Pages:
Author

Topic: 1-post locked threads - page 2. (Read 2513 times)

donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
January 30, 2012, 11:51:43 AM
Even Atlas wasn't that desperate to pitch a bad idea.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
January 30, 2012, 11:47:20 AM
I see it that they are just using those 1 post locked threads like free advertising.  Hoping to fool 0.1% of Bitcoin traffic to prop up their dying experiment in centralized control.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
January 30, 2012, 11:46:11 AM
A locked thread with no replies is useless to a discussion forum and should be deleted. Shouldn't be made in the first place actually, warn then ban IMO.   
Righto, mr Bear.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127
January 30, 2012, 11:38:34 AM
I was thinking about that myself earlier when I checked that forum, it bothers me too seeing a bunch of locked threads with 0 replies. With CH doing it three times in the past two days alone, just seems like they're gonna keep doing it unless something is done. 

A locked thread with no replies is useless to a discussion forum and should be deleted. Shouldn't be made in the first place actually, warn then ban IMO.   

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 2216
Chief Scientist
January 30, 2012, 10:46:09 AM
So the SolidCoin folks have been creating 1-post locked threads announcing stuff.

Putting aside how you feel about SolidCoin, I wonder what other people think about that practice in general.  It seems to me to go against the purpose of "Forums" -- seems to me the whole point is discussion.  If you don't want discussion, then buy an ad or publish information on your website.

Seems to me locking threads should be a last resort instead of "I'll just lock every thread I make to keep out the trolls."

I'm going to lock this thread now because I think some people will disagree with me.
(KIDDING, JUST KIDDING)
Pages:
Jump to: