Pages:
Author

Topic: 0 confirmations after over a month, WTF? - page 3. (Read 3465 times)

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
August 05, 2011, 02:33:24 PM
You can make new transactions with the same coins. i.e., double spend them, but just send them to the same addresses you were going to send them to. It might help to include a bigger fee. If the new transactions are accepted, the old ones will be irrelevant.

How do you make new transactions with the same coins?  Also, I know the recommended transaction fee is 0.01, but is that enough to get a transaction in a new block within, say, a day?
legendary
August 05, 2011, 02:30:26 PM
Is there some kind of debug output I can generate to see what the client did with these transactions?  Were they even announced to the network?  Is there some way to retroactively add transaction fees to past transactions that didn't have them?  If not, maybe there should be, cuz this is fucked up.

You can see the unconfirmed transactions here: http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/

I doubt the 2 month old is there though, but it does not hurt checking. The new one should be there.

I tried searching the page for the address to which I attempted to send the coins this morning and didn't see anything.
Activity: 156
Merit: 102
August 05, 2011, 02:28:54 PM
You can make new transactions with the same coins. i.e., double spend them, but just send them to the same addresses you were going to send them to. It might help to include a bigger fee. If the new transactions are accepted, the old ones will be irrelevant.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
August 05, 2011, 02:25:22 PM
Is there some kind of debug output I can generate to see what the client did with these transactions?  Were they even announced to the network?  Is there some way to retroactively add transaction fees to past transactions that didn't have them?  If not, maybe there should be, cuz this is fucked up.

You can see the unconfirmed transactions here: http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/

I doubt the 2 month old is there though, but it does not hurt checking. The new one should be there.
legendary
August 05, 2011, 02:19:46 PM
legendary
August 05, 2011, 02:15:23 PM
Are you sending with miner fees?  I'm seeing more and more fees are required (beyond what the client is asking for) to get transfers though in any reasonable timeframe.

No, I haven't sent with any fees.  So, what, since I didn't add any fees it's going to take months to get the transactions through?  Without paying the fee might they never get processed?

It most likely will get processed... but yea I could picture it taking a long time....

I've see it take as long as 6 days if you send something without fees....

Over 2 months, though?  That can't be right.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Bitcoin
August 05, 2011, 02:08:37 PM
Are you sending with miner fees?  I'm seeing more and more fees are required (beyond what the client is asking for) to get transfers though in any reasonable timeframe.

No, I haven't sent with any fees.  So, what, since I didn't add any fees it's going to take months to get the transactions through?  Without paying the fee might they never get processed?

It most likely will get processed... but yea I could picture it taking a long time....

I've see it take as long as 6 days if you send something without fees....

legendary
August 05, 2011, 01:50:49 PM

No, I haven't sent with any fees.  So, what, since I didn't add any fees it's going to take months to get the transactions through?  Without paying the fee might they never get processed?
legendary
August 05, 2011, 01:49:56 PM
You mean you havent sold them all already  Huh

Maybe I will if I could get the damn things out of my wallet without them vaporizing.
Activity: 448
Merit: 251
Bitcoin
August 05, 2011, 01:49:39 PM
Are you sending with miner fees?  I'm seeing more and more fees are required (beyond what the client is asking for) to get transfers though in any reasonable timeframe.

legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
August 05, 2011, 01:46:33 PM
You mean you havent sold them all already  Huh
legendary
August 05, 2011, 01:41:39 PM
Near the end of June I sent about 7 coins to a friend.  Days later he told me that the bitcoins never arrived.  Because I was busy I didn't check on things for a few more days, but when I finally opened my wallet again I was surprised to see that the transaction still said "0/unconfirmed" for that transaction, even though I had an updated blockchain.

Again, I got busy and didn't have time to sort it out.  I assumed that my friend had given me a bad address.  As it turns out, he didn't.  The transaction as it appears in my wallet says that 7 BTCs were taken from my balance and turned over to his address which appears correctly in the transaction history of my wallet.  I kept putting off really looking into it.

Today, I attempted to send 5 BTCs to somebody else.  Now the same thing appears to have happened.  The transaction says "0/unconfirmed".  The address is correct.  But, blockexplorer does not show any incoming activity to the address I attempted to send coins to.  The coins, however, have been deducted from my balance.

The two transaction I speak of are the last two transactions I've attempted to make from this wallet.  I'm running OS X Lion, though the first transaction would have been when I was still running OS X Snow Leopard.  I'm currently running v0.3.24.  I have the latest block history.  I run bitcoin from an OS encrypted user account.  Additionally, I encrypt the wallet.dat using truecrypt and I only decrypt it when I need to send coins or check the balance.  Otherwise it's encrypted and backed up in several places.  My computer is malware and virus free.

What the fuck is going on?  Why are coins being deducted from my balance, not arriving at their destination, and not recieving any confirmations?  I'm concerned for the rest of the coins in that wallet.  I don't know what to do because I'm afraid that if I try to send them to a new wallet the same stupid shit will happen.

Pages:
Jump to: