Pages:
Author

Topic: [10 btc reward] protocol, wallet and client version mismatch errors - page 2. (Read 2749 times)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0
On the options window there is a checkbox with that text. Check it. Close the client. It will take a few minutes to completely close while it detaches the DB's.

I'm using the headless client on a server, so there must be a flag or something.  I usually shutdown by doing
Code:
bitcoind stop
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
On the options window there is a checkbox with that text. Check it. Close the client. It will take a few minutes to completely close while it detaches the DB's.

Your best option will be to probably copy the entire bitcoin data dir to the new location, instead of copying just the wallet.dat.
Don't forget to backup any data before replacing it. <--- can't be said enough times Smiley
Try to detach databases on shutdown and then replace the wallet.
You have to do that when upgrading from 0.6.x to 0.7.x

Not sure if you should also copy the blockchain data, to make it think you are upgrading.

BTW, this is a wild guess Grin

a wild guess is better than none.  how do I "detach databases on shutdown"?
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Try to detach databases on shutdown and then replace the wallet.
You have to do that when upgrading from 0.6.x to 0.7.x

Not sure if you should also copy the blockchain data, to make it think you are upgrading.

BTW, this is a wild guess Grin
I am running 2 bitcoind instances on ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS server, wallet a and wallet b.  The version info from getinfo() for wallet a is
Code:
    "version" : 60300,
    "protocolversion" : 60001,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

The version info from getinfo() for wallet b is
Code:
    "version" : 70200,
    "protocolversion" : 60002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,

If I try to export wallet.dat from wallet a, put it in an empty .bitcoin directory and run it with the latest client version (7.0.2) I get the following error
Code:
Bitcoin: wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed

Obviously wallet b will run with the latest client as seen in the version output.  This leads me to believe that the issue is the protocol version.  For some reason 60001 is incompatible with the latest client, and 60002 is.

So, here is the 10 btc question:
How can I get wallet a to run on the latest client?  It doesn't work for me to just transfer the balance to a new wallet, because I need the addresses in wallet a.  Also, wallet a has a bunch of addys.  It's around 1 gb in size.

First person to post a solution that I can get to work wins the 10 btc.  Thanks in advance!
Pages:
Jump to: