Pages:
Author

Topic: --- - page 2. (Read 321 times)

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1270
Life's but a walking shadow!
November 07, 2019, 08:04:27 AM
The newer 'merit' system means you will be spending likely more time as a newbie.
More time you say? It's just one merit fella, that can be gotten almost immediately one registers on the forum and writes something that has an idea in it, that is more than enough to get one merit.

Don't get me wrong, I know it sure is as hell very difficult for many newbies, you can imagine it will, when everything they say is as good as "not useful" "said a million times already" "Spam" etc, yeah, it's hard for those sort of users.
Are you in that category OP?  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 5637
Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲
November 07, 2019, 07:13:10 AM
BTCWigs, I check your post history to see do you have any good post/s from a time when you were active on the forum, but unfortunately, in my opinion, there is nothing worth rewarding with merit. If you want to advance in the forum (in terms of ranking), you need to change the way you communicate in this forum by investing some time in writing useful & quality posts.

The best way to do this is to take a few examples of members who have managed to get several hundred or even thousands of merits. See their post history to learn where and how to post. 1 merit to become Jr. Member is a very easy task, the same as 10 merits to become Member.
Activity: 966
Merit: 535
November 07, 2019, 07:04:38 AM
The problem with the merit system is that most people are selfish and only here from themselves and spam anyway. If they didn't spam they would be able to pay enough attention to award people with merits. I wonder how many accounts sit with tons of merits. I have no merits left since I spend them all as I should. Noone should have any merits. They are there to give out not to horde. Unfortunately, not everyone has this mentality and that is why the merit system fails. Only popular people will get the most merits and only topic started to get merits. If you do not like to start topics you will never rank up. It just gives more power to the elites. If you don't believe me go and look at the top merit receivers.

For example, look at me. I only have a measly 25 merits. I will never become legendary. You have to seriously kiss ass and suck up and make a ton of topics based on anything you think will be popular at the time.
Hell, I have seen people get a few merit points just for a one-liner. They did deserve it but they only were chosen because they are popular here.

All that has happened is that now instead of people posting mass for post count they are posting huge massive topics for the sole reason of getting merits. It's solved nothing.
Activity: 939
Merit: 256
November 07, 2019, 06:14:36 AM
I appreciate the merit system, which is a new step for the forum. Previously people only needed to post enough articles and enough time they would rank up. Currently, if the accounts want to increase their rank, they need to contribute to the forum and to everyone. That will limit spam and alt accounts. As you can see, there are a lot of accounts with hundreds of posts right now, but they are still ranked newbie or jr.member
Activity: 2254
Merit: 831
November 07, 2019, 06:11:36 AM
You are not a true newbie because your account created in August of 2017, but you stopped posting around one month before the birthday of the merit system, and you woke up today.

Anyway, as you can read from above replies, you have to receive only a single merit from your good post to rank up. It is not too difficult, in my opinion and from my time since the birthday of the merit system.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 10802
There are lies, damned lies and statistics. MTwain
November 07, 2019, 06:04:03 AM
<...>
Nothing new under the sun here. This has been going on for quite some time, and discussed with extensity.

Seeing that your account woke up recently after a long hibernation period, you may find it interesting to read this thread: Bitcointalk's historical important changes. It covers both recent changes on the forum and older ones, helping to get up to speed.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845
Paldo.io 🤖
November 07, 2019, 06:02:33 AM
You only need 1 merit to reach Jr member. If people are having troubles earning that 1 merit, then it's very likely that they don't deserve to rank up in the first place. Also, it doesn't necessarily make ranking up longer. It just completely depends on how much effort a user is willing to exert on making their posts. Remember, we have a couple of users here with merits that are 2-3x their activity points.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 261
November 07, 2019, 05:48:32 AM
The newer 'merit' system means you will be spending likely more time as a newbie.  Previously it was possible to rank up to Jr. Member and then to regular Member status in a matter of several months depending on how active you were.  Now it could take longer than that.  This should be good for the forum as it will bring less spam, low quality posts.

Well, that's true as we will not be getting to see one word posts which newbies used to do earlier to climb up the ladder of ranking system as they have to earn their merits with useful posts or services in order to grow. I appreciate your post as being a newbie you have posted this, If you looks around the forum there are many newbie are earning merits with their posts which helps the forum.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
November 07, 2019, 05:39:59 AM
---
Pages:
Jump to: