Topic: . - page 2. (Read 1669 times)

Activity: 320
Merit: 250
July 01, 2013, 03:20:42 PM
Check this site out, bfl.ptz.ro
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
June 28, 2013, 11:58:19 AM
If I had a preorder with them I would probably play the waiting game. I'd rather commit to my original purchase and get at least some hardware eventually than try and sell the preorder place, then attempt to enter the ASIC market again (as there are not many promising opportunities right for orders <$1000, in my opinion.)
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Sometimes man, just sometimes.....
June 28, 2013, 11:26:01 AM
What kind of blunders has happened to them to make them cash starved? I had a quick read on them and it turns out that they had venture capital investing in them, next they got heaps of pre-orders. I understand that overheads are really high, but once developed, unit cost is low. Who would not lend a few bucks to a company with product shipping? They kind of have funding 3 ways.

Most of their issues have not been money, but QC issues.  Power consumption, form factor not being what they want, cooling, etc.  The original design of the Jalapeno is much different than the one they have shipped, as well as it has a higher power consumption than originally promised.  Constantly refining/changing their products.  That, and their units are not massed produced in a factory, they are hand made basically (so I believe, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).

For once I managed to jump in early on something and have had my Jalapeno for almost a month now.  Wish I could have gotten a Single, but its better than nothing by a long shot.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
June 28, 2013, 11:18:43 AM
What kind of blunders has happened to them to make them cash starved? I had a quick read on them and it turns out that they had venture capital investing in them, next they got heaps of pre-orders. I understand that overheads are really high, but once developed, unit cost is low. Who would not lend a few bucks to a company with product shipping? They kind of have funding 3 ways.
Activity: 703
Merit: 502
June 28, 2013, 11:17:36 AM
A friend of mine ordered a Single in the mid of March and he has not gotten his ASIC yet.

no one who ordered a single later than 23rd June 2012 has received one yet. (which was either the 1st or 2nd day they went on sale).
Activity: 11
June 28, 2013, 11:05:13 AM
A friend of mine ordered a Single in the mid of March and he has not gotten his ASIC yet.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 28, 2013, 10:51:15 AM
BFL keeps saying next month and never deliverers
Activity: 703
Merit: 502
June 28, 2013, 10:20:03 AM
I ordered a jalapeno in April-- what could be the ETA be, anyone know? I heard that they where being shipping a month ago, but still nothing for me. Did I get scammed?

BFL is shipping Jalapenos but there is still a rather large back log. I believe they are currently shipping pre-orders from last September, so you probably still have a bit of a wait.

and guess what?
bv the time it arrives, the difficulty will be so high, you won't make back the money you gave them.

the recent move to selling chips and offering upgrades for cash are classic signs of a company with cashflow problems......................
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
June 23, 2013, 04:21:45 AM
I ordered a jalapeno in April-- what could be the ETA be, anyone know? I heard that they where being shipping a month ago, but still nothing for me. Did I get scammed?

BFL is shipping Jalapenos but there is still a rather large back log. I believe they are currently shipping pre-orders from last September, so you probably still have a bit of a wait.

and guess what?
bv the time it arrives, the difficulty will be so high, you won't make back the money you gave them.
legendary
Activity: 1057
Merit: 1009
June 23, 2013, 04:04:25 AM
You can see order status upgrade of shipping date on bfl website here : https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
June 23, 2013, 01:19:49 AM
No keep holding you brought at just the right time !
Activity: 8
Merit: 500
June 23, 2013, 01:18:58 AM
Activity: 4
June 23, 2013, 12:22:48 AM
Pages:
Jump to: