Pages:
Author

Topic: ... - page 2. (Read 1747 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 658
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
August 16, 2015, 10:55:35 PM
I get all good reviews from my actual customers. A couple of other local dealers took the liberty of leaving me negative reviews even though we have never done business. Also it seems like half the trade requests I get are from cops so I ignore almost all of them. It's a toxic marketplace that can bring trouble your way, so I barely use it.

You have cops that send you requests? How do you know that they are cops? I haven't been here in a while, but refresh my memory, it's not illegal, right?
I got about 5-10 different requests for bitcoins for ransom ware, not half of all my requests so I was exaggerating, but they are obviously fishing for bitcoin dealers. Only cops explicitly tell you things like that.
You mean like drug dealers? Your wording is confusing me. So selling bitcoins isn't illegal, right?
Ransomware is when a hacker takes over your computer and demands bitcoin. Selling bitcoins to victims of ransomware is 100% illegal. Selling bitcoins when there's no obvious crime is not illegal, just grey area.
Oh okay, I wasn't aware that selling to victims of ransomware was illegal. I do hate ransomware with a burning passion though, and I feel incredibly sorry for anyone that's affected by it.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
August 16, 2015, 10:51:39 PM
I used it 2013 quite a bit. I think those were considerably more innocent times on there. Only once was I asked for any ID from a seller. Now it seems to be mandatory.
legendary
Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658
August 16, 2015, 10:51:11 PM
I've been active on localbitcoins since it started.  I've done many trades with people that I knew were cops, and several trades with people that I thought were probably cops.  So far, it's never been a problem.  Cops are people too, and some of them are very interested in being involved in the bitcoin community.
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
August 16, 2015, 10:49:25 PM
I get all good reviews from my actual customers. A couple of other local dealers took the liberty of leaving me negative reviews even though we have never done business. Also it seems like half the trade requests I get are from cops so I ignore almost all of them. It's a toxic marketplace that can bring trouble your way, so I barely use it.

You have cops that send you requests? How do you know that they are cops? I haven't been here in a while, but refresh my memory, it's not illegal, right?
I got about 5-10 different requests for bitcoins for ransom ware, not half of all my requests so I was exaggerating, but they are obviously fishing for bitcoin dealers. Only cops explicitly tell you things like that.
You mean like drug dealers? Your wording is confusing me. So selling bitcoins isn't illegal, right?
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
August 16, 2015, 10:46:37 PM
That sucks, how much sales have you lost over this?
And indeed as the previous post said, how do you know that you get trade requests from cops?
rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt
August 16, 2015, 10:44:13 PM

Activity: 197
Merit: 100
August 16, 2015, 10:42:55 PM
Pages:
Jump to: