Pages:
Author

Topic: Why we need to stay vigilant - page 3. (Read 453 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
February 11, 2024, 11:00:46 AM
If I can guess what you are talking about, you meant that regulation can help in making scam not to be possible. This is not just true. No matter how regulated crypto exchanges are, there are still easy ways scammers are using to scam people. Even with fiat, scam is still existing no to talk of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. What is the best that you can offer yourself is to learn about how you can avoid scam and hack so that you will not become one of their victims.
Activity: 65
Merit: 0
February 11, 2024, 10:18:29 AM
I was scanning through some news update on coin telegraph and discovered Hong kong SFC have issued warning to some imposter website defrauding innocent newbies.  https://cointelegraph.com/news/hong-kong-sfc-warning-impersonator-crypto-exchange-mexc
The action is commendable but I feel more  is needed to be done than warning cos this may be the reason we have been seeing the use of  'Scam' key words associated to crypto exchanges trending on social media.

We have seen harsh regulatory policies on crypto service providers and most of them have tried to comply which makes me feel issues like this that could affect the growth and reputation of the crypto industry should be taking seriously rather than just issuing warning.
Pages:
Jump to: