Author

Topic: . - page 74. (Read 491736 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
May 21, 2015, 04:29:50 PM
Horizon Trusted Assets

Horizon trusted assets are a great way to reduce the risk of trading digital assets and easily find quality options in the uncertain world of cryptos. While nothing is perfectly safe and there are never any guarantees, Horizon trusted assets are vetted by professional traders before being approved. This additional layer of protection helps to filter out some of the dangers in trading assets and makes it much easier to avoid some of the worst pitfalls out there.

Digital assets are exciting to trade and can be very profitable, but unfortunately most of them are are based on false claims and false promises. Contrary to that, Horizon trusted assets only includes assets we ourselves might be willing to risk our horizon on, and trade with. While things can still go wrong, choosing a Trusted asset is much safer than a non trusted asset, and our trusted assets provide a good starting point to do your own research. So make sure and research Trusted assets on the Horizon Platform Today!

(HZxchange 17828408937649813496, HZchronos 14434264033002297623, and Fire and Smoke 12746842454066497618, are the first three trusted assets)
legendary
Activity: 971
May 21, 2015, 03:22:43 PM
Coinerz posted some previews of the new client and UI - You can check them out here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/NHZOfficial/

Hmm, nice to see something like it's parents look (NXT Wallet) ; Currently day to day work I used to use MaWo's Unofficial HZ wallet's 'NXT look version' and my node is: http://209.126.99.28:7776/

Definitely it would be more 'usable' in cross platform operation (Currently Official HZ wallet got stacked or overlap on low end android tab)!

Let us give a 'pre-leased' or 'beta wallet' so that we can start using it and report any possible bug or feature request...

Cheers;))

I agree with this statement.
We will discuss opening up the test net to a small group of people from the community to do just that. Better to find any potential bug / issue early, rather than having to force another update a week later!
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
The Future is Here; Grab it Fast Before Past
May 21, 2015, 01:38:52 PM
Node bounty account dry again, as predicted yesterday  Angry

Node bounty account got reloaded!

You can expect 'double' payment tomorrow, so hold tight and get ready to put your upcoming HZ to HOLD!

HZ Rocks! ...i mean will ROCK SOON!
May 21, 2015, 01:34:48 PM
Coinerz posted some previews of the new client and UI - You can check them out here:

Hmm, nice to see something like it's parents look (NXT Wallet) ; Currently day to day work I used to use MaWo's Unofficial HZ wallet's 'NXT look version' and my node is: http://209.126.99.28:7776/

Definitely it would be more 'usable' in cross platform operation (Currently Official HZ wallet got stacked or overlap on low end android tab)!

Let us give a 'pre-leased' or 'beta wallet' so that we can start using it and report any possible bug or feature request...

Cheers;))
legendary
Activity: 971
May 21, 2015, 12:24:09 PM
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
May 21, 2015, 08:19:57 AM
Hi all, the Horizon team have noticed that this thread is being overrun by people complaining of node issues and any new development announcements that we make are quickly lost in a sea of these complaints.

As this thread was supposed to be for the announcement of new developments, I'm proposing that we start a new support thread where people with node issues can post and leave this thread clear for what it's supposed to do.

I'm also very aware that this will lead to inevitable accusations of 'they're trying to censor us' etc... However this is not the case, it's simply so that we can make talk about developments and stay on topic. A support thread will make things much easier for the dev team to follow too.

At no point will node posts be deleted. My suggestion is to move them to a new support thread. Obviously we're not going to do this without the consensus of the community.

What do people think? Yay or nay?

You are definately right. To catch the good developments news you need to dig through a pile of nodeposts first and every day. New visitors won't see them easily.

I guess it will be hard to lead the traffic elsewhere but try.

Also it could help to post a note every day with the latest update messages, pressrelease etc.

As a new participant I say Yay to the idea of a place where the basics can be discussed and catalogued for future reference.

Seems to me the place for that should be the Community forums on the Horizon site however the the traffic over there cannot compare to this BCT thread which is obvious why folks post here. Case-in-point, my beginner post sat unanswered for days in the Community forum but within hours I benefited from the wisdom of Sr. participants posting here.

My sense is Sr. participants want to help and newcomers want an inviting place to get started so perhaps an "Introduce Yourself" and/or "Getting Started" topic in the main forums with oversight of Sr. membership would be helpful to cut down on the beginner noise in the more advanced threads.
Activity: 601
Merit: 500
May 21, 2015, 02:23:57 AM
Hey fellas.....stopped at step one in setting up the node.  Link to wallet is no good, where can I download the wallet?

Thanks!

yes please wheres the wallet?

You can find the wallet on the Horizon website, Menu "Get Horizon|Horizon wallets"

or directly

https://horizonplatform.io/get-started/wallets/
May 21, 2015, 02:08:57 AM
is the faucet done? where is the link plz

you will find current Horizon faucet at :

https://faucet.horizonplatform.io/

Thanks for asking.
Activity: 55
May 21, 2015, 01:39:24 AM
is the faucet done? where is the link plz

"Proposal for modification of HZ Official Faucet Options"

Hello Devs,

As currently HZ still under development and distributional stage, I am proposing increase some rewards on HZ Official faucet. Currently it pays out between 2 and 2 Horizon each time in every 48 hours which is oke if faucet target is to allow 'new user' to activate their 'brand new' account if user is experienced and used to with HZ wallet.

I know there is potential hazard of spammers, automated collectors or even some clever dude sitting behind to game the system  but still 48 hours for IP address seem too low.

Country like my one, where having hundreds of user sharing same 'NAT' network face tremendous problem with it. Faucet was previously announced notice

"The Horizon Platform team are committed to maintaining fairness of distribution, and having an official faucet allows us to ensure that coins continue to be distributed in as fair a manner as possible. We have allocated 250,000 Horizon per day to be sent out via the faucet, and will continue to support it until distribution is complete."

Even there was allocation '250k HZ/day' and 'distributed in as fair a manner as possible' if people get few more HZ out of visiting faucet page, entering captcha worth it. Also using faucet help forger to get some extra as we can see lots of 0fee block in network.

Don't get me wrong, I just thinking of distribute few more hundred HZ to new user to play around. If there is not that much problem, devs may consider it....2HZ/48Hours seem real low, really I mean it Wink
Activity: 55
May 21, 2015, 01:38:28 AM
Hey fellas.....stopped at step one in setting up the node.  Link to wallet is no good, where can I download the wallet?

Thanks!

yes please wheres the wallet?
May 21, 2015, 01:19:24 AM
Node bounty account dry again, as predicted yesterday  Angry
May 21, 2015, 01:02:59 AM
very nice initiative!
glad you like it.

you can send the mail to @nhzcrypto.org
done.
Please PM with any problems / suggestions / improvements / changes.
Wink
related:
looks like a complicated thread here
(-: good summary :-)

the Horizon team have noticed that this thread is being overrun by people complaining of node issues and any new development announcements that we make are quickly lost in a sea of these complaints. ... As this thread was supposed to be for the announcement of new developments, I'm proposing that we start a new support thread ... and leave this thread clear for what it's supposed to do. ... My suggestion is to move them to a new support thread. ... What do people think? Yay or nay?

YAY. I already suggested the same thing a while ago:

Wouldn't it make sense to create an extra thread for the thousands of node owners who are running HZ nodes? Their questions are always the same.

My node bounty giver address checker and automailer script above was intended to solve the most frequent recurring question: "dry". I like technical solutions for social problems *lol*

But the other three questions that are repeatedly asked ... could really end up in a dedicated thread, either here in BCT or on the HZforum.
That new thread would also have to be announced in prominent places, so people really do know about it. . In the OP here - and perhaps also announce it on the node checker page itself.

Don't get me wrong: Those questions are important, and need their space, and I am totally against hiding them. But they are simply ... repetitive.

Out of all your effort (and all our discussion & hope) node bounty account is dry again! If node owner flood with complain posting dry-dry-dry; who to blame Huh
May 20, 2015, 06:54:42 PM
"Proposal for modification of HZ Official Faucet Options"

Hello Devs,

As currently HZ still under development and distributional stage, I am proposing increase some rewards on HZ Official faucet. Currently it pays out between 2 and 2 Horizon each time in every 48 hours which is oke if faucet target is to allow 'new user' to activate their 'brand new' account if user is experienced and used to with HZ wallet.

I know there is potential hazard of spammers, automated collectors or even some clever dude sitting behind to game the system  but still 48 hours for IP address seem too low.

Country like my one, where having hundreds of user sharing same 'NAT' network face tremendous problem with it. Faucet was previously announced notice

"The Horizon Platform team are committed to maintaining fairness of distribution, and having an official faucet allows us to ensure that coins continue to be distributed in as fair a manner as possible. We have allocated 250,000 Horizon per day to be sent out via the faucet, and will continue to support it until distribution is complete."

Even there was allocation '250k HZ/day' and 'distributed in as fair a manner as possible' if people get few more HZ out of visiting faucet page, entering captcha worth it. Also using faucet help forger to get some extra as we can see lots of 0fee block in network.

Don't get me wrong, I just thinking of distribute few more hundred HZ to new user to play around. If there is not that much problem, devs may consider it....2HZ/48Hours seem real low, really I mean it Wink
legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
May 20, 2015, 12:00:37 PM
very nice initiative!
glad you like it.

you can send the mail to @nhzcrypto.org

done.

Please PM with any problems / suggestions / improvements / changes.

Wink

related:

looks like a complicated thread here
(-: good summary :-)

the Horizon team have noticed that this thread is being overrun by people complaining of node issues and any new development announcements that we make are quickly lost in a sea of these complaints. ... As this thread was supposed to be for the announcement of new developments, I'm proposing that we start a new support thread ... and leave this thread clear for what it's supposed to do. ... My suggestion is to move them to a new support thread. ... What do people think? Yay or nay?

YAY. I already suggested the same thing a while ago:

Wouldn't it make sense to create an extra thread for the thousands of node owners who are running HZ nodes? Their questions are always the same.

My node bounty giver address checker and automailer script above was intended to solve the most frequent recurring question: "dry". I like technical solutions for social problems *lol*

But the other three questions that are repeatedly asked ... could really end up in a dedicated thread, either here in BCT or on the HZforum.
That new thread would also have to be announced in prominent places, so people really do know about it. . In the OP here - and perhaps also announce it on the node checker page itself.

Don't get me wrong: Those questions are important, and need their space, and I am totally against hiding them. But they are simply ... repetitive.
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
May 20, 2015, 11:31:04 AM
very nice initiative! you can send the mail to @nhzcrypto.org
legendary
Activity: 902
Merit: 1001
Free trial of #AltFolio = save time, react faster
May 20, 2015, 11:27:46 AM
May 19, 2015, 09:32:34 PM

Thanks MaWo for the explanation. I see in my firewall log at 7:44AM EST the first allowed inbound on port 7774-TCP w/regular inbound thereafter and now see the node checker confirming my node approx 2 days after setting that up.

So I can talk intelligently with my network admin about this could you provide a quick explanation about what the hallmark node actually does? Would that be a similar function as an active bitcoin node, presumeably to share in distribution of blockchain and whatever else a node does? Thanks again for helping me understand this.

Hallmarked node do the same things of an active bitcoin node. As bitcoin node share bitcoin's blockchain, HZ hallmark node share it's own blockchain. With very low traffic then any bitcoin node. Even for security reson your network admin wants to check source code of node, here you will find it: https://github.com/NeXTHorizon/hz-source

Activity: 44
May 19, 2015, 09:23:57 PM
I've seen alot about running a hallmark node on linux however I'm going on two days now waiting for my Windows-based node to be seen on the network and I'm now wondering if that's supported.

As posted to the Horizon forum I successfully followed the "how-to setup a node.." video on my Windows 7 Pro workstation with Symantec Endpoint firewall and a rule added to allow Port 7774-TCP inbound.
https://horizonplatform.io/topic/running-horizon-hallmark-node/

If Windows is supported is there any way beyond the Horizon Node Checker to know if my node is visible on the network?
https://explorer.horizonplatform.io/?page=nodecheck

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I'm excited about being an active participant however am not versed in linux.

Do you have a public ip? Do you use UPnP? Could you please send me your IP?

I hadn't considered UPnP as a requirement for this to work and I see "UPnP Discovery" and "SSDP" Blocked in the Symantec Firewall with an option to allow both from private IP addresses. I can PM you my public IP however would like to understand the scope of what workstation service(s) will need to be exposed in order for this to work and if deemed too risky I would consider another adoption to running a hallmark node. Perhaps this is why I'm not reading about Windows hallmark nodes?

UPnP is not required.

The requirements for a public hallmarked node are a public accessible IP, an open port 7774, a hz wallet with a configured hallmark and an activated peer server listen on port 7774.The peer server is already enabled with the default settings.

If your PC is behind a router in a private network then you have to add a NAT rule for port 7774 manually or you enable UPnP.

Thanks MaWo for the explanation. I see in my firewall log at 7:44AM EST the first allowed inbound on port 7774-TCP w/regular inbound thereafter and now see the node checker confirming my node approx 2 days after setting that up.

So I can talk intelligently with my network admin about this could you provide a quick explanation about what the hallmark node actually does? Would that be a similar function as an active bitcoin node, presumeably to share in distribution of blockchain and whatever else a node does? Thanks again for helping me understand this.
May 19, 2015, 06:56:57 PM
HZxchange has its own thread now

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/relaunch-hzxchange-1065680

Sorry about the node check api. The sarcastic comment surprisingly was correct, I forgot about it over all the other stuff. Put it back on the to-do-list, thanks for bringing it up again.

We really appreciate HZ devs development works and positive looks towards communities remarks.

Keep the good work running:)

Edit: Typo (s)
May 19, 2015, 04:07:44 PM

Sorry about the node check api. The sarcastic comment surprisingly was correct, I forgot about it over all the other stuff. Put it back on the to-do-list, thanks for bringing it up again.

Fine, thank you
Pages:
Jump to: