Pages:
Author

Topic: 1000 Gh/s - Is it worth it? - page 2. (Read 8308 times)

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
May 27, 2014, 04:53:42 PM

P2pool gives you a higher expected profit (tx fee to be distributed among miners).
Ghash gives you a lower variance on your profit (higher pool hashrate, lower share difficulty).

Seems like p2pool is better for bitcoin for it decentralized nature but having only 1% of the bitcoin hashrate doesn't mean the chance to find a block (and share it among it miners) is very low?
Activity: 633
Merit: 500
May 27, 2014, 04:38:12 PM
-What should I consider when joining a pool?

Is it paying? Good support? Prompt reaction to DDoS? Merge mining? Low fee? etc.

-When I join a pool, the more I contribute (in hash power), the more my payout is?

Yes, but there are several different payment schemes like PPS, PPLNS, DGM, etc.

-It's more profitable to join Ghash.io or p2pool?

P2pool gives you a higher expected profit (tx fee to be distributed among miners).
Ghash gives you a lower variance on your profit (higher pool hashrate, lower share difficulty).
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
May 27, 2014, 04:17:06 PM
Hi guys.

I'm thinking about buying an Asic Miner (1000Gh/s). I checked coinwarz.com and with that speed, I'm (supposed to be) able to make 28 usd a day, or 23 usd counting electricity cost. That's an estimate of course.

Is that a realistic expectation? I know the difficulty increases and the profit decrease with time. My doubt is… how long should I expect to make no money out of the machine? Couple years?

I imagine I should join a pool.
-When I join a pool, the more I contribute (in hash power), the more my payout is?

Thanks in advance.

Please don't state mining profits in USD, as the price can change. 1TH/s (1000 GH/s) will earn you 0.04809870BTC.
Difficulty will increase, since more and better ASICs will come out onto the market. I'd expect it to continue for 2-3 years, so expect to make no money after that. (Well, you can use it as a heater?).

You should consider if the pool has a bad background, and all that. But i'll explain.

I suggest you use ghash.io for the best accuracy to the estimation, but I don't recommend this, because it's by far the largest bitcoin mining pool.
I suggest p2pool, because it helps protect the network, but payout might be more inconsistent.
And yes, theoretically, the more hashpower the more money comes into your wallet.
Activity: 193
Merit: 100
May 27, 2014, 04:09:29 PM
Hi guys.

I'm thinking about buying an Asic Miner (1000Gh/s). I checked coinwarz.com and with that speed, I'm (supposed to be) able to make 28 usd a day, or 23 usd counting electricity cost. That's an estimate of course.

Is that a realistic expectation? I know the difficulty increases and the profit decrease with time. My doubt is… how long should I expect to make no money out of the machine? Couple years?

I imagine I should join a pool.

Thanks in advance.
Pages:
Jump to: