Pages:
Author

Topic: .. - page 2. (Read 8157 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
September 20, 2013, 10:17:36 PM
You don't need a fan for one Erupter.

The cooling block on top of the board is good enough.

You'd only need a fan if you're running several of them close together, such as ten in one USB hub, because the multiple heat sources close together cause a higher aggregate temperature.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
September 20, 2013, 09:14:55 AM
They're OK if they're in open air, or even somewhere with a bit of air movement.  Mine are in a 10 port hub that's sitting beside the ATX PSU running my Blades.  The tiny bit of air movement from the fan in the PSU is enough to keep the temps down on the Erupters.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
September 20, 2013, 08:20:59 AM
It should be alright sir. It will be far to hot to touch though.

heat also kills the components on the board.. It is advised you run a fan on the thing if you want it to even get close to its ROI.
(source: I have 1 block erupter.. and it is far happier with a fan on it)

Cool, thanks. I'll put a fan on it then. Will these last a long time with a fan?

That's the theory. But I don't have fan running on my USB Block Erupter. I have been using computers and lots of electronic devices in my house. I don't really bother to switch a lot of them off, because I don't need to pay the electricity. It is covered in my rent. And my game consoles are on 24/7 for many years. also my laptops and computers (Non of them have die because I don't put extra cooling for them). Some people have extra fans to cool them down. And for custom pc some people even use water cooling for their pc. I know an office which run it's server for 24/7 for over 20 years, and they are not putting extra cooling for it or even put inside an Air Conditioning server room.

So in practice, I don't think you really need a fan for your USB Block Erupter.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003
Designer - Developer
September 19, 2013, 07:52:39 PM
It should be alright sir. It will be far to hot to touch though.

heat also kills the components on the board.. It is advised you run a fan on the thing if you want it to even get close to its ROI.
(source: I have 1 block erupter.. and it is far happier with a fan on it)
Activity: 18
Merit: 100
September 19, 2013, 07:40:50 PM
Pages:
Jump to: