Pages:
Author

Topic: 0.095 sent to me by mistake, sign for it and its yours. - page 2. (Read 1605 times)

legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Hats off to OP, posts like this one are not so common.

Unfortunately, 99% of the time, the normal Bitcoin user will never report incidents such as this one. That is one of the drawbacks with Bitcoin. But I am hopeful that as time passes, the users will get less greedy and more honest.  Grin
Activity: 618
Merit: 500
a clockwork miner
Hats off to OP, posts like this one are not so common.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
No clue for this.... that wallet already empty https://blockchain.info/address/15rBsF8ddixfUJw3FTheLsKcjhxvtrfkip
just wait and see... maybe you could tweet on twitter to many @(exchanger or others)
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
if you really want to give the money back just send it to the adress you have..

otherwise keep it, there isn't much discussion to be made here Cheesy
Activity: 350
Merit: 252
REAL-EYES || REAL-IZE || REAL-LIES||
Oh that was me bro, I sent you the 0.095. message me for my btc address to send it back to cause i totally sent it to you on a different btc address.

Scammder disclaimer: this is not true what i stated above, i will take the btc and run, this disclaimer allows me to do so legally..i hope, thanks.
Lol nice try though :p ..! it will be hard to find a person with so many bitcoin address around ..! and not many look into this forum if they lost it..! lets see if someone really finds it and grabs it.!
Activity: 518
Merit: 501
Oh that was me bro, I sent you the 0.095. message me for my btc address to send it back to cause i totally sent it to you on a different btc address.

Scammder disclaimer: this is not true what i stated above, i will take the btc and run, this disclaimer allows me to do so legally..i hope, thanks.

Interesting disclaimer!

Maybe if this is seen enough the rightful owner will see it and send a message. If it was from a server then IDK if anyone can even prove that it's theirs.
Activity: 378
honest man in this wild forum  Tongue
if no one claim it, send this BTC to charity event  Grin
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
don't think anyone's going to respond, just take the money and be happy about it Smiley
Activity: 364
you can contact the sender by sending a small amount to them and with a note to them, im seen ways of doing that.
Activity: 266
Have u used the address before? Maybe someone else is using the wallet.
 U might not be able to contact the sender
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Very few honest users on the forum , +1
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
It might have come from some long forgotten BTC investments, such as shares or bonds. No one sends Bitcoins by mistake. So first make sure whether those coins are yours or not.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
If there's a fee attached I would guess it's from an exchange...
Did you have an old sell order that you forgot about or something?
Or maybe an old withdrawal that got stuck, and recently fixed/confirmed?

I commend your honesty though, if .1 BTC showed up from nowhere I'd probably just assume it was something I forgot about, and keep it.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Received 0.095 BTC in a wallet I own that I have no idea where it came from or why.

I have a feeling it was by accident or something.

If you sent 0.095 by accident and your address is:

15rBsF8ddixfUJw3FTheLsKcjhxvtrfkip

then sign me a message confirming you own the address and I'll send it back to you.

just send it back to 15rBsF8ddixfUJw3FTheLsKcjhxvtrfkip.. simples! you already know where it came from
See to be honest, it could be a bunch of things, could be a payout from somewhere I forgot about or whatever. If the person wants to claim it I will send it back but honestly it looks like an automated account (like API runs it for a site or something) so personally it might not have been a mistake, just cannot think of where it came from.

I didn't give that address to really any people, only 1 or 2 which I messaged them about it earlier today.

Whats weird too is that there is a 0.0005 fee attached.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1722
just send it back to 15rBsF8ddixfUJw3FTheLsKcjhxvtrfkip.. simples! you already know where it came from

Not if it belongs to an exchange or some shared wallet.
Activity: 82
Merit: 10
Received 0.095 BTC in a wallet I own that I have no idea where it came from or why.

then sign me a message confirming you own the address and I'll send it back to you.

If that address is on an exchange, couldn't it possibly be lost if that account doesn't receive BTC for the user?
Activity: 294

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Free & Fast Neotox Escrow http://bit.ly/1OGVykp
Wow
+1 for honesty

it hard to find honest people now days
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Pages:
Jump to: