Pages:
Author

Topic: CGminer v3.8.5 on Broadcom based DD-WRT / OpenWRT - page 3. (Read 76917 times)

Activity: 136
Merit: 10
tester
come on anyone ?
tester
how to add patch for HEX16A in cgminer for openwrt from this post
The patch for cgminer is available for download from the technobit's web page link
Activity: 235
Merit: 100
I've tried to make the current git master compile against the system libusb optionally now with the --with-system-libusb option.
That does sound very useful.
Mine's been up for over 6 days now with no issue.

I could compile a debug version for you, which you'll have to run with gdb, to try can catch the error.

There's a 'low memory' flag you could try adding to cgminer.sh '--lowmem' might help?
I'll try running with that flag next time, I can't get cgminer running as a service FYI. Every time It crashes I have to kill the screen instance if it doesn't default back to a prompt and retype the whole damned line. I wouldn't mind running a debug verison if it will help figure out what is causing this bug.
legendary
Activity: 1795
Merit: 1198
This is not OK.
I've tried to make the current git master compile against the system libusb optionally now with the --with-system-libusb option.

Nice, that's very useful, thanks.
legendary
This is not OK.
Mine's been up for over 6 days now with no issue.

I could compile a debug version for you, which you'll have to run with gdb, to try can catch the error.

There's a 'low memory' flag you could try adding to cgminer.sh '--lowmem' might help?
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
Yet another Seg fault  Angry
How can I check to see what's causing these? At least this time around I didn't have to reboot the router.
Activity: 81
Thanks for your reply.

I could test it, and help you in any ways. I'm compiling things since a long time using gcc on linux, but can't find your method for cgminer.

Anyway it could add support for Atheros peoples. I'm ready for testing purpose.
legendary
This is not OK.
Is there a way to get cgminer working on Atheros based router (TPLINK WR1043ND) that cannot use 'service' command.

Got DD-WRT installed with Optware (Optware trick for Atheros comes from http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86912&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 that permit to use 'opkg' instead of 'service' command).

Tried with 'opkg' :

root@BNT /tmp $ opkg install cgminer_3.6.3_mipsel.ipk
Unknown package 'cgminer'.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for cgminer found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package cgminer.

There's your problem.

If I put a lot of effort in, I probably could get it to compile for atheros... but then I couldn't test it in any way.
Activity: 81
Is there a way to get cgminer working on Atheros based router (TPLINK WR1043ND) that cannot use 'service' command.

Got DD-WRT installed with Optware (Optware trick for Atheros comes from http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=86912&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 that permit to use 'opkg' instead of 'service' command).

Tried with 'opkg' :

Code:
root@BNT /tmp $ opkg install cgminer_3.6.3_mipsel.ipk 
Unknown package 'cgminer'.
Collected errors:
 * pkg_hash_fetch_best_installation_candidate: Packages for cgminer found, but incompatible with the architectures configured
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package cgminer.

ipkg returns nothing :

Code:
root@BNT /tmp $ ipkg install cgminer_3.6.3_mipsel.ipk 
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/whiterussian
       You probably want to run `ipkg update'
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/non-free
ERROR: File not found: //usr/local/lib/ipkg/lists/backports
/bin/ipkg: line 1184: sort: not found
root@BNT /tmp $

The error returned with ipkg comes from the optware atheros trick and doesn't matter.

Thanks for help.
legendary
This is not OK.
Cron can do that, you'll have to google it though.

Try 3.6.3, may work better. I'm not going to release 3.6.4, the changes I don't think will much affect this build.
ARGH! This is the 5th time or so I've gotten a Seg fault or LibUSB I/O error.  Cry It seems to happen almost every 24-30 hours or so. I wonder if this is an issue in 3.6.1? I hope updating to 3.6.3 fixes it, I was waiting for another update but..Maybe I can make a scheduled script to restart it every 20 hours if it still shows up..What would be the best way to do that?
tester
i use that manual to get OPT on my Asus WL520gU
http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Optware%2C_the_Right_Way

and use 2GB flash drive (256MB - swap , other left for OPT approximately 1.7GB )
every thing is normal but cgminer not
legendary
This is not OK.
That is odd.
It starts with cgminer.sh, but not manually? I don't get it. That's weird.
tester
got :
Code:
root@MINER:~# unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
root@MINER:~# unset LD_PRELOAD
root@MINER:~# cgminer -c /opt/etc/cgminer.conf
Illegal instruction
root@MINER:~#
and always get "Illegal instruction"  Undecided  Sad  Huh

ADD:
this
Code:
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
unset LD_PRELOAD
is included in cgminer.sh
legendary
This is not OK.
type:
unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH
unset LD_PRELOAD

first, then cgminer ...
tester
i get this :
Code:
root@MINER:~# cgminer -c /opt/etc/cgminer.conf
Illegal instruction
root@MINER:~#

ADD:
i think some lib is missing , i get "screen" just in case but no result even after restart
legendary
This is not OK.
then manually:

cgminer -c /opt/etc/cgminer.conf
tester
logfile
Code:
Illegal instruction

add: how to start manually cgminer ?
i think first
Code:
service cgminer stop
then what ?
legendary
This is not OK.
You could try starting cgminer manually, and having a look at the messages during start up to see if it's enabling the API.
Can't say what's going on there. Looks like it should work. Firewall issue?
Pages:
Jump to: