Pages:
Author

Topic: 1 btc to whoever predicts the high/low for the next 4 hrs starting from 2:53 (Read 2959 times)

Activity: 714
Merit: 504
^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
lol nice. I see the coin in my wallet now.
donator
Activity: 392
Merit: 252
I don't foresee any problems, I've interacted with ineededausername before Smiley

His formula is basically:

(your error in high + your error in low) / ((time left)^2)

He didn't specify in what units the time left is, but that doesn't matter for the ordering anyway.

So yeah, for me that's roughly:

(0 + 0) / (25^2) = (0 + 0) / (625) = 0

Funds are on their way (bitcoin transaction: ddf8e17d3f99b15382533b2efbd961e3ce633da0221fa8959937e72f97c2c064)

Here's my chart. No dollar or time values needed. I call it the double fuck.

Funds are on their way (bitcoin transaction: 43634e374ee547e5e273a760c2a67dedd050b7059e17ded966d0658b5c5b6053)
Inau has a history of organizing contests just for fun. I have no doubt that he will pay. He just wasn't around yesterday. I'm not in a hurry.
Activity: 154
Merit: 101
Bitcoin!
Meh, he made offer, but didn't say when he will pay.  Cut him some slack and give him a couple days.
donator
So no one confirming they have been paid the 1 BTC for the prediction or a statement of winner from the charts. Was this a bull offer or what is going on here? Or maybe he is chewing over whether or not to pay the prize to the one who guessed 10 mins before the end of the window. Some sort of a statement from someone would help to close this matter. Not sure why someone would offer this in the first place anyways.

INAU hasn't been around all day. I don't know what's up. Two people agree on who the winner is, and I'll pay the prize. Also, votes on the best chart decides the winner.
So no one confirming they have been paid the 1 BTC for the prediction or a statement of winner from the charts. Was this a bull offer or what is going on here? Or maybe he is chewing over whether or not to pay the prize to the one who guessed 10 mins before the end of the window. Some sort of a statement from someone would help to close this matter. Not sure why someone would offer this in the first place anyways.
So INAUN whos the winner?
Activity: 154
Merit: 101
Bitcoin!
So that means I won, right?  j/k :p
I don't foresee any problems, I've interacted with ineededausername before Smiley

His formula is basically:

(your error in high + your error in low) / ((time left)^2)

He didn't specify in what units the time left is, but that doesn't matter for the ordering anyway.

So yeah, for me that's roughly:

(0 + 0) / (25^2) = (0 + 0) / (625) = 0
donator
Hmmm, as it stands, I believe I win. I predicted the exact high and low, 25 minutes before the end. Because it's 25 minutes, my error is divided by a small number, which would normally make it rather large (lower score = better), but zero divided by a small number is zero.
If this is run again, I suggest people are only allowed to vote up to 2 hours in  Cheesy

As for who made the best graph, I'll leave that up to ineededausername.

0253 SMF time (GMT) that is.
Your prediction is scored according to
(abs(actual high - your predicted high) + abs(actual low - your predicted low)) / (time left)^2
edit: Ties broken by (actual high-your predicted high)^2 + (same thing for low)^2
yes, I pulled these formulae out of my ass. Deal with it.

update: Also, 1 BTC bonus for best chart!

I.. I can't figure out his wacky formula. I'll make sure he pays out in the AM.

-Jonathan
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
Hmmm, as it stands, I believe I win. I predicted the exact high and low, 25 minutes before the end. Because it's 25 minutes, my error is divided by a small number, which would normally make it rather large (lower score = better), but zero divided by a small number is zero.
If this is run again, I suggest people are only allowed to vote up to 2 hours in  Cheesy

y did no one see this coming... Roll Eyes

0253 SMF time (GMT) that is.
Your prediction is scored according to
(abs(actual high - your predicted high) + abs(actual low - your predicted low)) / (time left)^2
edit: Ties broken by (actual high-your predicted high)^2 + (same thing for low)^2
yes, I pulled these formulae out of my ass. Deal with it.

update: Also, 1 BTC bonus for best chart!
It's not over yet. 10 minutes to go.

* BTCurious moves his bidwalls.

Guaranteed win.
donator
Who's the winner? I'll pay the prize and INAU can get me back. I think he's asleep.

-Jonathan
Prediction:

2.19100000 - 2.23650000

I think if there are still ties after your mentioned tie-breaker, the prediction submitted earlier should just win.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
No cutoff, but people submitting close to the end get a disadvantage.

What disadvantage would that be? Seems to me it is a pretty big advantage since you could tell what the previous highs and lows were.

the formula he pulled out of his ass put them at a disadvantage

What disadvantage would that be? Seems to me it is a pretty big advantage since you could tell what the previous highs and lows were.
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
bitcoin hundred-aire
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009
Legen -wait for it- dary
What about a cut off time for submitting? Otherwise you get someone submitting at 6:51, which seems a bit unfair to me!
Pages:
Jump to: