Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
April 13, 2013, 04:11:38 AM
You're welcome.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
April 13, 2013, 04:10:25 AM
The big difference between now and 2011?...a new group of suckers.

Same get rich quick attitude, same "new paradigm" talk, just different people.

What's old is new again.  Roll Eyes

Thanks for contributing.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
daytrader/superhero
April 13, 2013, 04:05:35 AM
The big difference between now and 2011?...a new group of suckers.

Same get rich quick attitude, same "new paradigm" talk, just different people.

What's old is new again.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
April 13, 2013, 04:02:04 AM
I come back to eco-system development. MUCH more going on now, including global geo-political awareness, etc, VCs are getting their feet wet, infrastructure is being built out, we've got some bitcoin hedge funds, better security, (mostly) well understood best-practices for handling bitcoin as both a user and a business....

None of that was true in 2011. There was very little infrastructure base. The price was driven by the (in my opinion) correct analysis of bitcoin's phenomenal theoretical potential, but the ecosystem was incredibly thin. Yes, it's still absolutely in infancy now, but still amounts to much more of a solid core to support it in terms of mindshare, commitment, people, money, and services.

I'm maintaining a couple email chains about bitcoin now with dozens of people ranging from 20-something developers, to experienced VCs and entrepreneurs, to Wall St bankers. The level of serious, thoughtful, attention given to bitcoin now by a wider swath of people is great, and not to be under-appreciated.

+1
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
April 13, 2013, 03:02:47 AM
I come back to eco-system development. MUCH more going on now, including global geo-political awareness, etc, VCs are getting their feet wet, infrastructure is being built out, we've got some bitcoin hedge funds, better security, (mostly) well understood best-practices for handling bitcoin as both a user and a business....

None of that was true in 2011. There was very little infrastructure base. The price was driven by the (in my opinion) correct analysis of bitcoin's phenomenal theoretical potential, but the ecosystem was incredibly thin. Yes, it's still absolutely in infancy now, but still amounts to much more of a solid core to support it in terms of mindshare, commitment, people, money, and services.

I'm maintaining a couple email chains about bitcoin now with dozens of people ranging from 20-something developers, to experienced VCs and entrepreneurs, to Wall St bankers. The level of serious, thoughtful, attention given to bitcoin now by a wider swath of people is great, and not to be under-appreciated.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
April 13, 2013, 02:21:26 AM
I saw the title of this thread, and got prepared for a shallow one-liner opening post. You got it all covered, however. I've got nothing to add. Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
April 13, 2013, 01:02:18 AM
Pages:
Jump to: