Pages:
Author

Topic: 0.3 almost ready -- please test the Mac version! - page 3. (Read 24958 times)

Activity: 429
Merit: 919
Should we try for some publicity? Slashdot is good if we can get it.

I've had a number of submissions accepted, though always by one editor that no longer works there. Anyone else with a Slashdot connection?

We should try to get publicity, and focus the campaign on the time right after the release to get the maximum impact: simultaneously advertising on forums, irc, Youtube, Facebook, Google Ads and other places. Slashdot with its millions of tech-savvy readers would be awesome, perhaps the best imaginable! I just hope the server can stand getting "slashdotted" Tongue Maybe it should be upscaled beforehand just in case.
Activity: 184
Merit: 103
Should we try for some publicity? Slashdot is good if we can get it.

I've had a number of submissions accepted, though always by one editor that no longer works there. Anyone else with a Slashdot connection?
Activity: 132
Merit: 101
Whoohoo! Can't wait!

Note, is there somewhere I can get a devel build?
Maybe we can setup nightly builds or something...
Activity: 210
Merit: 104
Very nice! There have definitely been some major improvements, including the hashmeter, RPC support, and a command-line daemon. It would be nice if the listtransactions RPC method were finished before the next release, though. Also, some code should be added to the JSON-RPC methods to list out dHashesPerSec.

Great work Satoshi!
staff
Activity: 4214
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
I'm just here Cheesy

Windows 7 x64
4 GB RAM
Intel i7 860
founder
Activity: 364
Merit: 6472
I finished everything on my list to do for version 0.3.  The code on SVN is about ready to release.

Testing at this point is much appreciated.
Pages:
Jump to: