Pages:
Author

Topic: ㅤ - page 3. (Read 734 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 553
Play Bitcoin PVP Prediction Game
October 08, 2021, 07:12:18 AM
From the latest FTX news. The exchange continues its expansion in the crypto space. At the end of August, the American division of FTX.US announced the purchase of the LedgerX derivatives exchange:

I didn't have FTX on my radar for quite a while. Just noticed them when I found out they took over Blockfolio. Does anyone know how much they acquired Blockfolio for? Just asking out of interest. Definitely a business to watch as it seems!
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1429
October 07, 2021, 11:30:22 PM
Sam Bankman-Fried is also in the cover of Forbes magazine. The other cryptoexchange owner who made the cover is Changpeng Zhao of Binance. Binance became the biggest exchange after that with BNB pumping from $1.00 during the bear market to $600 during the present bull market. I speculate the best investment to buy during the next bear market is FTT.

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
October 05, 2021, 05:36:07 AM
FTX also became a sponsor of Formula 1, the Mercedes AMG F1 team:

Indeed, it was discussed in the F1 topic here and here.

I've even put there a nice image where FTX is visible:

I guess it wasn't cheap, but it is visible and imho it's a big deal, especially after crypto.com entering F1 and (hopefully) making more people read about crypto.
legendary
September 06, 2021, 11:38:22 PM
I speculate that Sam knows that he is opening a new method for moving tokens to avoid the SEC’s policies and regulations. NFTs is art and business dealings with art and the art industry is not strictly regulated by the SEC. Clearly this will make NFT markets become bigger than Defi.
legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 1490
September 06, 2021, 08:45:14 AM
FTX CEO announced the addition of a new function for issuing non-interchangeable tokens (NFT) on the main and American platforms. All NFTs will be cross-chain compatible with Ethereum and Solana. Deposits and withdrawals will be opened within a few weeks.

upd: And about the possibility of interaction with the OpenSea platform. When asked by user @paulcr2009 if it would be possible to deposit existing collections from OpenSea, Sam Bankman Fried's answer was: "Soon".

legendary
September 03, 2021, 10:31:49 PM
@Ratimov. FTX will never have a shortage of marketing and promotion. They have partnered with the Miami Heat, Major League baseball, an esports team and they also have Tom Brady and the sexy wife Gisele Bundchen as major investors hehehe. Sam might become the Jeff Bezos of the cryptospace.

Also I received this reply after I mentioned that FTX might be the Binance killer hehehe. It appears that much of the people in the forum will be shocked to learn about FTX.

I will create a thread for [FTT] speculation when it pumps to $100 hehehehe.
legendary
September 02, 2021, 11:50:59 PM
It won't be easy for FTX to claim #1.

Yes, exchanges easily lose their leadership, but earning it and keeping it is an extremely difficult task. Despite the fact that Binance, with a 100% probability, tweaks its volumes, it still has a huge impact and opportunities for the crypto market. Thanks to this, we saw an explosive growth in BNB.

If FTX manages to take the lead from Binance, my guess is that their FTX token could grow 10x. Now its price is ~$60.

Agreed on your prediction on FTT. I have also argued that FTT might be a good token to hold during bear markets in the altcoin speculation subforum, however, there were much disagreements about this hehe. I reckon that they might not have considered FTX’s buy and burn system which appears to be growing.

Also, much of the people did not consider that the buy back system might be another method of indirect form of revenue for holding FTT. If the exchange revenue grows, the buy backs of FTT will also grow.
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
September 02, 2021, 05:45:09 PM
It should be noted that FTX is actually the App Blockfolio that recent changed the skin of the blockfolio app and it is now called FTX. 

As to the Blockfolio/FTX app, nothing has changed.  The app is still full of inaccuracies in so far as it lists exchanges such as Nova,  Cryptopia and even AEX (to name but a few) as sources to poll prices of the crypto assets in you portfolio.

What has changed however, is the addition of the FTX exchange as a method of polling crypto prices (even ones that aren't listed on their exchange) so they're probably polling the figures from elsewhere, collating, then repackaging as their own product.

I haven't tried at add Derivatives or other stocks on the stock market, (I have an App called Delta that already does that) however, a while ago a stock by the name of GameStop saw their price jump into the hundreds of dollars - I have a small bag of an alt coin called GameCoin whose symbol is GME which just happens to be the same as GameStop (GME).  Without any prior notification, Blockfolio (now FTX) changed the logo from GameCoin (GME) to GameStop (GME) and now polls the prices for GameStop (GME).

So now I appear to have over $100,000,000 worth of GameStop (GME) when in fact I own GameCoin (GME) which are not listed on any exchange and are worthless. 

Blockfolio (now FTX) arbitrarily changed the type of commodity with the symbol GME without telling anyone.
legendary
September 01, 2021, 10:40:52 AM
Binance is losing many markets due to regulatory prohibitions. The largest loss of the market can be considered South Korea, which was the main supplier of liquidity for Binance.

Indeed, losing liquidity can easily become a problem for Binance, although I didn't feel in yet. But I also don't use Binance that much... I'm not a trader.
But - although they are not to be trusted - the volumes shown by Binance are still at a different level of magnitude than the opponents, whether it's Huobi, OKEX, Coinbase or FTX.
It won't be easy for FTX to claim #1.

legendary
September 01, 2021, 10:05:03 AM
As I have argued and continue to argue, now FTX will be trying to promote with all their might. I would not be surprised if this exchange soon becomes the number 1 exchange, displacing Binance from its pedestal.

When you first replied me (some weeks/months ago) about FTX pushing to replace Binance I was like "who?!"; I didn't hear about FTX before, somehow I managed to completely miss their rise.
Meanwhile I've read more and indeed, they push quite hard to grow, since indeed, it's a good moment for a change.

On the other hand.. I don't know, FTX looks like yet another very KYC friendly exchange, hence I see no big difference between filling KYC at Binance or leaving vs filling KYC at FTX or avoiding it.
legendary
August 31, 2021, 11:11:59 AM
Imho this should have been posted here. FTX is growing:

FTX US has acquired LedgerX, a regulated exchange specializing in cryptocurrency derivatives, the amount of the transaction is not disclosed, it is planned to close in October. The plans include creating products for retail and institutional traders, directing significant resources to developing relations with regulators and promoting innovations in accordance with "strict standards of the US financial services industry," the parties involved in the transaction said. https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevenehrlich/2021/08/31/us-bitcoin-exchange-backed-by-billionaire-sam-bankman-fried-moves-into-crypto-derivatives/?sh=3bdf0f174022

Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
August 11, 2021, 07:11:41 AM
I think that FTX certainly has a lot of merits over sites like Bitmex and Deribit which don't have the offerings of FTX tokens.

FTX tokens have also outperformance Binance tokens substantially over the same time period because they don't have the variable leverage offerings. I think that is definitely a bonus as well.

Hopefully they don't get cracked down on like the other derivatives exchanges previously because they do provide a pretty good user experience.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 7064
Cashback 15%
July 25, 2021, 11:17:07 AM
Main advantage for FTX exchange is the fact that they don't charge any fees for withdrawing Bitcoin from their account to your own wallet, but limits are very low for unverified account without kyc verification.
Giving higher limits would probably put them in the same trouble boat with Binance and draw more attention of regulators on them, so they are still managing to balance that.
Activity: 520
Merit: 11957
July 24, 2021, 10:32:24 AM
Pages:
Jump to: