Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero Speculation - page 2184. (Read 3312512 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
August 28, 2014, 07:02:35 PM
What's the pontentil of this coin? price predictions in dollar per coin after 1 year?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
August 28, 2014, 06:28:49 PM
This report came out and price is breaking 0.0042 resistance it seems
http://da-data.blogspot.com.es/2014/08/minting-money-with-monero-and-cpu.html

dga is a professor of computer science at a top university and well-known for this so we suspected as much even back in May. Fortunately XMR's algo has mostly held up to its CPU-friendliness claims (the GPU advantage is low relative to SHA256d/scrypt/NIST candidates) so the coin managed to survive these phases. The optimized CPU miners were a much bigger headache than the private GPU miners.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 28, 2014, 06:24:25 PM
Seems like we are on the move again.
A third wave is forming, pop around 0046 would be a nice weekend present, but weekend also means no fresh fiat. not only smoothie is buying, but we can say for sure he was kind of a spark for this 3rd wave up with 1 or 2 heavy market orders. how long can we continue like that? will we have a correction after this move or is buy support to strong now around 004? we have to wait and see i guess.

I am unaware of a XMR/USD pair anywhere yet. So there is plenty of BTC going around as BTC does not shut down on the weekends unlike the broken financial system. Grin
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
August 28, 2014, 06:07:55 PM

lol and he did not keep a 0.0000001 XMR. I am sure he will forbid that someone shoot a movie of this, since in 2 years time he will realize what he did.

Yes but he kept a stash of BBR, which offers leveraged exposure to XMR as the smaller, rarer, and more volatile of the twin CN coins.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
August 28, 2014, 05:30:02 PM

lol and he did not keep a 0.0000001 XMR. I am sure he will forbid that someone shoot a movie of this, since in 2 years time he will realize what he did.

I don't see anything wrong with just being a miner and not a speculator. They are really two different activities. I've done exactly that on some other coins.

legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
August 28, 2014, 05:27:07 PM

Activity: 469
Merit: 250
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
August 28, 2014, 04:54:41 PM
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000
August 28, 2014, 04:37:31 PM

Big Buy walls moving up to the front of the line  Grin

legendary
August 28, 2014, 02:09:47 PM
Posting to say that I think your moderation style is quite fair so far. Critical questions/remarks remain, thoughtless accusations/low content posts not related to XMR are removed. Carry on Smiley

Thank you. Feedback (whether positive or negative) is appreciated!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007
August 28, 2014, 07:36:14 AM
censorship of legitimate monero question

No, deletion of posts that are not directly on-topic to Monero Speculation (i.e. trading and price talk). If you want ask legitimate questions about Monero do it elsewhere.

kennyP seems unwilling to stay on topic and intent on promoting BTCD here, which is clearly off topic. His subsequent posts will be deleted without notice, although my general policy is to be transparent about moderation. Consider this transparent disclosure that future posts from kennyP or interpreted by me to be promoting BTCD will be deleted without specific notice.

Posting to say that I think your moderation style is quite fair so far. Critical questions/remarks remain, thoughtless accusations/low content posts not related to XMR are removed. Carry on :)
Activity: 469
English Motherfucker do you speak it ?
legendary
August 28, 2014, 01:57:56 AM
ok so I just dropped 56 BTC on poloniex for XMR taking out the 0.004 wall...

good lord that exchange is slow...it took 3-5 minutes to clear all of those transactions.

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

great to see you buying Monero smoothie!
will you consider producing silver Lealana XMR coins? I would love to buy one!  Grin
edit: or a roll of 20 and hand them out as x-mas gifts Wink

I am considering the idea. I just need to make sure I have the key gen processs down in such a way that it would work with a physical coin.

Xmas gifts for sure. =)

I'd buy one!  Wasn't there some kind of legal trouble in the past about loading physical coins though?

Okay sorry for the continued off-topic smooth...

Yes there are regulatory issues for funded coins (funded by me) and these coins would need to be buyer-funded as I currently do with all of my coins now where I never hold customer coins.

For all future questions and to be respectful to smooth, If you folks have questions please PM me or create a thread to discuss it. Currently I am still considering the idea but nothing is concrete as I like to make sure I have everything in order and tested before I start any sort of production of this type of product.

Mahalo
Activity: 280
Who cares?
August 28, 2014, 01:49:04 AM

good lord that exchange is slow...it took 3-5 minutes to clear all of those transactions.

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

will you consider producing silver Lealana XMR coins? I would love to buy one!  Grin

I am considering the idea. I just need to make sure I have the key gen processs down in such a way that it would work with a physical coin.

Xmas gifts for sure. =)

I'd buy one!  Wasn't there some kind of legal trouble in the past about loading physical coins though?
legendary
August 28, 2014, 01:42:31 AM

Uber slow....lol  Cheesy

Xmas gifts for sure. =)
legendary
August 27, 2014, 09:31:10 PM
What is the proper way for a prospective XMR speculator to interpret Smooth's busy schedule?

Is he a an XMR developer with outside interests?

Is he an XMR PR agent policing the forums?

Can he both effectively?

As a prospective XMR speculator, I'm interested in the mission statement of the XMR core development team, as a whole and as individuals.

We are all volunteers who devote as much time and effort as we are able to developing the coin, which includes our own personal efforts as well as coordinating and managing the efforts of both paid staff and services (using donations) and volunteers.

I am certainly not a designated "PR agent" although I will agree with the point that was made that communicating with the community is "PR" broadly defined.

Hope this helps with your "speculation" Smiley

Activity: 544
August 27, 2014, 09:27:26 PM

No, deletion of posts that are not directly on-topic to Monero Speculation (i.e. trading and price talk). If you want ask legitimate questions about Monero do it elsewhere.

kennyP seems unwilling to stay on topic and intent on promoting BTCD here, which is clearly off topic. His subsequent posts will be deleted without notice, although my general policy is to be transparent about moderation. Consider this transparent disclosure that future posts from kennyP or interpreted by me to be promoting BTCD will be deleted without specific notice.

ok. I'll accept this decision. I think BTCD privacy network & teleporting is highly relevant to XMR, but maybe I'm ahead of the pack on this one. I'll pop back in a couple of months ... maybe things will look different by xmas time.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
August 27, 2014, 09:22:17 PM
What is the proper way for a prospective XMR speculator to interpret Smooth's busy schedule?

Is he a an XMR developer with outside interests?

Is he an XMR PR agent policing the forums?

Can he both effectively?

As a prospective XMR speculator, I'm interested in the mission statement of the XMR core development team, as a whole and as individuals.

legendary
August 27, 2014, 08:59:05 PM

Activity: 544
August 27, 2014, 08:55:14 PM
I deleted rikkejohn's complaint about my deletion of his accusation/belief of XMR being a scam. The second message was no more substantively related to XMR speculation than the first. The OP states that "Monero sucks" is off topic. "Monero is a scam" or "I believe Monero is a scam" are also off topic. Let's not play games here.

I deleted kennyP's comments about BTCD (and othe's reply) which scarcely even mentioned Monero but were certainly not specifically on-topic to Monero Speculation.

legendary
August 27, 2014, 08:49:10 PM
I deleted rikkejohn's complaint about my deletion of his accusation/belief of XMR being a scam. The second message was no more substantively related to XMR speculation than the first. The OP states that "Monero sucks" is off topic. "Monero is a scam" or "I believe Monero is a scam" are also off topic. Let's not play games here.

I deleted kennyP's comments about BTCD (and othe's reply) which scarcely even mentioned Monero but were certainly not specifically on-topic to Monero Speculation.

Jump to: