.

Wait how long? If we don't sell by November 1, and then the issuer still doesn't come through, then we're really screwed.

I'm aware that the circumstances going on right now are pretty exceptional. But it seems to me that a contract is still a contract, and if they don't have enough cash on hand to redeem, they should use their credit card or get a traditional bank loan if they have to in order to get the funds to cover the redemptions. After all, it's not like most people are suddenly for no reason deciding they want to redeem (although even in that case, the redemption requests should still be fulfilled). In this case, most redemption requests are as a result of the policy changes Ukyo himself implemented, where he created all these new verification requirements and told US users and non-verified users that they can only sell until Nov. 1, and that all their BTC and shares will be transferred out of their accounts on Dec. 2. So that imposes a certain deadline on the process. When Ukyo made his announcement, he should have anticipated the US and non-verified bondholders needing to redeem, and should have secured the necessary financing. I'm worried about the precedent that could be set here. Otherwise, what is to stop someone else in the future from opening an exchange and raising funds by selling bonds, then telling the majority of investors they have only a few weeks to get out, not redeeming bonds, and forcing people to sell back at a loss just to meet the exchange operator's arbitrary deadline? I realize that these are trying times, and a situation that Ukyo probably didn't envision when he originally issued the bonds, so I do not mean to accuse Ukyo of planning to scam investors or anything. But the result seems to be the same, and I worry about the precedent if a bond issuer is allowed to just ignore the redemption clauses in their contracts like this. I'm not really happy with explanations from Ukyo like "the expectation was to use the funds for other things."

Graet I am less sure about; I don't know if Graet was involved in planning the policy changes at BitFunder or not (if he was involved in planning the policy changes, then IMHO he should have obtained the necessary financing to fulfill bond redemption requests as well). Actually, my opinion is that if a bond issuer does not have enough cash on hand to redeem a bond when requested, he should always get the cash and fulfill the redemption request, even if he has to take out another loan to do it, not just in this case. Otherwise what's the value of a bond if issuers are not going to redeem it when requested? But it just seems worse in this case if Ukyo makes these policy changes without obtaining the cash to cover redemption requests on his own bond. And then the lack of communication is the worst thing; it would be different if an announcement were made that bond redemption requests would be fulfilled on October 25 (for example). At least then investors could be sure that they will be able to get out by redeeming before the Nov. 1 deadline. I don't know if anyone else has heard anything from Graet, but I sent him a PM and never got a reponse back. I'm sure he is probably getting tons of PMs these days and may be overwhelmed. But if he doesn't want to respond to tons of PMs from individual investors asking the same questions, the solution is to post an announcement in the forum with basic information like 1) the future plans for the assets he is managing and 2) how he will be handling redemption requests, or even a short one-line announcement like "I am still checking on options; I will be making an announcement about my assets and redemption requests by (particular date before November 1)".
Activity: 181

I have no problem waiting for the redemption, but I would like to hear any response from the issuer.
Activity: 80
Merit: 10
Activity: 194
Any news on this asset? Will it be continuing on BitFunder? Are any redemption requests being fulfilled nowadays? Thanks!
Activity: 238
I have sent a request for redemption six days ago, no reply since.

Hello,
I would like to request a refund of Graet.Loan at the face value.
I have 4,000 shares (i.e. 40 BTC).

What is the procedure?

Cheers.
I did request a refund to, no response here either sofar.
+1
Want to take advantage of the high bitcoin price now
thy
Activity: 685

Hello,

What is the procedure?

Cheers.
I did request a refund to, no response here either sofar.
Activity: 181

Hello,

What is the procedure?

Cheers.
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Interest:
- Shares shall pay an interest of 0.05% daily.
But not yesterday?
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Hi Guys,
Back on deck, still some healing to do but brain is clearer than it has been for a month.

I plan to release the remaining 50K in 24 hours time approx 1230UTC.

The idea behind Graet.Loan was to consolidate loans established and reduce interest being paid after some unfortunate incidents at Ozcoin and provide some capital to restructure the Ozcoin server setup, expand crowncloud.net and fund other projects in the works (one I hope to be announcing within 48 hours).
I had the options to approach my bank for a personal loan,or with Ukyo's help setup Graet.Loan, being that all of my businesses are Bitcoin based I thought it logical to try Graet.Loan on Bitfunder. I appreciate the support shown to Graet.Loan by the community so far.

This is a loan, so the plan is to repay (buy back) Graet.Loan, I would not expect this to commence before July 2014 and would hope to complete repayments by July 2016.
The only way to redeem Graet.Loan currently is contact me either by Pm on forum or email graet ozco in, I will ask you to transfer Graet.Loan to Graet on BitFunder and supply me with a Bitcoin wallet address. Once I confirm the transfer I will pay Bitcoin to supplied address, I cannot currently see an easy way to transfer BTC on BitFunder.

I will read back over the thread and address any questions I missed soon
Apologies again for the slow replies, I will be more active again Smiley
Best wishes
Graet
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
Graet, any plans of adding more 0.01 shares?
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
And now people are buying over face value, markets are silly sometimes  Tongue
Activity: 441
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
I thought you can request refund of the loan at face value, why someone selling cheap their shares?
Is there a problem with Graet.loan right now?

People are just dumb or in a rush sometimes.

It could be Graet himself selling at discount to get some BTC urgently.
Activity: 518
I thought you can request refund of the loan at face value, why someone selling cheap their shares?

People are just dumb or in a rush sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Activity: 544
Hi Graet

Interested to know apart from the simple loan aspect of your security, do you have any plans to grow this asset?
By that I mean, do you have any intention to buy back shares at a higher price or increase the interest rate after a certain point?

Thanks

Lunar
Activity: 617
Merit: 543
http://idontALT.com
Hi I'm here
will reply in morning
recovery has been slower than hoped
u know it's 3am? u should be in bed. oh wait, West side... it's only 12am...

ignore me..

QG
donator
Activity: 1064
Hi I'm here
will reply in morning
Take all the time you need to get better Smiley
//DeaDTerra
vip
Activity: 980
Merit: 1001
Hi I'm here
will reply in morning
Activity: 364
Still no reply from Graet? I hope everything is ok.

He's alive and kicking.  Trust me, he justifiably banned me this morning from #ozcoin because accidentally spammed the crap out of his channel with an error log (my bad). 

Smiley

Pages:
Jump to: