Pages:
Author

Topic: Earn 0BTC for getting shops/organisations to accept Bitcoin! - page 3. (Read 98078 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
FSF now accepts Bitcoin, I would like to reclaim the pledge.
Guys, just to let you know I am not paying any pledges any more and also, I haven't been maintaining the spreadsheet for a long while. For the third time I am looking for some trusted person here to take over from me. Please PM me if interested.

Has anyone offered taking this over for you? I think this is a great service to the bitcoin community and would take it over myself if I had the time.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002
cheaperinbitcoins.com, sound like a good idea.
By the way, freeforums.org told me they're not accepting bitcoins for now.
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1003
I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man
I'm going to pledge 2 BTC per shop that delivers physical goods to the mainland UK, up to a total of 10 BTC (5 shops) to start.

Mind saving that 2BTC for me, I'm going to integrate UK addresses right into my cheaperinbitcoins.com system, right now I do manual international shipping scince the input forum only accepts USA addresses. If I know it will be waiting for me I can get all this integrated in about a day or two?
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
I'm going to pledge 2 BTC per shop that delivers physical goods to the mainland UK, up to a total of 10 BTC (5 shops) to start.
legendary
I've just read there's no bounty anymore. Never mind, I really want to pay for this with bitcoins.
You should change the title of the thread though.

Anyway, if someone wants to thank me for this: 1N9u8az3nkztXP3xUcYFhoFsNAvARxBowq
legendary
Hi, I've suggested the following to freeforums.org:

Hi, I'm interested in purchasing a domain for my forum, but I want to pay for it with bitcoins. If you want to be paid in dollars, there's a service that can make both parties happy:

https://bit-pay.com/

If you start to accept bitcoins, I promise I will advertise your services in the bitcoin forum (with a lot of potential customers).
Let me know what you decide.

cheers

Thay give you the forum for free and then charge you for upgrades.
Let's see what they answer.
Activity: 461
Merit: 251
I'm going to try to get www.entropiauniverse.com to accept bitcoins.  I'm not sure if someone else has already signed up for this as I'm unable to bring up the spreadsheet but in any case - I'll give it a go. Smiley
Activity: 3
Okay,
So soapwreck is going to "tentativley accept" bitcoins. They are noticed the price fluctuates so they are going to try it out and see how they can do with exchanges. But looks like it was a success!

How do I go about collecting my reward Cheesy:D?

19zHbWhYF62YEYE3tJ2gQwvT6bq9RHpwe1
Activity: 3
I am trying to get a small local soap company called Soap Wreck to accept bitcoins. They might be interested in this payment option.

edit: Their website is Soapwreck.com, also edited to "trying" because I spoke with them about a week ago, this was the reason I registered.
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
http://Uploaded.to now accepts bitcoins:
Besides additional, useful changes such as the newly designed Download Page with a Facebook-like button, we have taken the decision, as the first file hosting service worldwide, to accept bitcoins. You will receive more information on this in the next few weeks.

awesome, this is good. been waiting for a file-hoster...
Activity: 731
Merit: 503
Libertas a calumnia
Not knowing if there is a thread dedicated on gather information about new merchants accepting bitcoins I write here just to let others know, I hope this is not a problem otherwise please point me to the correct thread.

JonDo, a site selling proxy and anonimizer tools, started accepting bitcoins.
Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
Guys, just to let you know I am not paying any pledges any more and also, I haven't been maintaining the spreadsheet for a long while. For the third time I am looking for some trusted person here to take over from me. Please PM me if interested.
Libertas a calumnia
http://Uploaded.to now accepts bitcoins:
Besides additional, useful changes such as the newly designed Download Page with a Facebook-like button, we have taken the decision, as the first file hosting service worldwide, to accept bitcoins. You will receive more information on this in the next few weeks.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Do The Evolution
"Donate via Bitcoin, the peer-to-peer virtual currency. The FSF's Bitcoin address is "1PC9aZC4hNX2rmmrt7uHTfYAS3hRbph4UN". Note that since we are using a single address for receiving all contributions, we are not providing full anonymity. Further, we support the idea of people being able to donate anonymously, but we can't speak to the security or soundness of Bitcoin in the long-term."

Under: https://my.fsf.org/donate ->: Other ways to donate.

GeoHot didn't show interest plus lost my support after settling with Sony. D:<

New aim: Think geek!
Activity: 230
Merit: 100
make www.freelancer.com accept bitcoins would be cool!
Libertas a calumnia
Hello BitMole,
I live in Italy, and our bitcoin community is really small, for now.
General people is very conservative and most of them if very suspicious about bitcoin.
Still, they trust the Euro and governments, go figure :-)

Anyway, I can try to organize a group, we have a forum, we have a facebook page and we know almost all of the italian bloggers, so we can try.

My goal with my previous post was to suggest a thread to coordinate activities toward some goal, as to make a site accept bitcoins.
I suppose that the first major site that accepts them will pave the road for the others.

If we move in a coordinate way some lobbying should be effective, I guess.
Libertas a calumnia
I think that it's completely ineffective to try to "convince" a site to accept payments in btc.

The only effective way would be to coordinate everybody to ask them to do so, and then buying something.

For example I'm sure that a chinese shop like http://www.dealextreme.com/ or http://www.tinydeal.com/ would be interested in bitcoins if some hundred of customers ask to support it.

But how many of us is ready to do so?
(I would be one of them, btw)
Activity: 22
im trying to see if i can get grasscity.com to accept btc
Activity: 14

Looks like lots keep overlooking your post lol.

Thanks for everything you've done. Smiley
Activity: 12
I am going to start trying to convince www.hakshop.com AKA hak5.org/shop
Hak5 is a popular hacker podcast and might consider adding bitcoins to their storefront.

Question: Do we need to add ourselves to the spreadsheet or does someone else do that for us?

wallet 1JyT2PvncMp52tkSykBSJWwAM9MvX7dfzj
Pages:
Jump to: