Pages:
Author

Topic: 1 BTC = 1 BTC - Off topic from Chipmixer campaign topic - page 3. (Read 731 times)

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
I'm not sure what that means. 1 BTC will be equal to 1 BTC. How could it be otherwise?

Well, it you dont read you will never know.
I am always impressed with the ability spammers have to ignore texts and write without reading
Activity: 616
Merit: 253
I'm not sure what that means. 1 BTC will be equal to 1 BTC. How could it be otherwise?
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
I will not be polluting with off topic messages the CM campaign. I will try to move this discussion to this topic. Let's see if it works

Edit: I don't want to talk about CM here. This is why i created a new tpoppic. This is topic is for 1BTC= 1 BTC  discussion .  Post your CM related replies in its topic.

1 BTC = 1 BTC is a true statement.

I am always surprised when I hear people say this. I don't really think they believe it themselves, or they might think that way when it benefits them. If you think 1 BTC = 1 BTC, and it will always be 1 BTC, then the same logic should be used in situations that don't benefit you.

But in the purely bitcoin context, 1 BTC = 1 BTC.

I think the main problem with this discussion is that the statement is not only 1 BTC = 1 BTC

Because in the context where it was discussed, it is like
1 BTC in 2018 = 1 BTC in 2021

This is false. Time is a variable which you cannot ignore.

Let's compare with some other assets, that we do not like so much, like Apple Stocks.

Is 1 apple stock 2006 = 1 apple stock in 2021?

The dividends were much lower in 2006. The perspective of the company was completelty different: Smartphones didn't even existed!!

You can also try to think this is a different context:
Is 1 glass of water in London = 1 Glass of water in Saara desert?

If 1 BTC in 2013 = 1 BTC in 2021, you are completely ignoring demand and supply laws, all the development of the bitcoin network since 2013 and so on.

Back in 2012, when any teenager could just turn on his computer and go to school and come back with 10 BTC after a days. Are those 10 BTC back in 2012 = 10 BTC today??
This is completetly false. In 2012 those bitcoins were almost worthless. Now to get 10 btc you need to work all your life and put your life savings in it (for most people).
Pages:
Jump to: