Pages:
Author

Topic: 1 millon for a Bitcoin is this fiction or reality? - page 4. (Read 3008 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 103
I think there would be a possibility for bitcoin to be valued at 1 million usd, however at that time, the buying power of the petrodollar might be so low, that bitcoin is already replacing all fiat to become world currency. I think there world then, already had experience a financial crisis, if we look at what's happening rigth now to zimbabwe, bitcoin is cosidered millions in their fiat, simply because their fiat had lost its buying power, i think that will be the scenario, if bitcoin is valued to 1 million usd, right now it might sound ridiculous, but if you check on other other countries aside from the us, you will say it is plausible, and soon it might be a reality.
Activity: 2226
Merit: 347
People says 1 BTC will be cost 1 Million do you believe in that?
Frankly speaking this thing would really be a fiction.Im a believer on bitcoin but setting up  exagerrated assumptions for this kind of price range isnt right anymore.Thinking off if 1 btc is a million dollar cost,what would be the total of its marketcap?For sure it would surpass all of the local fiat currencies all over the world and i would like to ask,is the government wont do such act? For sure they would.
Activity: 531
Merit: 250
$1M/BTC is possible, but HIGHLY unlikely. I'd be happy with 10%ROI year-over-year to be honest...
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001
The Decentralized TCP/IP Internet Protocol

Hmm.. although it may seem a little bit too surreal or exaggerated at first thought, it really can be something achievable. The reason why I believe this can happen is because if you think about the history of bitcoin from the very beginning till now(which was from nothing to something big), it really has gotten far. And with every adversity it only got better. So I think a million wouldn’t be something that is impossible to achieve when it comes to bitcoin. Although we might not be able to reach that with our age, but i think it will probably happen some time in the future. Either that, or it becomes just a memory from the past in the future and soon forgotten.
Yes this is possible because upcoming era is the era of bitcoin and its price maybe will cross above million so believe In it and if this happen so investor who invested in good times will be in good situation but new comer will not invest because million is so high price so maybe if it will be declared as global currency then it price may beyond the limits.

Very optimistic for you forecasts. I want to believe in it, but I can not help it. It seems to me that the price of bitcoin can not be higher than 25 - 30 thousand dollars. At the same time, the capitalization of the currency should be very high
Total market cap ~ thousand billion dollar normal with a currency can become famous in future. If Bitcoin can use anywhere and get accept from the government, that the future can happen.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Price of Bitcoin is increasing at a very fast rate  but i dont think it is possible that 1 BTC will cost $1million .No doubt its demand is increasing and people are taking interest in it but for 1BTC to reach $1million it has to be declared as the world's currency and the only currency for financial transactions .$1million is a dream figure for all the Bitcoin holders and if 1BTC will reach $1million then it will be like a dream come true for all them as they will get very huge profits.
Activity: 448

Hmm.. although it may seem a little bit too surreal or exaggerated at first thought, it really can be something achievable. The reason why I believe this can happen is because if you think about the history of bitcoin from the very beginning till now(which was from nothing to something big), it really has gotten far. And with every adversity it only got better. So I think a million wouldn’t be something that is impossible to achieve when it comes to bitcoin. Although we might not be able to reach that with our age, but i think it will probably happen some time in the future. Either that, or it becomes just a memory from the past in the future and soon forgotten.
Yes this is possible because upcoming era is the era of bitcoin and its price maybe will cross above million so believe In it and if this happen so investor who invested in good times will be in good situation but new comer will not invest because million is so high price so maybe if it will be declared as global currency then it price may beyond the limits.

Very optimistic for you forecasts. I want to believe in it, but I can not help it. It seems to me that the price of bitcoin can not be higher than 25 - 30 thousand dollars. At the same time, the capitalization of the currency should be very high
Activity: 504
Merit: 106

Activity: 476
That's too impossible for me to think it for now but again I can't be so sure. There's only two things that btc can go which is continue to go up or go down. I'm sure that fluctuations on its price will still happen every year so no.
Activity: 812
Merit: 509

It is definitely possible.

The fact is that hyperinflation is especially dangerous and could happen to any country at any time. If it happens to the US, and people start dumping their fiat to get their hands in some bitcoin then $1 million would be no big deal here.

But then, $1 million would be worth significantly less than it currently it is worth.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 838
For a bitcoin to become $1million worth, do you know how much money has to flood into the market? There's not enough money in the world for that to happen. Unless the gov't around world pumps out paper money at incredible amount, and you all know what happens, right

Tldr; It's a pure fiction that a bitcoin will cost $1million. Not gonna happen. Never. Nada.
That is not true actually... Only if you count derivatives, you get 630 trillions, which divided by 23 Mln would mean 27mln per bitcoins.
In any case, the value of the money in the world is 63 tn, which, if it was all going to BC, would make it worth 3.6 Mln. So, if BC manages to get just a 25% of money market could be worth 1Mn.

If on the other hand we can steal all the gold market, it would make each BC valued at 350k.

So... 1Mn is possible, alas quite hard

Source:http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

$630 Trillions of derivatives are not WORTH $630 Trillions. Th that's just a number on a paper. I can issue you a note with $630 Trillion written on it, but is it really worth $630 Trillions? Nobody in his right mind would think it is.

For a bitcoin to be worth $1 million, the total market cap has to be $210,000,000,000,000. Now you tell me where are all these money going to come from?

You have 1 too many zeroes there. It's 21,000,000,000,000. The market cap of gold is over a third of that. But you can't readily send gold around the internet to buy things or to send money to people. Bitcoin is like gold in that it has pros as gold (store of value, hedge against bad economic times and inflation) but can be used to buy things or send money to people quickly and cheaply, which makes bitcoin much much more useful than gold as a commodity. So bitcoin one day having a market cap triple that of gold is certainly possible.

Indeed.... I stand corrected (but also talks cheap Wink)
I see gold losing ground if bitcoin becomes more 'regulated', though not sure to which degree. I really think nobody wants to deal with gold if they can, it is seriously a pain.
All in all, if BC takes a good chunk of gold and a good chunk of currencies space, and a good chunk of stocks trading (really that is the way it is moving, alas less in the currency space) 1Mn is not impossible (but unlikely in my lifespan I think)

Yeah definitely the main thing pushing bitcoin adoption right now is that it is used like a stock - an appreciating asset to invest in. And that's perfectly fine, quite frankly it wouldn't be getting adopted otherwise. And yeah likely it will siphon off part of gold's market cap, as well as when new (young) investors are looking for a hedge against bad times rather than choosing gold like people used to they will mostly choose bitcoin, making bitcoin the gold for the current generation. Currency is the last thing that is going to come because it requires a somewhat stable value, and that can only happen when the world has embraced bitcoin on a mass market scale. Until then its just gonna be too volatile.

Anyways, these three things means I think bitcoin definitely can reach a million dollars, though of course it isn't assured. I think it wouldn't take too long, maybe 20 years. I expect it to hit $100k in 5 years, maybe $500k in 2030...1 million could happen in the late 30s, if bitcoin is the dominant crypto still and nothing has come along to replace cryptos.
Activity: 154
Merit: 101
For a bitcoin to become $1million worth, do you know how much money has to flood into the market? There's not enough money in the world for that to happen. Unless the gov't around world pumps out paper money at incredible amount, and you all know what happens, right

Tldr; It's a pure fiction that a bitcoin will cost $1million. Not gonna happen. Never. Nada.
That is not true actually... Only if you count derivatives, you get 630 trillions, which divided by 23 Mln would mean 27mln per bitcoins.
In any case, the value of the money in the world is 63 tn, which, if it was all going to BC, would make it worth 3.6 Mln. So, if BC manages to get just a 25% of money market could be worth 1Mn.

If on the other hand we can steal all the gold market, it would make each BC valued at 350k.

Source:http://money.visualcapitalist.com/all-of-the-worlds-money-and-markets-in-one-visualization/

$630 Trillions of derivatives are not WORTH $630 Trillions. Th that's just a number on a paper. I can issue you a note with $630 Trillion written on it, but is it really worth $630 Trillions? Nobody in his right mind would think it is.

For a bitcoin to be worth $1 million, the total market cap has to be $210,000,000,000,000. Now you tell me where are all these money going to come from?

You have 1 too many zeroes there. It's 21,000,000,000,000. The market cap of gold is over a third of that. But you can't readily send gold around the internet to buy things or to send money to people. Bitcoin is like gold in that it has pros as gold (store of value, hedge against bad economic times and inflation) but can be used to buy things or send money to people quickly and cheaply, which makes bitcoin much much more useful than gold as a commodity. So bitcoin one day having a market cap triple that of gold is certainly possible.

Indeed.... I stand corrected (but also talks cheap Wink)
I see gold losing ground if bitcoin becomes more 'regulated', though not sure to which degree. I really think nobody wants to deal with gold if they can, it is seriously a pain.
All in all, if BC takes a good chunk of gold and a good chunk of currencies space, and a good chunk of stocks trading (really that is the way it is moving, alas less in the currency space) 1Mn is not impossible (but unlikely in my lifespan I think)
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028
Although it's too good to be true but if bitcoin show a promosing progress so it's possible to happen , it's just a matter of time
Bitcoin is unexpected investation that ever been made so I keep hold my most of bits for maximize my profit
Activity: 1624
Merit: 267
I dont think bitcoin price will reach 1million us dollars because that price is very big.  and I dont think the price will become 7 digit maybe 6 digit only is the hoghest price. As of now the price of bitcoin is 4300 dollars and if you compared the price of bitcoin in 1 milllion dollars is very big difference. But I hope the price will become more than 10k dollars so we can make a lot of money.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
Maybe it is just an imagination. We don't still know what will happen in the future. But if that’s happen, well that's good for us bit coiners who earn to have a bright future. I am not hoping for 1 bitcoin will become 1 million, I am still contented on what bitcoin have right now.
Activity: 2198
Merit: 838

Activity: 966
Merit: 507
The logical thing would be to think that a million dollars for a bitcoin is crazy, at least for now. But seven years ago, thinking about a bitcoin at $5,000 was practically impossible, because otherwise every bitcoin enthusiastic would have decided to hold their coins, which did not happen and that is why we see so many regrets today.

It is true that under the present circumstances it seems almost inconceivable that the price of bitcoin reaches such high prices, and I actually doubt it, but after the great surprises bitcoin has given us over the years, I believe that the btc deserves the benefit of the doubt. In the meantime, it is best to continue to work hard to increase our bitcoins and hold.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001
That is insane, and it will never happen.. lets go people.. why are you so optimist about bitcoin ? you should better fall from the sky and understand the reality, bitcoin is never going to touch one million dollars, that is insane, i have never read to something like this before.. It is below $5000 right now, and you expect it to go to $1.000.000? seriously? imagine how much will be the marketcap if it goes to that price, uncalculeable.
Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
The 1 million Bitcoin is too much in my opinion. I do not even think that Bitcoin will reach $500k.  Price increase have resistance like number of competitors that will share the market, the FUD that will stay to pull the price down, owners belief and the sell outs and whale manipulation.  I also do not think that computing the number of population or the market industry divided by the total number of coins is the correct way to compute prices.
Pages:
Jump to: