Pages:
Author

Topic: ㅤ - page 2. (Read 440 times)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 6524
Fully-fledged Merit Cycler|Spambuster'23|Pie Baker
August 11, 2020, 09:36:13 AM
I observed also many similar topics in the Marketplace section. I assumed that the seller sold the product and didn't bother to clock / delete the topic and chose instead to edit it (including the title) with a nice "delete" message. I thought that maybe some of such members don't know how to delete / lock their topics and chose this option, to edit them.

There are also cases when the seller is trying a scam and after the scam gets revealed by other smart forum members (in their posts), OP chooses to edit the topic with the "delete" message. I noticed a lot of such topics as well. Obviously, these members have no idea about LoyceV's tool which shows their unedited posts lol. As Einstein said once, "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe".

However, I see this as redundant posting and I'm reporting all these posts each time I encounter them.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 801
August 11, 2020, 07:53:14 AM
It is a restriction on some board where posts can only be deleted after 24 hours. It is common with application posts in campaigns where people withdraw their applications but can not delete at the time, then they erase info, and replace it with "deleted". I doubt that they will remember to come back and delete their applications next days.

It is supported by that rule. They can not make a bump, then delete after few mins, and make a new bump. If they make multi bump within 24 hours, everyone can see it.
13. Bumps, "updates" are limited to once per 24 hours per thread. Bumping multiple threads at the same time is allowed if it's not annoying. [2][e]

Sometimes, scammers use delete for their Announcement thread. When their scam projects are done, they delete words in OP and go.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
August 11, 2020, 07:39:43 AM
Sometimes I did cross out an application and wanted to delete after 24 hours (in the service section, there's a restriction, after 24 hours you can delete your post) but I forgot it to come back my crossed out the post and delete it. Probably that was the same thing to them, they might forget to delete after 24 hours.

If this is intended for post count, I don't think so. Forgetting is always on us as a human. But it's our responsibility to clean our mess like this and should not forget.

I think all sections have a 24 hour rule before you can delete your message with no restriction of the ranks. Not sure though.
No, this is not so, I deleted a lot of messages and never had any restrictions, I can write a post here and in a second delete it and there will be no restrictions.
AFAIK, only the service section has a restriction like this. You can't delete your post within that time after you've post unless the 24 hours will be passed.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 667
August 11, 2020, 07:16:29 AM
Additional post count, nothing else.

As they can delete the post instead of posting "Deleted".

Gaining additional post by posting "deleted" is spamming, if they enroll in a campaign, managers won't count it, so there's no sense of posting deleted to gain post. I think there's an original post to it and they just edited it to deleted while some just crushed the post without editing it.

Just like this post below, I believed Slow death applied for wolf.bet campaign but later accepted in bestchange, so he crashed his application post but did not delete the post.

Here's an example:

Bitcointalk username: Slow death
Bitcointalk profile URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile
Amount of earned merit in the last 120 days: 34
BTC Address: 321fQLVy8fsiihAx6wXU4qgKmEbnU4Ft8h

There are still x3 Legendary & x1 Hero Member open positions!
Bitcointalk username: Slow death
Bitcointalk profile URL: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile
Amount of earned merit in the last 120 days: 34
BTC Address: 321fQLVy8fsiihAx6wXU4qgKmEbnU4Ft8h
Reapplying

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 4368
August 11, 2020, 07:04:48 AM
I think how I'd prefer to handle it is to prevent deleting posts within 24 hours of posting them, in the problematic sections only. Which sections are problematic?

I think how I'd prefer to handle it is to prevent deleting posts within 24 hours of posting them
I kinda expect them to just leave their spam much longer, but that can happen with all possible solutions for this problem.

Which sections are problematic?
I've confirmed bump bots in:
-Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins)
-Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Announcements (Altcoins) > Tokens (Altcoins)
-Bitcoin Forum > Alternate cryptocurrencies > Marketplace (Altcoins)

I wouldn't be surprised if there are more.

OK, the 24-hour limit is now in place in the sections that people mentioned.

here, too, the limit is set for 24 hours and it does not depend on the rank of the user.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=52.0
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
August 11, 2020, 06:57:38 AM
Post can only be deleted after 24 hours.

In which sections and for which ranks does this rule apply?

You can read in this thread https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39163661

I don't know what specific boards covered by the rule, since the information or post from Theymos is not a formal announcement based on the thread I saw.

I think all sections have a 24 hour rule before you can delete your message /...

Not all sections per theymos.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
CRYPTOMUS
August 11, 2020, 06:56:46 AM
I think its a form of gesture. Some user do this like what Finestream explained, they are removing their application on campaign by simply putting strikethrough to inform someone that they are not pushing their application and most likely will delete it after the 24 hours rules. Or on some post maybe they just want to show that they edited their post by keeping their previous word and changing with the new one.

In which sections and for which ranks does this rule apply?
I think all sections have a 24 hour rule before you can delete your message with no restriction of the ranks. Not sure though.
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1775
August 11, 2020, 06:53:49 AM
In general, I did not understand the meaning of such posts a little, can someone explain to me what their meaning is and why they are so valuable that they are not deleted by users, but edited in this way Huh
That's what humans say 'Same hair black / different minds'.
Of course, everyone who leaves scribbled writing has their own reasons, only that person has the full reason, about the application being crossed out and not deleted.

Reason: general.
1. The application is crossed out not deleted, indicating that I have registered in the campaign and I have posted on a certain topic.
2. There are some accusations, after the accusation has been corrected, the main post is not deleted and just crossed out for evidence.
3. Just for fun and let the app stay on topic.
4. And many other reasons, clearly the writing on the crossed out does not disturb other users.
copper member
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305
Limited in number. Limitless in potential.
August 11, 2020, 06:49:56 AM
Additional post count, nothing else.

As they can delete the post instead of posting "Deleted".
Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
August 11, 2020, 06:16:32 AM
Post can only be deleted after 24 hours, so people mark it as delete so they can delete the post whenever possible.

I also do the same in the past when I apply for a campaign and believe that post is not necessary anymore, I delete it after 24 hours, sometimes people also forget to delete the post though they mark it as delete, this is mostly done by participants not accepted in a signature campaign.
Activity: 520
Merit: 11957
August 11, 2020, 06:13:34 AM
Pages:
Jump to: