Pages:
Author

Topic: [1000 mBTC remaining] bounty for teaser artwork/media - page 2. (Read 5831 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
So, when will we know what mDay is? I have a feeling it's got something to do with mBTC.
Typing up the announcement now Smiley

Great! I'll be sure to watch this topic closely then, very interested to see what it is.
Activity: 294
Merit: 273
So, when will we know what mDay is? I have a feeling it's got something to do with mBTC.
Typing up the announcement now Smiley
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
After a while of working (6-7 hours spread out over 1.5 weeks), I now have an entry! Cheesy

http://alberthrocks.site88.net/

Quite simply, a website animation that makes you wonder what M-Day is... and drops some pretty obvious hints while doing so!
Watch it to find out! Wink

Recommended: Latest Chrome or Firefox
(If you're curious, it DOES work in Internet Explorer 10 (and has some internal support too!), but 2 of the animation shots will not work because as always, Microsoft is rather screwy with their standards... Not sure about other IEs, though IE9 should work too.)

Fun-tip: Try using a mobile browser! There's some little things for those browsers, too! Wink

Warning: this is a resource heavy website, so make sure you clear up a few things before visiting the website!

If I do win the community vote, I'll make the website permanent, add localization support, and use part of the funds to make the faucet active.
Wow, you went all out!

Note to potential clickers: I could never vouch for someone else's site completely (too security conscious for that) but I have taken a look at the page source and scripts and there is nothing overtly suspicious in it.  It's also worth noting that alberthrocks registered on bitcointalk before the contest and has a pretty legitimate posting history.  Threat assessment:  LOW (but never zero of course  Wink )

That was an intense experience, and I loved it!  I'll have to try it out on mobile when I get a chance.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
After a while of working (6-7 hours spread out over 1.5 weeks), I now have an entry! Cheesy

http://alberthrocks.site88.net/

Quite simply, a website animation that makes you wonder what M-Day is... and drops some pretty obvious hints while doing so!
Watch it to find out! Wink

Recommended: Latest Chrome or Firefox
(If you're curious, it DOES work in Internet Explorer 10 (and has some internal support too!), but 2 of the animation shots will not work because as always, Microsoft is rather screwy with their standards... Not sure about other IEs, though IE9 should work too.)

Fun-tip: Try using a mobile browser! There's some little things for those browsers, too! Wink

Warning: this is a resource heavy website, so make sure you clear up a few things before visiting the website!

If I do win the community vote, I'll make the website permanent, add localization support, and use part of the funds to make the faucet active.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1279
Primedice.com, Stake.com
Fantastic entries, grats to winner  Smiley
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
I don't even know what m-day is and I already can't wait!
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
Thank you eMansipater for the mBTC! Cheesy Goodluck guys on the community prize!
@zinodaur Fantastic!  I think you've got a good run at the community choice award there, especially if you switch the 'M' to an 'm' (you'll see why on Monday, I promise).

Monday is the day I will be announcing what "m day" is all about, and starting the community vote.  I'm waiting until Monday so that anyone still working on a project will have time to finish (there is no eligibility deadline for the community vote, but obviously entering late will disadvantage you, and entering after the vote has been counted will make it quite difficult to get any votes at all  Wink ).

Stock images compatible with with my original small print are perfectly valid in my book, btw.

Also, I sent 2000 mBTC to moltenmich.  Congratulations again!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Personally, I see no problem using stock images when you have the rights to. Smiley
Also to clarify, I typically use stock photos only when it is necessary to save time or makes the most sense. The background image was altered by me to incorporate the bitcoin logo and I put the rest of the design together. Here is the link to the source of the puzzle stock image http://www.sxc.hu/photo/220121
The base image I used for those designs were stock images hosted on stock.xchng. I was not the original photographer of the base photo, but I have to rights to use it. If people are unhappy with me having used stock images, I am a photographer and can easily create a similar design with the same concept. Just let me know what you guys want/feel best about!
Activity: 9
Congrats, I'm hoping that you're the original creator of the piece as well? Not to be accusatory, but a reverse image search is often telling.

http://tinyurl.com/ahua2z8
Wow! Thank you!! I'll PM you in a second! All the submissions were fun to see, and I'm dying to know what m day is!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Congratz Molten  Smiley
Well, it was a hard call to make  but I've decided that moltenmich is the winner for the outstanding puzzle piece images!  mich, you can either pm me with an address or post it here for the prize to be sent to.

Think I made the wrong call?  Well, don't lose hope because the community vote will be launched shortly--after I get back from San Jose.  Good luck everyone, and thank you for all your entries!
I'm working on something epic, but due to my pursuit for perfection I might not be able to submit this work until after Saturday.
I'll just say this: without this thing I'm making, all the banners here could be useless! Wink

Love it!  If it's soon enough, you might still win the community prize Smiley

These entries are awesome, and I love the work you all have put in. Tomorrow around lunch time I'll announce the winner!  I've got some hard deciding to do Sad
Activity: 50
I'm working on something epic, but due to my pursuit for perfection I might not be able to submit this work until after Saturday.
I'll just say this: without this thing I'm making, all the banners here could be useless! Wink
Snapshots:

I screwed up the date. (Used to live in Europe where it's day/month/year) I mess that up all the time. I'll fix that if I win obviously!
Pages:
Jump to: