Pages:
Author

Topic: What do you think of this address 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF? - page 2. (Read 451 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
So there is 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF address that has 79,957.2607018 BTC in it and there is no single output from this address. It seems the owner of this address do not spent a single BTC however, it is still accumulating.

This is definitely an account set up to used for accumulating bitcoin. I checked through the address on blockchair and the owner is definitely using a DCA method to accumulate. The owner does at least a little top every week with as little as 0.00001btc. This has been going on for the past 12 years now.

Apparently, it isn't so. This particular address is being labeled as the receiving address of the Mt. Gox hacker. These new deposits are not coming from the owner. Neither are they done for the sake of DCA. This address already contains billions. It is pointless to add some cents or a few dollars worth of Bitcoin to it. It is even ranked among the richest Bitcoin address. These small deposits are either dusts or deposits done by some random people.
Activity: 686
Merit: 987
Give all before death
It looks like the address belongs to the Mtgox hack. It's difficult to say whether the owner is still accumulating tho, it could be just random individuals sending money there.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-cold-case-the-tale-of-the-dormant-wallet-with-close-to-80000-btc-from-mt-gox/
This old thread disputed the claims that it was from Mt Gox hacks.

Hello everyone! What do you think about the legendary 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF address?
For those who don't know the story, 79k bitcoins were sent to this address 11 years ago, in 2011, and they were never moved, not a single dollar.
It is said that they were stolen from Mt Gox,
The first ‎79,956 BTC where deposited into the address on the 1st March 2011. Mt. Gox major hack came in around June 2011 according to Wikipedia

So the Mt Gox story is ruled out.
Maybe the owner might have lost access to the wallet or is no more alive. Those coins cost less than a dollar when it was accumulated. The wonder of hodling Smiley
Activity: 1288
Merit: 564
Bitcoin makes the world go 🔃
So there is 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF address that has 79,957.2607018 BTC in it and there is no single output from this address. It seems the owner of this address do not spent a single BTC however, it is still accumulating.

This is definitely an account set up to used for accumulating bitcoin. I checked through the address on blockchair and the owner is definitely using a DCA method to accumulate. The owner does at least a little top every week with as little as 0.00001btc. This has been going on for the past 12 years now.

Personally this seems like a good way of accumulating bitcoin but the problem I have will be having lots of these funds on a single wallet. On security and privacy perspective I don’t feel it’s ok.

I doubt this assumption is the best possibility answer, the address has a name of fees which is something that might be related to services that ask for fees. It might be one of the long running service on Bitcoin or someone just spamming it. It’s very hard to believe that someone with that huge amount of Bitcoin for 12years will never spend a single satoshi and accumulate with a very low amount?

He is already a billionaire rn if the owner of this wallet still have access on it. Buying 0.00001btc for DCA doesn't make any sense.
Activity: 392
Merit: 237

Personally this seems like a good way of accumulating bitcoin but the problem I have will be having lots of these funds on a single wallet. On security and privacy perspective I don’t feel it’s ok.

I don't know what conclusion one can make about this address. Is this a person, a company or something else? How come that much money can be accumulated in one address and never been spent? Or there is something I don't understand?

There is no limit to how much or number of bitcoin that an address or wallet can hold. Basically even the entire 21 million bitcoins can be on a single wallet. This is actually one of the biggest advantages of bitcoin wallet over even fiat banks. Just that the risk of losing of everything on one wallet is adviced
Activity: 756
Merit: 390
The conclusion is that the owner of this wallet doesn't want you to know anything. Why are you asking such question on this child board. A wallet is something personal even we have the details on the Blockchain. We should not try to invade into its details unless we are certain out that the wallet is of a scammer. Creating such shit topic on this board doesn't make any thing relevant for newbies. Stop focusing on any wallet and start working on having such a wallet.
staff
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152
It looks like the address belong to the Mtgox hack. It's difficult to say whether the owner is still accumulating tho, it could be just random individuals sending money there.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-cold-case-the-tale-of-the-dormant-wallet-with-close-to-80000-btc-from-mt-gox/
Activity: 602
Merit: 638
Over the past year, there have been numerous threads about this address and a lot of others, and it's believed that the respondents might have lost complete access to them, as most of the address only have input transaction and no output.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/a-simple-definition-of-lost-coins-140356
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/how-many-coins-are-really-lost-forever-1899012
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/1feexv6bahb8ybzjqqmjjrccrhgw9sb6uf-79k-bitcoin-address-the-truth-about-it-5391257
Activity: 139
Merit: 36

I don't know what conclusion one can make about this address. Is this a person, a company or something else? How come that much money can be accumulated in one address and never been spent? Or there is something I don't understand?
Pages:
Jump to: