Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
September 06, 2022, 07:09:02 PM
Sometimes, education needs time - and money.  Cheesy

You are wrong on this.
Education always needs time.
I general, you are right.  Cheesy
My intention was to emphasize learning to avoid such obvious scams because common sense should already teach us to stay away from it - even after losing money once (because someone shilled Terra Luna in our board a few days ago). I was embarassed.  Lips sealed

So, for some people with a lack of education it's costing money. (because it's taking time to do research). And for some, it's costing money twice. Tongue
Should be more accurate.  Smiley

Money, I don't know.
Sending money to an obvious scam (i.e. to good to be true) = money will be lost

But I guess this uneducated money is a fundamental part of the price discovery of bitcoin: it's a Far West we are living in; the sheriff hasn't arrived in the city yet, but in the end, it's San Francisco we are going to build.
That's true, only few will survive: scary bear markets, terrifying FUD, shitcoins, scams and hacks, and, of course a temptation to sell early and take profits.  Wink
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 15144
Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23
September 06, 2022, 06:43:00 PM

You are wrong on this.
Education always needs time.

Money, I don't know. But time for sure. And bitcoin educated me lowering my intere-oral choices, thus empowering me the luxury of being patient enough to study a lot before investing, and then actually saving money, that otherwise would have been lost in trading, or some other exotic project.

But I guess this uneducated money is a fundamental part of the price discovery of bitcoin: it's a Far West we are living in; the sheriff hasn't arrived in the city yet, but in the end, it's San Francisco we are going to build.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 6769
Currently not much available - see my websitelink
September 06, 2022, 06:35:08 PM
It's quite worrisome how much uneducated money is left in the market.
No matter if it's useless NFT pictures, useless Meme-Coins, risky and flawed Defi platforms or just a shitcoin scam, where no real product was planned to be launched - people are still throwing money at it - ok, NFTs have lost volume massively.
Unbelievable how easy it is for scammers to collect 300k USD...
Recently, someone shilled Terra Luna again on our local (German) board, so I'm not surprised at all.  Cheesy

Maybe a sign that the market will drop again? I don't know.

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
September 06, 2022, 02:27:23 PM
- DYOR.
This is by far the most important advice, and could prevent 99% of scams that people fall for.
People are mostly influenced by personalities and take what presumed important people say serious; this is one reason scammers try to impersonate such personalities (by creating a fake profile or hacking their actual accounts) inorder to scam gullible people.

If one just simply exercised restrain and did a bit of research, then they would be able to identify scam techniques, or at least seem a second opinion and get some advice, rather than relying on greed.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1224
Life's but a walking shadow!
September 06, 2022, 02:07:21 PM
Now imagine if that account is OR was hacked, think about how much the scammer will be able to make in a few minutes before Twitter flags the account as being hacked and return it to the rightful owner, it has happened before, it will definitely happen again sometime in the future, and YES, people will still fall victim, people will still send their funds because they erroneously think the crypto network is a get rich quick scheme, and that their funds can somehow be multiplied.
I know I'll probably get hate for the way I did this awareness campaign, but I don't care. It's going to get at least a few people to start thinking more critically about where and to who they send their money. And that is more than worth it to me. It was fun
If it was an actual scammer hiding behind a laptop to scam them, will they hate the anonymous scammer, prolly yes, but their hate will yield nothing, their money is gone, in this case they were refunded in full the money they ordinarily would/should/already have lost, thus anyone hating is absolutely kidding me; people should read, live and learn.
Activity: 520
Merit: 11957
September 06, 2022, 01:17:23 PM
Pages:
Jump to: