Pages:
Author

Topic: ㅤ - page 2. (Read 221 times)

Activity: 271
Merit: 14
March 05, 2022, 03:55:18 AM
I can relate, I'm running three email accounts on my phone and days back someone tried to log into my email account and the only thing stopping them is different location the hacker tried to log in from and my recovery email account, once location is different Gmail will sent a code to your recovery gmail account, I use words for that Gmail account I guess that's why they get my password easily.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
March 05, 2022, 03:54:26 AM
This is a good reminder that a strong password doesn't have to be simple to avoid being brute force and cracked. Use complex passwords with different sets of numbers, symbols, uppercase and lowercase letters.
More precisely, it can't be simple because it's instantly hackable judging by the information provided in the table. A password made up of only numbers can be instantly hacked even if it has 11 characters. The same rules apply to anything with lowercase letters of 8 characters or less.

I can't comment on the accuracy of the provided information and whether or not it's that easy. But there surely has to be a difference between using dictionary words and using random characters. 'accident' is easier to crack than 'gltrozxu' even though both examples are passwords with only lowercase numbers. I doubt the second example can be instantly bruteforced. I also think you would be safer with non-English words than English words in a password, if you absolutely have to use them.

I think that the timeframes are a bit too optimistic here.
Activity: 520
Merit: 11957
March 05, 2022, 03:24:59 AM
Pages:
Jump to: