Merit: 0
December 26, 2015, 12:42:33 AM
§
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
December 26, 2015, 12:21:48 AM
I guess it is not a killer application bitcoin, I guess it was just a hacker who drain bitcoin application you have. and I think people were just toying with bitcoin players that bitcoin users curious and downloading the application so that he could get dollars
Activity: 10
December 26, 2015, 12:10:53 AM
§
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
December 26, 2015, 12:01:37 AM
If there was a single application that would cause a mass adoption of Bitcoin, what would it be? What is the one single killer app that would make Bitcoin accepted worldwide and cause mainstream adoption?

It seems that whatever it is it would have to be something cool. Something that attracted the attention of the mainstream consumer that required Bitcoin as an entry gateway. Something that made the average person go "Huh... That's interesting" and go to their computer and type 'Killer App' into google.

What's needed isn't a Bitcoin killer app. It's a killer app that needs Bitcoin.

Ideas?

people hate having to fund a applepay wallet. a paypal wallet. a starbucks wallet. a amazon wallet. but when these merchants accept bitcoin direct. then bitcoin can be advertised as the ultimate wallet that can fund any service without having to hand over personal finance details that can be hacked.

also knowing bitcoin is decentralised. having merchants (due to secretly playing the spreads) offering deals at an apparent discount or rebate

but the app needs a built in 'buy bitcoin' / 'sell bitcoin' facility so that people dont need to use a separate service to just get bitcoins
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
December 25, 2015, 11:55:36 PM
If people already had ideas on what this would be, then it would already be out there and making tons of money and bringing Bitcoin mainstream. And no one with a "killer app" is going to post it publicly so that someone else can steal it. I think it is pointless to keep making these threads and asking the same question over and over again.
December 25, 2015, 11:54:13 PM
§
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
December 25, 2015, 11:44:02 PM
In my opinion, the only thing that would make such an impact would be if someone was giving away 1 BTC for every 3 people playing the app.  There is nothing that is going to get that much movement in the adaption of Bitcoin.  What we need is people telling others about Bitcoin and what it can do for them.
December 25, 2015, 11:40:20 PM
§
Pages:
Jump to: