Pages:
Author

Topic: 10 main mistakes of Bitcoin newbies - page 19. (Read 20901 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 502
February 27, 2017, 10:50:55 PM
Hi, with price soaring and newbies joining I found useful sharing this miniguide.
Hope this is appreciated

http://immutable.today/10-mistakes-bitcoin-newbies/

Well some people are really making fun of the mistakes the newbies are doing and I think that article was a 50/50 help and annoyance to them technically speaking instead of making fun on the newbies that are making mistakes we as seniors should be the one who will support and make a good influence for them, we are once a newbie ourselves and a little respect and helping hand can help in this bitcoin community.
You are correct, but at the same time, we need to remind them they also have a responsibility to conduct themselves in the right way, I have seen many newbies and higher ranks, doing stuff that is forbidden in the rules of the forum when confronted about it, they say they did not read the rules, so a minimum should be expected from the members of this forum.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
February 27, 2017, 07:14:02 PM
It will be useful for those newbie but in my own the worst mistake that i experience when i was not trusting bitcoin and invest more in bitcoin that i thought the price is just jump and crash with the same price back but every year the price is changing and now we are experience to hit$1200 if i know that thing when i was newbie maybe i gain a good profit right now so this is my own mistakes.. and want to inspire other newbie..
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
February 27, 2017, 06:57:03 PM
FOMO buying and panic selling LOLZ
Activity: 421
Merit: 100
February 27, 2017, 06:47:36 PM
Hi, with price soaring and newbies joining I found useful sharing this miniguide.
Hope this is appreciated

The links was good for me it's informative and very good reminders for all the newbie's in this forum. This indicates that the people behind the topic was concern for the people like me Smiley due to I'm also a newbie, besides this is for my own good sake in this world of business.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 27, 2017, 03:52:45 PM
I see your point. I'll find a rewording. "dont do it" is to add some drama style

the article is good and very inspiring. I just want you to edit some words like "The short answer is don’t do it". I think it is not good for a newbie who has high curiosity about bitcoin. who knows that those newbies has big budget so they can mine. just give an explanation about the difficulty and the profit of being a miner.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
February 27, 2017, 10:01:36 AM
the article is good and very inspiring. I just want you to edit some words like "The short answer is don’t do it". I think it is not good for a newbie who has high curiosity about bitcoin. who knows that those newbies has big budget so they can mine. just give an explanation about the difficulty and the profit of being a miner.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
February 27, 2017, 09:59:02 AM
newbie always trust some fraud and scam sites and due to their greedy they get trapped in the blackhole of scammers and loss their hard earned money.
Activity: 994
Merit: 544
February 27, 2017, 09:24:09 AM
i dont' really agree with the first one, since they are newbie it's better for them to hold the money on coinbase which is insured at least, their computer is not...

i heard many stories of newbie and their account being hacked because they don't know how to secure them locally, and they don't like cold storage apparently, or don't know hot to do it properly...

also about the mining part, you can definitely mine bitcoin, but undirectly with altcoin, but it's better if any still think there is no profit, because we are reaching a bad point there also...

There are multiple tips on bitcoin for users and this one is also one of them. In almost all of the tips and guides for newbies I observed that there are no perfect tips and guides and there are no perfect information for bitcoin amateurs. With this I disagree with your comment its because there are actually different kind of newbies with different skills and thus some of them may actually like the tip given by the author while some of them will stick to your idea. And so there are no wrong ideas it will depend on the capacity of the newbie to apply it.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 529
February 27, 2017, 09:23:33 AM
Hope this is appreciated

Two of the biggest mistake I did back in my newbie days was to firstly think that bitcoin is truly anonymous it took me quite a bit of time to understand that a tx can be easily traced back using blockchain. And secondly using an online wallet, I used blockchain.info for quite a long, since blockchain.info was comparatively safer than coinbase and gave me access to private keys I didn't bother to change it until I had over 1 BTC. 
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169
February 27, 2017, 09:16:02 AM
Hope this is appreciated

Well some people are really making fun of the mistakes the newbies are doing and I think that article was a 50/50 help and annoyance to them technically speaking instead of making fun on the newbies that are making mistakes we as seniors should be the one who will support and make a good influence for them, we are once a newbie ourselves and a little respect and helping hand can help in this bitcoin community.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
February 27, 2017, 08:56:51 AM
these days bitcoin is very difficult to earn  Cry
It is as hard to earn bitcoins as it to to earn fiat. There's no difference in it as they both are "money" and has value. If you have a certain skill that can be utilized by someone paying in bitcoins(or even fiat), then you can earn them. If you earn in fiat, its not hard to convert them into bitcoins now a days.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
February 27, 2017, 08:25:34 AM
This article have missed to cover about low fee newbies used to put to save cost on payments leading unconfirmed transaction for many hours. That will make them panic about bitcoin and they will start blaming bitcoin network for it and some may even opt out from the idea of using bitcoin again.  Grin
The op has tried and we have to give him thanks for this instead of looking for loops holes in his article. Were they transactions that were not conclusive? No matter how long it take the transactions are all confirmed, we only need to be a little patients with the system. Op thank you for your article for newbies.
Activity: 2982
Merit: 790
February 27, 2017, 08:01:46 AM
You are right since earning bitcoin is just like earning local fiat and we do know we would really need to work hard in able to earn it and just like on crypto world theres no easy money here.Most newbies do really believe on easy get rich scheme thats why they do easily fall into the traps of scammers.
Activity: 27
February 27, 2017, 07:16:33 AM
Activity: 126
February 27, 2017, 06:17:46 AM
Hope this is appreciated

Article was indeed helpful for newbies like me. First thing, I'm not really comfortable in trusting keeping all the money on coinbase or other wallet. I might as well trade my bitcoins for cash and withdraw it.

I really do like to know more about gambling in here. I might as well try it earn more money. Yey!  Grin
Activity: 2114
Merit: 530
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
February 27, 2017, 05:49:58 AM
Good job, but for me, the list missed out on some obvious ones like how to multiply your Bitcoin quickly and getting into HYPES, Cloud mining, Double your Bitcoin etc
Activity: 26
February 27, 2017, 05:38:23 AM
Interesting read. I learned a lot. Thank you for posting!  Smiley
Activity: 215
February 27, 2017, 04:42:51 AM
Maybe we should bookmark it so we dont scare off newbies to BTC Smiley
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
February 27, 2017, 04:31:35 AM
I think this is a very good article!
Every body who is new to bitcoin should have to read it for twenty minutes until he is allowed to proceede.
Of course that is not possible, but it would spare many people unfortunate experience with bitcoins.
And without negative experiences, a lot more newbies would become valuable members of the bitcoin community instead of leaving it quickly again.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 511
February 27, 2017, 04:29:10 AM
Failing to find the right earning opportunity and struggling with improper earning methods is the biggest mistakes, I do see many newbies are still doing. I also did mistakes and spend more time with faucets in my earlier days in bitcoin world. Some people are trying mining the non-profitable coins and wasting their time and electricity bill.

Mistakes are common for both experienced and newbie bitcoiners. But I feel it is the responsibility of experience bitcoiners to create a knowledge resource and guiding newbies. I agree this forum is a great knowledge resource but it is not available in an arranged a manner except if a newbie is good in using "search function".

I have seen similar topics in past and it is really humiliating people were repeating same types of mistakes by failing to learn lessons from those topics.
Pages:
Jump to: