Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 2. (Read 3676 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
September 21, 2012, 04:37:00 PM
Even after everything... all the scams and ponzis. The bucket-shops and "online wallets." The thefts and "hacks." The "credit-ratings" and "savings and trusts."

The hits keep on coming. And coming.

The latest? You dare ask?

New Asset idea, Cambodian rice sharecropping (4% to 6% a year) Feedback wanted!

Now, I don't know about you, but I think there comes a time when we need to stand up and say ENOUGH!

I think that time is somewhere before "Cambodian rice sharecropping," no matter who brings it to the table, even if it is "goat on a boat."

Can this community show some spine, not to mention decency, and say no to this?
+1

I admit i started laughing at the "cambodian rice sharecropping". How the hell can ppl keep falling in such scams?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
September 21, 2012, 04:32:43 PM
Even after everything... all the scams and ponzis. The bucket-shops and "online wallets." The thefts and "hacks." The "credit-ratings" and "savings and trusts."

Now, I don't know about you, but I think there comes a time when we need to stand up and say ENOUGH!

I think that time is somewhere before "Cambodian rice sharecropping," no matter who brings it to the table, even if it is "goat on a boat."

4% to 6% a year is probably legit, and since he lives close to Cambodia, what's wrong with investing in Cambodian rice farming?
Jan
legendary
Activity: 1043
Merit: 1002
September 21, 2012, 01:29:36 PM
I wonder what leftists are doing in a community that's dedicated to building an ultra-randian utopia?
Bitcoin is Apolitical.

Not everyone is an anachonut who wants to take down the government and enact a randian order...

Bitcoin is an awesome utility that CAN AND WILL be used by private organizations and world governments around the world, to better enhance their monetary securities and invest in a sound solution for the future.
Well said.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
firstbits.com/1kznfw
September 21, 2012, 01:20:25 PM
To be honest with you, I think that BitCoin needs more proposals like the crop sharing which is a real world investment that involves production of goods used by society, and less of the "1.5% weekly, profits from loans" proposals. The only thing I see wrong with it is the third party risk from the property being owned by his wife's family due to legal restrictions. But I feel that we need to get out of this HYIP-denominated-in-bitcoin investment mode because real world investments don't have returns matching just holding bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
September 21, 2012, 12:29:56 PM

Hey! I enjoy dramas on this forum!
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015
September 21, 2012, 12:28:13 PM
I wonder what leftists are doing in a community that's dedicated to building an ultra-randian utopia?
Bitcoin is Apolitical.

Not everyone is an anachonut who wants to take down the government and enact a randian order...

Bitcoin is an awesome utility that CAN AND WILL be used by private organizations and world governments around the world, to better enhance their monetary securities and invest in a sound solution for the future.
legendary
September 21, 2012, 12:25:12 PM

You would prefer that more people were unemployed and dependent on their families or worse - the state?

No one is being forced to work there, I fail to understand what leftists see wrong in that.
If you can call these investments schemes "work" and people like goat "unemployed", then I rest my case. People who actually do REAL work and build things, do not appreciate the clever antics. I certainly don't like people who come up with these "gimme money" schemes and then correlate that with defeating unemployment....
legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
September 21, 2012, 12:24:53 PM
I say no to them all, problem solved for me. Are you asking me to somehow say no for other people now too?
Activity: 938
Merit: 1009
September 21, 2012, 12:24:11 PM
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
September 21, 2012, 12:23:47 PM
Don't matter what the "community" does thinks feels.  Individuals will do what individuals do.  Then the rest of us get to laugh, and laugh, and laugh.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
September 21, 2012, 12:21:46 PM

You would prefer that more people were unemployed and dependent on their families or worse - the state?

No one is being forced to work there, I fail to understand what leftists see wrong in that.
legendary
September 21, 2012, 12:15:40 PM

+1
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
September 21, 2012, 12:13:38 PM
Pages:
Jump to: