Pages:
Author

Topic: 0.6 release candidate 2 binaries available (Read 4137 times)

Activity: 176
Merit: 100
March 11, 2012, 08:44:33 PM
So far, I have no problems with rc2.  I have sent and received TXs and it seems to be functioning properly.
Activity: 769
Merit: 500
If I would like to participate in the german translation do I need to edit only this one?
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/qt/locale/bitcoin_de.ts

Guess the ones with the are the lines that need help?

Dia

No need to answer, I figured it out and now have an account on Transifex and updated some parts of the german translation Smiley.

Edit: This one is really hard and even not that well written in it's english form. Perhaps someone can explain to me, what is really meant?
You can sign messages with your addresses to prove you own them. Be careful to only sign statement you agree to with full details, as phishing attacks may try to trick you into signing access to them.

Dia
If I would like to participate in the german translation do I need to edit only this one?
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/src/qt/locale/bitcoin_de.ts

Guess the ones with the are the lines that need help?

Dia
legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
I only want to point out a small glitch I found, see here:

I'm not sure if that has to do with german translation or if the additional chars are intended?

Dia

Same here on win7 x64 English language.
Are the rc1 OSX CPU bug(s) fixed in this release?
Yes, fixed in rc2.
Cool, thanks.  Downloading now...
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
Yes, fixed in rc2.
Those bugs were the only thing that forced me to downgrade when I tried rc1.
donator
Activity: 362
Merit: 250
Submitted issue #920.  It looks like dumpprivkey may not be working correctly with the new compressed format keys, unless I missed something obvious.

edit - privkey format extended for compressed keys: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=28648286
I only want to point out a small glitch I found, see here:

I'm not sure if that has to do with german translation or if the additional chars are intended?

Dia
legendary
Updated from 0.6rc1 to rc2 (win7 x64), starts fast (10 sec) compared to like a minute or so with rc1, but after i get the gui the gui just freezes, seems the core is still running though since p2pool can connect to it.
Tried to remove wallet and blockchain, no change, still becomes unresponsive after start.

Please read through this thread and ask again if it doesn't work Wink.

Dia

Ah yes thanks, i missed the part about the folder in ProgramData Smiley removed it and all working now.
Updated from 0.6rc1 to rc2 (win7 x64), starts fast (10 sec) compared to like a minute or so with rc1, but after i get the gui the gui just freezes, seems the core is still running though since p2pool can connect to it.
Tried to remove wallet and blockchain, no change, still becomes unresponsive after start.

Please read through this thread and ask again if it doesn't work Wink.

Dia
legendary
Activity: 313
Please use the latest code.  The difficulty calculation method for Testnet has changed as of February 15th.

Ok I can try again with the git-version. I am obv. using 0.6rc2 right now.

Then I'm suspecting that you're connecting to nodes that are using the old rules. (Which I'm guessing is a lot of testnet nodes.)

I have the following two lines in my test bitcoin.conf:
connect=69.164.218.197
connect=173.208.219.162
Which I believe are the Faucet and BlockExplorer. I think they're on the new rules.

Yeah, I guess you are right. Because the same problem happens with bitcoin from git.
The 173.208.219.162 has got me now to block 47815, same as the testnet blockexplorer.  Smiley

pc
Activity: 253
Please use the latest code.  The difficulty calculation method for Testnet has changed as of February 15th.

Then I'm suspecting that you're connecting to nodes that are using the old rules. (Which I'm guessing is a lot of testnet nodes.)

I have the following two lines in my test bitcoin.conf:
connect=69.164.218.197
connect=173.208.219.162
Which I believe are the Faucet and BlockExplorer. I think they're on the new rules.

I just tested 0.6rc2 on the real bitcoinnet and it catched up the blockchain just fine.
(Only thing is the little icon is still spinning around, but I have the same blockcount as blockexplorer now hmm.)
Activity: 225
Merit: 101
Hello,

I am running a self compiled bitcoin-qt (testnet) on slackware64-current with encrypted wallet right now.
Somehow I can't get the complete testnet blockchain. I am stuck at 98% progressbar and
debug log is full of entries like this:

Code:
ERROR: AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008
If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat
In b4 another religion war like bip 16 17 18 19 or whatelse

Cheesy
Hello,

I am running a self compiled bitcoin-qt (testnet) on slackware64-current with encrypted wallet right now.
Somehow I can't get the complete testnet blockchain. I am stuck at 98% progressbar and
debug log is full of entries like this:

Code:
sending getdata: block 0000000021cbb05f0c8d
sending getdata: block 000000000a120fcd48af
sending getdata: block 00000000232c07b16fca
received block 000000001c369f4beabf
ERROR: AcceptBlock() : incorrect proof of work
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : AcceptBlock FAILED
disconnecting node 89.101.202.214:18828
Disconnected 89.101.202.214:18828 for misbehavior (score=100)
connetion from 89.101.202.214:18924 dropped (banned)
connetion from 70.183.24.226:2783 dropped (banned)

Have deleted everything and tried again, and stuck again at 98% hmm.
The little spinning icon says I am at block 46722 from 47399.

BTW if you notice it says "connetion" from blabla dropped, so there is a tiny typo in src/src/net.cpp line 816.

In the about dialog I have some weird characters at the end of the text stuff (i use the de translation).
Code:
{2009-2012 ?} {11 ?}

Made a wallet backup with the new option, it does by default name my backup Documents.dat.
Maybe it was looking for a Documents dir, which I don't have Smiley

Same GUI-freeze problem with RC2 as I had with RC1, so I started an in depth investigation and used Sysinternals Procmon.exe for this. I wanted to know which files or registry keys the client processes and one folder came to my attention.

C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess\Select LastBootUpTime from Win32_OperatingSystem

This one contained 2 files, 1 which consisted of 32 "random" characters and looks like a hash and a BitcoinURL file of size 0. The files were still there after "killing" the client!

I'm working in IT, so call it luck or experience ... I deleted the whole C:\ProgramData\boost_interprocess folder, restarted the client, removed the database logs from the datadir and now everything works again Smiley! After I shutdown 0.6 RC2 these files disappear, so perhaps the former bluescreen with 0.6 RC1 made these files persistent, which freezes GUI after a Client re-start, because these 2 files can not be written to. I'm not sure, if 0.5.2 had this files, too ... so perhaps that's why 0.5.2 always worked!

Perhaps others should try this and perhaps this one is solved. But can any developer shed some light in here, what these folder or files have to do with the BC client?

Dia
Activity: 591
Recovery isn't hard; just delete the .bitcoin/database/log.000* file(s) and any .bitcoin/__db*.log files.  Were you previously running a self-compiled version of Bitcoin?

From http://subversion.apache.org/faq.html#divining-bdb-version  :
Code:
cd ~/.bitcoin/database
od -j12 -N8 -tx4 log.000*

... will show what version of BDB the log files were written with.
I was having the same problem and that fixed it; thanks. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: