Pages:
Author

Topic: $1,000 bounty for Blockchain.COM (not .info) (Updated to $1,500) - page 2. (Read 8269 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
From the whois:

11400 W. Olympic Blvd. Suite 200
Los Angeles, CA 90064
US

Anyone ever try knocking?

This person claims to be the owner of blockchain.com:

http://www.facebook.com/fannnnnnnnneww

I contacted them,  agreed on a price in Bitcoins,  but they:

1. Insisted that I pay the bitcoins first.
2. Refused to use an escrow service.
3. Refused to provide any proof that they actually own the domain.

They also said many strange things during the Skype chat in regards to the domain.

Does anyone know if this person is the real owner or if they can be trusted?  

This is exactly why people get scammed so often. This guy is screaming scammer, You should not even consider doing business with him. There is absolutely no legitimate reason he shouldn't prove he is the owner or use escrow and there are ways to do that without compromising his anonymity. Run the other way! Don't waste your Bitcoins because it'll be just throwing them down the drain.

+1

Exactly right. Instant scammer.

I'm starting to suspect the owner is satoshi himself...

And if there's any truth to the rumors that he's dead,
that would explain the lack of response...

haha, good call.

Expiration date: 08 Mar 2013 05:04:00

We shall see. Hopefully it gets put to good use soon.

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
My guess is that if they hadn't come forward by now then they probably will not.  Which is sad as I love piuk's services.  😰

What's in a (domain) name? The service is just as good on the .info domain. I agree that they are solid.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
I am the one who knocks
My guess is that if they hadn't come forward by now then they probably will not.  Which is sad as I love piuk's services.  😰
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1016
I'm starting to suspect the owner is satoshi himself...

And if there's any truth to the rumors that he's dead,
that would explain the lack of response...
AJM
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Sorry, was tired when reading this. Somehow I thought the 1500 was the bounty for getting the information of the owner. =/
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
It looks to me like the first post is a firm offer of $1,000 for the domain name and $500 for a verifiable introduction to the domain owner.
$1,500 total
AJM
Activity: 38
What kind of offer are you prepared to make for the domain? I don't own it, but I feel there would be a better response from the owner if someone were able to get a message through to them with some hard numbers, not just "please contact me".
Activity: 910
Merit: 1005
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
Donations: http://tny.im/nx
Well, I wasn't sure if it had been tried. Since it was not written explicitly. At least, I thought. "the owner of the contact address does not respond", almost explicit...

I've learned not to think too much for other people. Especially when free coins are involved.

Indeed it's not obvious for people who read just this thread, but there are a couple other threads regarding blockchain dot com, and it's been discussed on there. Perhaps an effort should be made to keep the discussion to a single thread, locking the others.
Activity: 29
Well, I wasn't sure if it had been tried. Since it was not written explicitly. At least, I thought. "the owner of the contact address does not respond", almost explicit...

I've learned not to think too much for other people. Especially when free coins are involved.
Activity: 306
Donations: http://tny.im/nx
Update,

I will pay $500 for simply putting me in contact with the owner of Blockchain.COM
I will pay this even if the owner doesn't actually sell me the domain.

Hi Blockchain_Helper,

I'm in the race for the $500 (in BTC):
http://whois.domaintools.com/blockchain.com

The WhoisGuard email address will be forwarded to the real address:
"When some one sends an email to your uniquely generated [email protected] address, we will in-turn forward it your real email address which you specify. "

Here you go:
[email protected]

Good luck! Robert

That's been tried and even more than once I think. Do you think that if it were that easy, anyone would put up a $1000 bounty for it?
Activity: 29
Update,

I will pay $500 for simply putting me in contact with the owner of Blockchain.COM
I will pay this even if the owner doesn't actually sell me the domain.

Hi Blockchain_Helper,

I'm in the race for the $500 (in BTC):
http://whois.domaintools.com/blockchain.com

The WhoisGuard email address will be forwarded to the real address:
"When some one sends an email to your uniquely generated [email protected] address, we will in-turn forward it your real email address which you specify. "

Here you go:
[email protected]

Good luck! Robert
staff
Activity: 4256
Merit: 1203
I support freedom of choice
Have you tried with some emails like these?
[email protected]
[email protected]
Activity: 57

I contacted them,  agreed on a price in Bitcoins,  but they:

They also said many strange things during the Skype chat in regards to the domain.

This is exactly why people get scammed so often. This guy is screaming scammer, You should not even consider doing business with him. There is absolutely no legitimate reason he shouldn't prove he is the owner or use escrow and there are ways to do that without compromising his anonymity. Run the other way! Don't waste your Bitcoins because it'll be just throwing them down the drain.
Activity: 560
I am the one who knocks
It should be trivially easy to prove that you own a domain, so if someone refuses to do so I would consider them a scammer.
Also not wanting to use escrow... I can't think of a single (valid) reason to not use escrow.
Activity: 240
It should be trivially easy to prove that you own a domain, so if someone refuses to do so I would consider them a scammer.
donator
Activity: 1419
Merit: 1015
If anyone needs someone to verify that an entity actually owns the domain or provide an escrow or do domain transfer verification I can help on the technical end. I'd do this for free, too, I just want to see the domain blockchain.com actually used. I can verify that WHOIS history going all the way back to when blockchain.com was registered has included the same [email protected] email. If they are not getting notified, they need to update their contact info with Whois Guard.
Activity: 743

I contacted them,  agreed on a price in Bitcoins,  but they:

If they don't prove nothing, don't pay.

hm 23 Years old Female  Huh I think is a fake profile
Activity: 25
Blockchain_Helper, since you are following this thread, I sent unrelated email to blockchain.info support and no answer in days, whats up with that?

I'm sure Piuk (Ben) is super busy adding all the new features to the site.
Feel free to email me at help at blockchain.info and I will do my best to help out.

Blockchain_Helper is here to help!
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin Mayor of Las Vegas
I sent unrelated email to blockchain.info support and no answer in days, whats up with that?

I get that a lot too :/
Pages:
Jump to: