Pages:
Author

Topic: . - page 2. (Read 429 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
November 26, 2023, 12:12:16 PM
I don't know if this is the Coinbase address he meant
Yep, that's the same address he said it was from Coinbase as its the only one that he mentioned in that "Stake your Bitcoin Address" thread.

No one to quote.

Here is mine, the one I have used through this forum:

1PUXDiGXQygTs32iB9YwfnUadQhpuWGnq9

With that beind said, he used some other addresses that he could use if he wants.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 3597
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
November 26, 2023, 12:06:16 PM
@tg9 Nice story, but without proving that you are the owner of the account, we cannot do anything. Can you prove ownership by showing any information that only those who can access that account know, for example, details of PM messages or a trusted person on the forum that you communicated with, or any Bitcoin address that you can sign a message from, or anything?

Everything is somehow confusing. Was your account hacked or sold?
It appears that he lost access to his account and is now trying to prove that he has an old account or help restore that account.
You have to prove that you used to be the owner of that account. Sign one of the old Bitcoin addresses used by the 98789 account. For example, 1PUXDiGXQygTs32iB9YwfnUadQhpuWGnq9 which is used here

I don't know if this is the Coinbase address he meant

When I was 98789 I staked one of my bitcoin addresses, but unfortunately it was a Coinbase address. To the best of my knowledge, they removed the ability to sign messages years ago, so while I know that that is the gold standard to prove you are who you claim to be, I won't be able to provide a signed message for that reason. I see no reason why I would claim some really old account
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 3098
November 26, 2023, 08:58:56 AM
You have to prove that you used to be the owner of that account. Sign one of the old Bitcoin addresses used by the 98789 account. For example, 1PUXDiGXQygTs32iB9YwfnUadQhpuWGnq9 which is used here
legendary
Activity: 3626
Merit: 2209
💲🏎️💨🚓
November 26, 2023, 08:37:01 AM
Actually, no it isn't.

The known alts thread is for reporting alts that have been uncovered.

Where the scammers try to counter with FUD is using the myth that it (the thread) is to solely tag scammers.

The irony is you want people to tag your old UID but you don't want to report it to to the very people you are concerned will tag it.

Can you prove the old UID is yours so we're not just tagging someone so you can get off on the grief it would cause?
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1022
Hello Leo! You can still win.
November 26, 2023, 08:05:19 AM
OK. I used to be 98789.

Why cant you just go with your old account? If you forgot your password, you can reset it using your email address, if you no longer have access to your email address, you can change it in your profile settings.

I am assuming OP never wanted to be tagged for waking up from long period of inactivity. Maybe a random user could tag him alleging that he is posting in different boards or has a deteriorated English over the years. If this happens, no one will come to the aid of OP.

I can say that he is smartly reporting that he is the owner of 98789 and also he has a new account. If he is actually the owner of the old account, there's nothing wrong in using both accounts if he wishes.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1355
November 26, 2023, 06:28:27 AM
OK. I used to be 98789.

Why cant you just go with your old account? If you forgot your password, you can reset it using your email address, if you no longer have access to your email address, you can change it in your profile settings.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 5937
November 26, 2023, 06:22:06 AM
When I was 98789 I staked one of my bitcoin addresses, but unfortunately it was a Coinbase address. To the best of my knowledge, they removed the ability to sign messages years ago, so while I know that that is the gold standard to prove you are who you claim to be, I won't be able to provide a signed message for that reason. I see no reason why I would claim some really old account (that has been inactive since then and that does not belong to some community "hero") to be me, but as alternatives to prove that I am 98789 I could tweet whatever message you want from @tregaus4 (a crypto/fake X account that belongs to me, as you can see in this unedited message from 98789 (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.13471129)) or if someone with more privileges is interested in verifying my claim, I can somehow confirm via email.
Tehnically, tg9 is the alt account of 98789 so you should log into your main account, tag the new one with neutral and then you can put the old back to rest if you wish and continue with new one from scratch.

Merit was introduced. I think the change was introduced not so long after I left the forum, and I have been aware of that change for a few years now (I kept visiting the forum from time to time, I simply did not participate in any discussions nor logged in). I do not consider I was the worst of spammers (at least compared to the average user, I was not a valuable asset to Bitcointalk either), but I would like to build my reputation and my ranks up under the system in place. This is probably 90% of why I went for a new account.
Imho, you shoulnd't feel like you ranking up in the old system is somehow underserving and that you have to start from scratch. I mean, there are bunch of high ranking shiptosters now thanks to the old system but its pretty much obvious who are they, meaning they got stuck at their current rank, or still have similar amount of merit even 5 years since the introduction of merit.

From what I understand, neither. He just don't want to log in with the old one, for whatever reason.

Activity: 42
Merit: 3
November 26, 2023, 05:49:05 AM
tg9
Activity: 1
Merit: 3
November 26, 2023, 05:24:54 AM
Pages:
Jump to: