Pages:
Author

Topic: .. - page 3. (Read 3961 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
The 4th industrial revolution!
December 19, 2014, 12:50:08 PM
And the news that Australia will charge tax on crypto means the ripple protocol will be illegal in at least 1 country.

That may have already been priced in since people already knew that was happening.

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-not-currency-says-australian-tax-office/

The role of the GST or the Goods and Services Tax will now come into sharp focus. Under this law, the use of bitcoin will apply twice to some Bitcoin transactions, both to the goods and or services being supplied, and to the use of bitcoins as a method of payment. Bitcoin exchanges and markets will have to charge GST on the full value of the bitcoins they supply to residents of Australia, and not just on commissions

Ooops

That's why we send them down there ... not very smart those Ozzies. Quite good at sport tho ... I guess it's all that time spent not reading books

I assume it applies to all crypto, in which case Ripple will be illegal in Australia.

Yes, but Ripple Labs is trying to do something about this.

Please see the thread below.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ripple-i-dont-think-rl-would-be-talking-to-a-government-if-they-were-scammers-880666

Activity: 966
Merit: 526
🐺Dogs for President🐺
December 19, 2014, 12:39:13 PM
And the news that Australia will charge tax on crypto means the ripple protocol will be illegal in at least 1 country.
December 19, 2014, 12:32:39 PM
well, i think from all the xrp the exchanges are using to buy or sell Bitcoins. So if there is a large volume in bitcoin selling then Ripple will get pumped again... this is what i noticed.

Idk, I don't think ripple is scaled enough to think about all the xrp being used to buy and sell bitcoin but you're right people speculate on anything.
December 19, 2014, 12:17:11 PM
Well, looks like ripple is running out of steam again, be prepared to see more shills coming to this forum the coming days.

Where did the steam come from in the first place?  Ripple Labs wants a stable XRP, not one that is volatile like this.  They are fine with it going down and being stable.
Activity: 82
Merit: 1000
December 19, 2014, 12:12:54 PM
Pages:
Jump to: