Pages:
Author

Topic: 1 TH/s-miner with only 16 GH/s - page 2. (Read 3466 times)

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
March 27, 2014, 09:18:51 AM
Well it shouldn't be hard to see where the device is actually mining.
A tcpdump on the network should show where packets are going to and coming from.
More so, if you start the log when it is first powered on, it should show all pools and accounts it is connecting to.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
March 27, 2014, 08:31:52 AM
It seems as if they have produced their own little hacks for running cgminer....
Since cgminer is released under a free license that insists all code modifications distributed in binary form must be available on request, since you have received a cgminer binary that is modified from the original, you can ask them for the source code to their modifications and they will be obliged to provide their source modifications within 30 days or they will be in violation of the license agreement and not be allowed to further distribute their binaries or be up for legal action.

See:
https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html

Interesting for me is the fact that there is a lot of references to bitmine in the history. For example here in the history of user "pi":

173  gvim bitmine.h
  392  cd cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  395  cd cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  398  cd cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  399  gvim driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c
  402  cd lichen/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  404  cd lichen/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  406  cd lichen/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  408  cd lichen/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  445  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  447  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  454  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  457  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  460  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  464  gvim ./lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c
  466  gvim ./lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/run.sh
  469  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  474  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  480  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  487  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  488  gvim driver-SPI-bitmine-A1.c
  495  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  509  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  519  gvim /home/pi/lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/run.sh
  520  /home/pi/lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/run.sh &
  521  sudo /home/pi/lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/run.sh &
  523  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  548  cd /home/pi/lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad
  550  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  562  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/
  637  cd lichen/old/cgminer-bitmine-A1-scratchpad/

Now given the fact that Bitmine in Switzerland can't deliver, but here obviously some software from Bitmine pops up in a Chinese machine which is sold from a Swiss company, I guess I'll use some forensic tools to examine this issue further...
March 27, 2014, 08:26:10 AM
Hmm, my miner.php there is showing you are mining on Eligius ... which has been DDOSed for a few? days.

Although they like to say their magical unicorns can solve all DDOS problems, maybe that's the reason?

I'm running one of my micro-pool (hey, I like this term!) with ten Antminer on Eligius with no problem. However, Eligius, ghash and others don't work with this machine, only BTCguild - at the moment...
March 27, 2014, 08:24:38 AM
I have the exakt same issue.
I received my machine 1 day ago and after setting up i was happy. Until today.
I normally use Slush pool. I now tried Elegius and GHashIO with same result.
Besides that,  I can´t login with SSH, i dont have the correct user and password... Anyone know the default password? No info in the box... The webinterface  doesn´t require user and password.
In the display and also in webinterface all looks perfect. 1.02 Th and WU 12m somethings. Looks OK.
BUT. No money, no hashrate on pool side. Only between 1-16 Gh. Mostly 1 Gh.

I am totally out in the blue here.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Urbie

Don't know if we have the same machine, but here the default user is pi, password is raspberry. sudo su makes you root where you can set your root-password. At least worth a try...
March 27, 2014, 08:16:55 AM
have you tried contacting the company about your findings?

Yup, and they claim that I only can use the machine with BTCGuild with the setting 1024/1THs as minimal diff. So this would be a limitation I can't accept.

Did you try BTCGuild with 1024 min diff? You'd need to run it for a day, but at least you'd know if they were completely full of shit or just a little full of shit.

Okay, BTCGuild with 1024 min diff works with somewhat over 1 TH/s. However, this means I can't put it on other pools - unless I want my heater to run for 16 GH/s...
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
March 27, 2014, 07:44:04 AM

Yup, and they claim that I only can use the machine with BTCGuild with the setting 1024/1THs as minimal diff. So this would be a limitation I can't accept.

Now that's becoming interesting. When I look at the history in the bash, I see that the name "Bitmine" appears again and again. However, the machine itself is the one sold by the "LK Group" in China (http://www.lketc.com). But the interface is produced by another company in Switzerland (roxas.ch).

So I'll dig a bit deeper into this during the weekend. What would be interesting is if anybody who bought from LK in China has the same issue...
That sounds like a bogus claim, cgminer doesn't care what pool it is, it passes the work to the driver which sends it to the ASIC, mine for another 30 minutes to an hour and if the speed is still 16gh/s, I smell a scam.

You are right that is bullshit. There might be 0.1 % difference of different pools. But That much different is bullshit.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
March 27, 2014, 07:14:48 AM
Hmm, my miner.php there is showing you are mining on Eligius ... which has been DDOSed for a few? days.

Although they like to say their magical unicorns can solve all DDOS problems, maybe that's the reason?
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
March 27, 2014, 07:07:18 AM
A device that can only hash in a specific pool is definitely not worth $5000.

At a guess, I'd say that's not the case. I can't think of any reason it would only hash at BTC Guild at a high min diff.
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
March 27, 2014, 07:05:07 AM
A device that can only hash in a specific pool is definitely not worth $5000.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
March 27, 2014, 06:48:34 AM

Did you try BTCGuild with 1024 min diff? You'd need to run it for a day, but at least you'd know if they were completely full of shit or just a little full of shit.
Activity: 4
March 27, 2014, 06:37:00 AM
I have the exakt same issue.
I received my machine 1 day ago and after setting up i was happy. Until today.
I normally use Slush pool. I now tried Elegius and GHashIO with same result.
Besides that,  I can´t login with SSH, i dont have the correct user and password... Anyone know the default password? No info in the box... The webinterface  doesn´t require user and password.
In the display and also in webinterface all looks perfect. 1.02 Th and WU 12m somethings. Looks OK.
BUT. No money, no hashrate on pool side. Only between 1-16 Gh. Mostly 1 Gh.

I am totally out in the blue here.
Any suggestions?

Thanks

Urbie

-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
March 27, 2014, 05:29:34 AM
It seems as if they have produced their own little hacks for running cgminer....
Since cgminer is released under a free license that insists all code modifications distributed in binary form must be available on request, since you have received a cgminer binary that is modified from the original, you can ask them for the source code to their modifications and they will be obliged to provide their source modifications within 30 days or they will be in violation of the license agreement and not be allowed to further distribute their binaries or be up for legal action.

See:
https://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
March 27, 2014, 05:12:54 AM

Now that's becoming interesting. When I look at the history in the bash, I see that the name "Bitmine" appears again and again. However, the machine itself is the one sold by the "LK Group" in China (http://www.lketc.com). But the interface is produced by another company in Switzerland (roxas.ch).

So I'll dig a bit deeper into this during the weekend. What would be interesting is if anybody who bought from LK in China has the same issue...
That sounds like a bogus claim, cgminer doesn't care what pool it is, it passes the work to the driver which sends it to the ASIC, mine for another 30 minutes to an hour and if the speed is still 16gh/s, I smell a scam.

March 27, 2014, 04:07:18 AM

Activity: 378
March 26, 2014, 10:20:47 PM
March 26, 2014, 09:11:20 PM
But it is not 1TH/s is it?  Roll Eyes

Naugh, currently more 1 TH/year... :-/
March 26, 2014, 09:09:27 PM
When I ssh into the miner and try to start cgminer, I just get a segmentation fault if I'm root. When I'm just a normal user, it sometimes starts when I put in sudo cgminer.... however, the output is not verbose, and if I try to start cgminer with the --verbose option, it doesn't start at all. However, it starts perfectly when I use the web-interface. ps -Af shows the following:

sudo ./cgminer -o stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334 -u xxxxxxxxxxxxxx -p 0 -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u xxxxx.6 -p 0 -o stratum+tcp://uk1.ghash.io:3333 -u xxxxx.8 -p 0 --A1Pll1 1000 --A1Pll2 1000 --A1Pll3 1000 --A1Pll4 1000 --A1Pll5 1000 --diff 16 --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-allow W:127.0.0.1

Activity: 280
March 26, 2014, 08:44:53 PM
But it is not 1TH/s is it?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
March 26, 2014, 08:41:36 PM
For illustrating the situation here's a screenshot from the miner's gui:

However, after 20 minutes, Eligius shows me the following:

Now, after 30 minutes, I'm down on 6 GH/s.

Is there anything you guys who have more experience see?

Thanks

Only thing I can suggest is to SSH into the miner and see what cgminer is actually showing rather than the web front end. Because from the stats on the web it looks good.
March 26, 2014, 08:34:52 PM
For illustrating the situation here's a screenshot from the miner's gui:

However, after 20 minutes, Eligius shows me the following:

Now, after 30 minutes, I'm down on 6 GH/s.

Is there anything you guys who have more experience see?

Thanks
Pages:
Jump to: