Pages:
Author

Topic: ㅤ - page 2. (Read 273 times)

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1147
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
July 28, 2021, 08:40:50 AM
^ Can we also assume that many traders/speculators are content with leaving their money on exchanges? They can deposit fiat or stable coins > buy bitcoin > let it sit there for a while or withdraw using an altcoin like xrp/doge. Exchanges do not have to compete with other users and we know that it's them that usually use high fees for BTC transactions
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
July 28, 2021, 08:27:43 AM
~snip

a) positive, people have migrated massively to LN, that's a longshot
b) 50/50 people have stopped using it as a currency and are just holding and waiting.

agree on this, I am more to second choice, that people are holding and waiting for a price increase, or whatever is going to happen
there is more and more BTC on LN, but it is really far from any mainstream adoption, even for BTC long-term users, and I do not think that any meaningful activity on LN is influencing lower fees, since that activity is small percentage of total activity

current parameters for LN are almost 15k nodes and 2000 BTC locked, which is a tiny market fraction, according to Bitcoin Visuals
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
July 28, 2021, 08:01:28 AM
I want to believe that the tendency for such commissions will continue and that you will not have to overpay. This will make the network more usable and attract more people.

Not going to happen!
The moment lower fees attract more people there are more transactions, there is competition for that space, the fees go up.
What I've seen and I appreciate it as a bad indicator is that for about a month and a half we're constantly below network capacity, lately without having a day in which a half-empty if not totally empty block is mined.

The number of transactions is taking a plunge

and you can only blame it on two causes

a) positive, people have migrated massively to LN, that's a longshot
b) 50/50 people have stopped using it as a currency and are just holding and waiting.

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6320
Crypto Swap Exchange
July 28, 2021, 07:58:52 AM
Makes you wonder how much of the congestion / high fees were new users getting into BTC for the 1st time and did not know any better. The price was high, it looked for a bit like it would keep going up so everyone wanted in on it.
BUT, they did not know about here, they did not read about BTC. They just went out and bought some BTC and paid the fees to transfer it to their own wallet and did not know any better.

Yeah, you don't want to leave your coins at some exchange, but waiting for a drop in fess would save them a bundle. But they don't, and the next person does not, and so on.

-Dave
Activity: 520
Merit: 11957
July 28, 2021, 07:23:29 AM
Pages:
Jump to: