Pages:
Author

Topic:   - page 2. (Read 1141 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
September 24, 2016, 11:08:30 AM
Lending without collateral is a huge risk, IMHO. Not sure why you would lend money to someone halfway around the globe whom you never met before and know nothing about.
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027
September 24, 2016, 10:28:37 AM
Almost every business is being threatened by scammers/hackers, will you call all of them dead ?
Any loan business could be performed well with proper collateral, so P2P bitcoin lending too.

I agree with you, in every business you will find scammers and hackers for that you cannot stop doing business, P2P lending is going but now it is going with lenders taking more precautionary steps as even if you take collateral as altcoins or bitcointalk account , their are scammers who post it as hacked and then that account becomes useless for lender to pledge or sell it to recover the loan. So now they are taking some more steps before lending anyone.

So P2P lending is not dead but it is become slow now with only reputed users only doing it.
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.
September 24, 2016, 10:26:18 AM
I think there should be an option in the poll  "Somewhere between YES and NO".

P2P lending is not quite dead.  For instance,  see the lending thread of the bitcointalk forum.  People are still lending and borrowing money with enough  collateral but the number of transactions has significantly decreased in comparison to the past.
P2P lending is slowly declining but not dead,  yet.  So do me a favor and put that 'Somewhere between Yes and No' option in the poll.
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
September 24, 2016, 10:23:42 AM
Almost every business is being threatened by scammers/hackers, will you call all of them dead ?
Any loan business could be performed well with proper collateral, so P2P bitcoin lending too.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
September 24, 2016, 10:17:27 AM
As we know, bitcoin P2P used to be great, people could lend their money with low risks.
These days, people hates it because there's many scammer around even there's reputation system, identity verification and collateral as well.

So, do you think bitcoin P2P lending is dead? I think it's pretty dead and i hope people stop use this till there's effective way to prevent scammer.
Yeah well i would say its more or less dead, as you said because of so many scams in past no one is trusting anyone. Even if someone is they are taking every bit of precaution necessary and high collaterals.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 7490
Crypto Swap Exchange
September 24, 2016, 09:56:04 AM
Pages:
Jump to: