Pages:
Author

Topic: Microstrategy’s X account gets hacked, $400k stolen through phishing scam - page 2. (Read 212 times)

legendary
Activity: 2072
Merit: 4265
✿♥‿♥✿
Such fraud will exist as long as there are freebie lovers, greedy people for whom the news of any free distribution acts as a red flag for the bull. They are so hasty in the hope of being able to get it quickly that it is useless to talk to them and warn them about caution. Life will teach you regularly; this is how people become smarter if they do not learn from the mistakes of others.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1228
Just read through some multiple X handles now that Microstrategy’s X account had been hacked and tweet was done citing the claiming of the $MSTR tokens. As usual the link was a wallet drainer link and around $400k has been lost so far. Currently the tweet seems to have been deleted from the account but it’s deed has already been done.

There is daily continue warning of just clicking links as a bitcoin or cryptocurrency investors but yet many people actually continue fall victim for something I will say as a result of gullibility or greed.

The points from this phishing attack just like others is;

1. Make use of cold wallets; this shouldn’t be put on a second thought.

2. ⁠Do not trust any information from social media even if it is from an influencer account or an official account, verify, verify and verify your information.

3. ⁠If you are to engage on airdrops use a burner wallet at all cost.

They are big player in the industry but somehow got caught by this hacking incident and this determine that no one is safe if they are not careful upon handling their wallets especially upon clicking any links they see online.

2. ⁠Do not trust any information from social media even if it is from an influencer account or an official account, verify, verify and verify your information.

Lots of cases where accounts of well known social media personalities got hack and spread something malicious link that can harm those people following them that's why its really better for us to verify on what are we seeing coming from them especially those links they are posting so that we can avoid any potential hacking that might happen to us. But this is Microstrategy they should know more better and avoid those hacking.

Lots of airdrops has been launch recently that's why its important for us to know the risk about participating on that activities so that these hackers will not penetrate and drain our wallets. Burner wallets is recommended so that they cannot take all of our balance if there's something bad happen to us.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 620
Yeah, several articles have published this incident and aside from cointelegraph. Here's with BNN Bloomberg.

Bitcoin-Holder MicroStrategy’s X Account Hacked: Security Firm

I remember it when the prominent people's Twitter account back then were hacked by a teenager. A lot have been victimized by their greed and not verifying first if the posted thing is for real or not even if the account is from a verified and official person.
Activity: 784
Merit: 589
 This is bad. The hacker didn't just hack into their server, they also made sure to add malicious links leading to a fake Ethereum airdrop and I'm bothered that there's still individuals who would fall the weak trap of clicking on any link they see. Should be attributed to greed or careless? This is the bull season and as such scammers are getting creative and although this one made it look so real, the users should have first done a little research. Shit! I think more users will lose their money if the tech guys at Microstrategy don't figure a way out. You should have dropped a link at least, Op..well here's one.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://finance.yahoo.com/news/microstrategy-x-account-compromised-posted-051720927.html&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwiN-urMuciEAxWOaEEAHfwQDOMQFnoECAIQAw&usg=AOvVaw2OO8KcGjoJlKG_rM9yLlKT
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
I am disappointed that Microstrategy X account was hacked. Hacking of people X account is common since some years ago and it is now like every week that a well known person X account is hacked. Even it happened to United States SEC early this year that fake bitcoin ETF approval was tweeted by the hacker.

It is simple, this people do not care because the ways to secure your Twitter account is simple. Use 2FA app or security key to secure your wallet and your X account will not be hacked. If you have another device, security key is not necessary and you can just use the 2FA app on another device. This is simple but we will hear soon that another well known person's X account has been hacked.

I can not be a victims of this because I will easily know that the account would have likely be hacked. I do not believe anything good from social media anymore because of how the accounts are often hacked easily.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
This is the link to the story OP is talking about, for those who are yet to see or read it:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/microstrategy-x-account-hacked-phishing-scam

Gullible people will always fall for things like this, i know it is easier for people to fall for this type of scam because of the account it was posted from, but we have learnt from the past that the accounts of companies and prominent people have been hacked and used to scam quite a lot of people. So do not easily believe all posts about airdrops or giveaway, notwithstanding the account it is coming from.

Having said that, i think these companies and institutions should do better to secure their social media accounts, because it becomes believable when scams like these are posted from their official page. I even think the victims can start a class action against MicroStrategy in this case.
Activity: 238
Merit: 151

Just like what you said here about not trusting information from social media, I think you need to check a reliable source to back up this information you've just given and moreover, you can add up a link for people to access the information.

Edited:
This is the link to the story OP is talking about, for those who are yet to see or read it:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/microstrategy-x-account-hacked-phishing-scam

It's really unfortunate, that's the more reason why we need to verify information we see on social media thoroughly and don't be too desperate about any information from influencial people in the society because scammers can easily hack their accounts and defraud a large number of people.
X is becoming a reoccurring platform for scammers to use in defrauding people and this doesn't go down well with it's owner Elon musk.
Activity: 392
Merit: 237
Just read through some multiple X handles now that Microstrategy’s X account had been hacked and tweet was done citing the claiming of the $MSTR tokens. As usual the link was a wallet drainer link and around $400k has been lost so far. Currently the tweet seems to have been deleted from the account but it’s deed has already been done.

There is daily continue warning of just clicking links as a bitcoin or cryptocurrency investors but yet many people actually continue fall victim for something I will say as a result of gullibility or greed.

The points from this phishing attack just like others is;

1. Make use of cold wallets; this shouldn’t be put on a second thought.

Pages:
Jump to: