Pages:
Author

Topic: Coinbase wallet has £0 balance but $ is showing as USDT - page 2. (Read 262 times)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I am still confused about your problem can you share the screenshoot so we can better understand the problem.

First of all from where did you transferred your usdt is another exchange or your personal wallet because it will matched if you send usdt and receive usdt unless you send other coin or other token

How do I share a screenshot on here?
Activity: 966
Merit: 755
Either coinbase exchange or coinbase wallet, there's no such send some token to activate the account, it's clear you're installed fake site. Coinbase is very known have buggy site, so you need to refresh it if you've view your token is successfully transferred in blockchain tracker. Maybe your amount is too small? exchange has their account withdrawal fee and it will deduct the token's amount. For coinbase wallet, it's based on the token's network.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 2971
Block halving is coming.
The crypto network says I need ETH to activate the tokens, but this sounds like a con? Anyone have experience of1 this?

Are you talking about the wallet Coinbase app? If yes I don't think you need to activate ETH but to be able to use their wallet app you might need to connect the app to your Coinbase account(it's a separate service) and they don't have USDT coin they only accept ERC20 token.

You might be trying to transfer or send USDT to another address. If I'm right then without an ETH balance you won't be able to send USDT that is why it asks to connect your wallet app to your Coinbase account or deposit ETH, without enough ETH balance to cover the transaction fee you can't send USDT out from the Coinbase wallet app.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
But I am almost sure that when a platform says you need to deposit ETH or BTC to access your funds then its a scam.
This is possible as there is no need to activation and such things. But assuming OP is using the real coinbase non-custodial wallet and not a fake wallet, there shouldn't be any problem from their side.
Maybe, OP is getting an error when trying to spend the USDT tokens saying he needs ETH to pay the transaction fee.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom

The crypto network says I need ETH to activate the tokens, but this sounds like a con? Anyone have experience of1 this?

This can't be true if the platform you are into it is legit so either you messed up on a clone site or with your address so the funds send to the wrong wallet. But I am almost sure that when a platform says you need to deposit ETH or BTC to access your funds then its a scam.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 633
Your keys, your responsibility
The crypto network says I need ETH to activate the tokens,
If you mean you have tried to send your USDT token, yes. But that's a strange request if it's only to display the balance, afaik such a token doesn't need to activated. I have never used this wallet. General tips, always use the latest version.

but this sounds like a con? Anyone have experience of1 this?
If you think so, how did you get the wallet?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
I Transfered USDT from my crypto platform to coin base wallet the balance shows £0 but under crypto I have a large amount of USDT shown. How do I get it show in my balance?

You are saying that you transfer USDT to Coinbase wallet and it shows that you have the USDT but it is not showing on your balance. That is weird.

Be careful of recovery hrsse scam from social media that you will import and you will see huge amount of USDT. You will be scammed.

You can tell us where you downloaded the wallet for us to know that it is not a phishing or scam wallet but the original.

I have not used Coinbase wallet before but the wallet that I have used before the USDT will show but you will not be able to spend it until you transfer the coin like ether that you need for the fee.

You can transfer ether to see what will happen when you know that the wallet is not fake and nobody is trying to scam you.
legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Just sell $100 usdt from your USDT balance YOU SHOULD GET ABOUT 76 pounds.

Now I assume you have www.coinbase.com account with lots of USDT in it.
copper member
Activity: 1988
Merit: 905
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
I am still confused about your problem can you share the screenshoot so we can better understand the problem.

First of all from where did you transferred your usdt is another exchange or your personal wallet because it will matched if you send usdt and receive usdt unless you send other coin or other token
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 5213
What do you mean by "my crypto platform"? Where did you send the USDT from?
Are you talking about coinbase non-custodial wallet or their custodial wallet?

Who is "crypto network"?
If your tokens are ERC20 and you are using coinbase non-custodial wallet or any other non-cusodial wallet, you need ETH for spending your tokens. Of course, this doesn't have anything to do with your wallet showing the fiat value of your tokens.
Activity: 672
Merit: 855
First of all this is the wrong board, it should be moved to exchanges.

If you have your recovery phrase backed up already then try signing out and then sign in again or rather uninstall maybe you could be using the old version of it. This could actually help.

According to coin base it could be a smart contract problem. You should read through there troubleshooting tips here and it could guide you.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
I Transfered USDT from my crypto platform to coin base wallet the balance shows £0 but under crypto I have a large amount of USDT shown. How do I get it show in my balance?

Pages:
Jump to: