Pages:
Author

Topic: 1 BCH = 1 BTC before end of august? - page 5. (Read 4404 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 100
August 19, 2017, 08:38:06 AM
Buy the dip  Grin
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
August 19, 2017, 08:33:57 AM
I keep seeing websites stating that it's over with BTC mining, now it's more profitable to mine BCH over BTC and all that FUD. Is no one taking into account the fees miners get from transactions? Bitcoin averages 12k transactions per hour white BCH barely reaches an average of 800 transactions / hour. The revenue from transactions fee is huge for BTC atm.

Also, if a large pool, or more, were to switch over to mine the BCH blockchain, the difficulty would adjust in such a way that it would make it very unprofitable to mine it over BTC blockchain.

Why do people keep claiming that is more profitable to mine BCH?

This is, for me, why it's such an obviously cynical pump by the people behind BCC/BCH. At current transaction rates and volumes, BCC mining only makes good money on new blocks. Guess who controls > 90% of BCC mining? The originators of the fork.

Pumping the price short term is easy but getting BCC tx volumes up to BTC levels requires massive adoption by everyone in the space (exchanges, end users, miners etc etc). Can't see that level of co-ordination happening and long before it did, difficulty would have shot up (so miners who switched after this huge pump don't gain anything more than what they would have had sticking with BTC).
Activity: 45
August 19, 2017, 08:29:30 AM
Well, if there is war between bitcoins, could ETH possibly gain from it?
Activity: 284
August 19, 2017, 08:29:10 AM
interesting. i thought it was never gonna go back up so much anymore.
also, why do ppl still call it bch while it is clearly listed as bcc everywhere.
Activity: 203
This is bat country!
August 19, 2017, 08:21:37 AM
I keep seeing websites stating that it's over with BTC mining, now it's more profitable to mine BCH over BTC and all that FUD. Is no one taking into account the fees miners get from transactions? Bitcoin averages 12k transactions per hour white BCH barely reaches an average of 800 transactions / hour. The revenue from transactions fee is huge for BTC atm.

Also, if a large pool, or more, were to switch over to mine the BCH blockchain, the difficulty would adjust in such a way that it would make it very unprofitable to mine it over BTC blockchain.

Why do people keep claiming that is more profitable to mine BCH?
Activity: 1190
Merit: 504
August 19, 2017, 08:16:09 AM
Thoughts?

Who knows if this coin can survive for a year or two?
And thoughts about 1 bch = 1 btc? I'll rather go back to sleep and start dreaming.
Activity: 630
"Venture into Sports"
August 19, 2017, 08:10:23 AM
It's now significantly more profitable to mine bch. It's now a real possibility

https://cash.coin.dance/blocks

I have heard it too. That's what I was expecting in fact. After I see 0,2 BTC sold a little bit. Keeping the rest of it for 0,5 BTC. I see no reason it would not reach 1 BTC as miners favor mining BCH.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 19, 2017, 08:02:09 AM
It still needs more adoption. People still need to use either BTC or ETH to exchange for other alt coins on some exchanges. No easy buy of BCC through Coinbase. No good wallet yet. The price is probably too high for what it should be worth at this point in time.
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
August 19, 2017, 07:57:15 AM
Thoughts?
I am also short of word after dumping my bitcoin Cash at $303 to see it being pump from that point to $757 this morning. The coins is actually doing well and I think with time we would begin to see that it will be compete with the real bitcoin. Currently people are about to dump their coins for bitcoin Cash. Since popular exchangers like poloniex and bittrex started to accept it it has been doing well.
Activity: 308
August 19, 2017, 07:37:38 AM
If miners leave for BCH, difficulty will increase which in turn will reduce difficulty for BTC (pulling miners back again). I don't think the majority of miners will flip/flop like that.

it is not just the difficulty. right now mining bitcoin is ridiculously profitable. they are earning about 13-14.5 bitcoin per block and that is worth $54,000-$60,000 per block. and price will stay up and the swings will be 10-15% at worst case scenario.

meanwhile in bitcoin cash they earn 12.5-12.8 BCC and that is $9,000-$10,000 and that is while the swings are crazy as big as 60-70% loss in one day.

a miner getting the reward for bitcoin can be sure he will get the $60K when the 100 block period passes. but the miner mining BCC can not be sure he gets $10K when the 100 block passes. by that time price may be back at $200 again.

Thats why theyr pumping BCH. To minimize those differences and make it attractive for miners to swap
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
August 19, 2017, 07:28:15 AM
If miners leave for BCH, difficulty will increase which in turn will reduce difficulty for BTC (pulling miners back again). I don't think the majority of miners will flip/flop like that.

it is not just the difficulty. right now mining bitcoin is ridiculously profitable. they are earning about 13-14.5 bitcoin per block and that is worth $54,000-$60,000 per block. and price will stay up and the swings will be 10-15% at worst case scenario.

meanwhile in bitcoin cash they earn 12.5-12.8 BCC and that is $9,000-$10,000 and that is while the swings are crazy as big as 60-70% loss in one day.

a miner getting the reward for bitcoin can be sure he will get the $60K when the 100 block period passes. but the miner mining BCC can not be sure he gets $10K when the 100 block passes. by that time price may be back at $200 again.
August 19, 2017, 07:19:54 AM
Activity: 521
Merit: 256
August 19, 2017, 07:18:20 AM
BCH's rise is some clever whale manipulation mixed with luck but long term it's going no where as a coin.

I think this pump has been triggered by a happy coincidence and some cynical players: the first 8MB block was mined this week and mining difficulty is also about to halve.

Pump scheme (also remembering that BCH creators control most of the mining activity on the network):
1). Announce an 8MB block has been mined for the first time ("validating" their tech works - which is stupid anyway, of course it was going to work)
2). Pump the price just in time for the weekend (which is usually a bearish period and when newbie speculators are most jittery)
3). Remind everyone that mining difficulty is about to halve just as the price per coin is shooting up
4). Watch as people panic buy BCH to get in on the pump over the weekend
5). Dump whatever BCH they haven't already sold on the way up sometime next week or the week after and enjoy the last massive profit before BCH craters in to a dead coin

Exactly. We've seen such pump&dump schemes many times before with other altcoins. Poor newbie "investors" who buy in during this artificial hype. This spike is pure speculation and speculating on BCH price is no better than speculating with any other altcoin. Maybe except that some other altcoin have real development news and provide some improvement over bitcoin. When SegWit will be running, BCH will only provide some de-provement Tongue
Activity: 73
Merit: 10
August 19, 2017, 07:16:05 AM
If miners leave to BCH, then BTC will die. This is one of the difficult times for BTC.
Activity: 521
Merit: 256
August 19, 2017, 07:13:36 AM

Yes it is, but only short-term. A difficulty/price balance will stabilize somewhere so that BTC and BCH mining profitability is somewhere close to parity. The current BCH price is just artificially pumped and is not sustainable in long term... it is still just an altcoin which is not accepted almost anywhere and thus is quite useless. It's only good for speculation purposes Smiley
August 19, 2017, 06:42:06 AM
BCH's rise is some clever whale manipulation mixed with luck but long term it's going no where as a coin.

I think this pump has been triggered by a happy coincidence and some cynical players: the first 8MB block was mined this week and mining difficulty is also about to halve.

Pump scheme (also remembering that BCH creators control most of the mining activity on the network):
1). Announce an 8MB block has been mined for the first time ("validating" their tech works - which is stupid anyway, of course it was going to work)
2). Pump the price just in time for the weekend (which is usually a bearish period and when newbie speculators are most jittery)
3). Remind everyone that mining difficulty is about to halve just as the price per coin is shooting up
4). Watch as people panic buy BCH to get in on the pump over the weekend
5). Dump whatever BCH they haven't already sold on the way up sometime next week or the week after and enjoy the last massive profit before BCH craters in to a dead coin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115
Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!
August 19, 2017, 04:53:30 AM
Thoughts?
I would slap you with a cactus if I could.You are not a normal human being with average brains,you are special kind of a retard.Your logic is not only the next level but it is what happens when Newton has sex with Jerry.I literally ran out of words to define you also,

Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
August 19, 2017, 04:49:46 AM

This is correct. But it is not the only coin more profitable to mine,,, cost for cost and specs for specs. And for as long as you can only sell BCH for BTC you will do nothing but improve the value of BTC and decrease the value of BCH. And tell me now who is mining only for profit? This is the majority. BCH will not die but it cannot be the strongest.
Activity: 644
Merit: 379
August 19, 2017, 04:40:22 AM
BCH is a shitcoin in my opinion.
But it will have a huge pump for sure.
But that doesn't mean it will be like BTC.
Btc is going to mainstream quickly.
Activity: 475
Merit: 500
August 19, 2017, 03:58:03 AM
Oh the shitcoin shilling is getting strong here and mostly everyhwhere since yesterday. So many sockpuppets and shilling accounts. Cheesy
Obviously an orchestrated pump. Let's see how long it's gonna last.
However I'm thankful for any idiot buying Bcash at this price so I can unload more for some nice profits and getting more BTC.
I am confused with the person who bought Bitcoincash because until whenever the coin will not be able to match the price of his mother's coin.
Pages:
Jump to: