Pages:
Author

Topic: Stay alert and keep suspect of when someone is helping you out of your wallet - page 3. (Read 306 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 387
Rollbit is for you. Take $RLB token!
So I contacted a friend and he was guiding me all through by sharing my wallet pages with him through screenshots so that the instructions would be easier to follow.
It actually went successfully and I appreciated his efforts.
I really hope that with screenshots you made and shared with your friend, there is no screenshot with your wallet mnemonic seed or private key.

If you did it, it's big mistake and you should move your bitcoins to a new wallet as soon as possible. I don't say your friend is a bad person and will steal your bitcoin later. Even he is good, his devices can be hacked and screenshot that contains your wallet mnemonic seed or private key will be seen by hackers. They surely are not good people and will steal your bitcoins.

Hope that this story is not a fiction creatively wrote by you.
Activity: 154
Merit: 33
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
Today I got stocked of my fund in an exchange wallet which I couldn't process my intended P2P transaction due to where the fund was sent and it required processes which I couldn't help myself out of it. So I contacted a friend and he was guiding me all through by sharing my wallet pages with him through screenshots so that the instructions would be easier to follow.
It actually went successfully and I appreciated his efforts.

Meanwhile as I'm not so conversant with crypto wallets yet, while I was taking down those instructions from him, I was attentive to catch up any misconceptions of him sending me a wallet that's not mine and asked me to paste at the relevant place where I'm to direct my fund to because the process was so technical of copying and pasting of my wallets, going front and back. Oh damn. I was also attentive so that I don't feel so loosed of myself if Incase he ask me to send my seed phase so that he can check out what's really the issue but though he didn't do any of those suspects.

I basically brought it this up here because such suspectiousness is possible to happen and those who're easily trusted, those who're not familiar with wallets and even some person's could just say "oh damn I'm tired of this whole thing, the fund is kind of lost maybe I should just ignore any risk for the lost of a hopeless fund that seems unrecoverable" and then, such person could be loose guarded by failing such of the suspects victims.
So I hope some person's who are not conversant with operating their assets wallets would always be careful and sensitive whenever someone is playing helping role on your wallet.
As long as my instincts could whisper me Such though, then it's assumed to possibly happen even though non of us here has fallen victim of it.
Careful newbies and careful all
Pages:
Jump to: