Pages:
Author

Topic: 100 BTC was stolen from my Primedice account. Please see thread. - page 7. (Read 15930 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Hello all,
I have been newly active on Primedice during the past few weeks. With the closing of JD, I was looking for another honest, off-chain game to continue rolling. Primedice was great and I had a lot of success there until recently.

Earlier today, I deposited 100 BTC into my account to start playing. (I always make it a habit to put my coins back into my wallet after playing on any site.) Usually my account is credited after 1 confirmation and everything is good-to-go. Well initially, things were looking like they usually do, and my account promptly reflected my new balance. Then I place my first bet and I get an "Insufficient Funds" warning at the top. Mind, you this is happening while my balance shows "100.00120000 BTC." I refreshed the page a few times and afterwards, the balance showed pretty much zero again (0.00120000 BTC worth of dust).

Just to be safe, I even tried logging in and out. Nothing. I hit up the Mod on duty in the chat room and he is unable to help. I have sent an email to support so let's see what they say. I am trying to keep calm, but an annual salary worth of BTC has vanished.

Also, here is the TXID for the deposit in question:
https://blockchain.info/tx/e3baf6d62cbd003632204cd40e82c6e40e55c4a50b2d93e89585ec1ca7fffac1

If any of you more technical guys can get forensic with the blockchain info, ANY help is appreciated. Stunna, if my coins are just stuck somewhere on your site, please return them and I'll be on my merry way. In the meantime:

BE CAREFUL WHEN DEPOSITING YOUR COINS HERE!

This is being discussed and the current theory, based on what we know so far, is that this was the work of a thief on the outside. He probably took advantage of my weak password and then camped out on my account and waited for a large deposit and then quickly withdrew my coins right after confirmation (and before my first bet).

All info is still pending as we await Stunna's post with the complete story.

One thing that is absolutely true is PrimeDice's new security features as a result of this theft. Now there is 2FA which adds and additional layer of security to an already safe site.
Pages:
Jump to: