Pages:
Author

Topic: $10,000-15,000 rig (Read 3748 times)

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
May 31, 2016, 12:05:12 PM

Interesting to see if they truly have a  new machine.  Should it not be A4 instead of "New A2" if truly the new one?   I can't seem to get LKETC to come up do they have a new website?

I would want to get alot more info before buying there.   Also it does not mine Ether, the new altcoin that seems to be gaining a following.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Activity: 663
Merit: 501
May 27, 2016, 08:31:36 AM
I'd echo the comments of some here and recommend that before you go spending 10 or 20K, build a small gpu based rig and get your feet wet mining. You'll learn a lot and wind up in a better position to assess the opportunities and risks associated with mining.

After that, if you still want to dive in, have fun !

that is some of the best advice ever. I did exactly the same thing. Built one rig, got hooked and built 6 more, then decided I could sell them and turn a profit that way too.
Activity: 546
Merit: 253
May 27, 2016, 01:24:23 AM
The answer seems quite simple to me. If you want to mine bitcoin your power costs are far to high. I also wouldn't buy any asic miner until the s9 or some other 16/14nm rig is released. Depending on the cost and efficiency. Do that and you will make money. But like they have said throughout this thread opinions are like assholes.
legendary
May 27, 2016, 12:49:48 AM
i have both btc rigs and eth coin rigs.

I balance myself between the two.  I have earned just about 1500 in usd worth of eth coins and i paid about 390 in power

so I got back 1110 usd my gear cost me 4k  but I have real pc's that can be used as gaming pc's htpc pc's and the like.

I can sell them and i do sell them as gaming pc's to friends and family.

I am happy that a coin like eth coin is around for now.

I think difficulty is going to keep to continue to go up in last 30 day's about a 25 percent increase in difficulty:
41.9           26-May
31.493   26-Apr

What I am afraid of is big mega operations mining ether pumping difficulty up and dumping coins.   We seem to be losing value... which hopefully will change.  Either way I guess GPU's are pretty good on holding value is good thing.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
May 26, 2016, 10:29:58 PM
i have both btc rigs and eth coin rigs.

I balance myself between the two.  I have earned just about 1500 in usd worth of eth coins and i paid about 390 in power

so I got back 1110 usd my gear cost me 4k  but I have real pc's that can be used as gaming pc's htpc pc's and the like.

I can sell them and i do sell them as gaming pc's to friends and family.

I am happy that a coin like eth coin is around for now.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1014
ex uno plures
May 22, 2016, 03:23:31 PM
I'd echo the comments of some here and recommend that before you go spending 10 or 20K, build a small gpu based rig and get your feet wet mining. You'll learn a lot and wind up in a better position to assess the opportunities and risks associated with mining.

After that, if you still want to dive in, have fun !
legendary
May 16, 2016, 01:29:54 PM
Thats one expensive rig, hoping youd break your return on how many days?

What you are doing is speculating for the prices to make up for it? I would rather just get into buying bitcoin then meddling with alt coins to be honest.

Unless the coin has some form of demand like how just-dice "you need" to have to play on their dice site.

That form of demand is rare, so I dont see any other purpose for any other alt coins that dont offer the same type of demand.

Then again, I could be wrong and the alt coin is used for side chains for something.

This is a thread that got far far off topic.  OP likely would be smart to go mostly twords BTC just due to stability.   He needs cheap electricity if he want's to mine it no way around it at this point.

I do think ether is worth a little try.   I would not go "huge" but keep it as part of your crypto portfolio.  And it is one most can mine and building a GPU miner is not terribly hard.  

And I would have a pretty solid plan.  Most threads like this end up not investing.  They do the ROI math and sadly a lot just don't invest.

well if the numbers dont work.. who is in this to donate to the "good" cause(i use that term loosely)?  Everyone in this and i mean everyone is in this to get maybe not rich but a financial gain.. Noone is here to throw money away.. but sadly that is what happen to most.> That is why these forums arent teaming with life like it was in 2014 when I jumped in. Granted most of that turned out to be scammers.. But a shit ton of them also were good guys that came because we thought this was a great thing only to be fleeced by all the scams that everyone promoted.  Most of them didnt come back.  I stayed only because if someone didnt then we would just keep repeating history.. Scam after scam.. Face it.> This was a epic fail allowing this to have a monetary value before it was even close to ready..

Ask yourselves this.. How can everyone in the btc ecosystem profit if new invest were to slow below the inflation rate?  id say as much as everyone bitches about halving that will actually be your saving grace.. As it will only need half as much money coming in.. The big pump before halving will be from asic sales prior to halving.. Cuz why would they sell them after for half the price.. Get the suckers early on.. They will then do a nice healthy dump to help push out all those s7 that dont have REALLY good prices for power.  And if this wasnt their intention .. us talking about it in the open like this only gives them ideas.  Anyway.. open source can be great but can also be an Achilles heal

Best Regards
d57heinz

I'm not criticizing people for not making bad financial decision's.  As you said in some cases the numbers just flat don't work.  Margins are getting tighter and tighter.   I don't blame this on having the chase for cheap electricity for miners is not having's fault.  Difficulty continues to rise... so it makes sense less and less profits.

There are just a lot off these threads was my point.  You can blame it on scammers, having, what ever you want.  But it is not a get rich quick scheme on BTC.   It is more long term at this point those wanting 3 month ROI... sadly it's just no longer there.
legendary
Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011
Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks
May 16, 2016, 07:30:24 AM

What you are doing is speculating for the prices to make up for it? I would rather just get into buying bitcoin then meddling with alt coins to be honest.

Unless the coin has some form of demand like how just-dice "you need" to have to play on their dice site.

That form of demand is rare, so I dont see any other purpose for any other alt coins that dont offer the same type of demand.

Then again, I could be wrong and the alt coin is used for side chains for something.

This is a thread that got far far off topic.  OP likely would be smart to go mostly twords BTC just due to stability.   He needs cheap electricity if he want's to mine it no way around it at this point.

I do think ether is worth a little try.   I would not go "huge" but keep it as part of your crypto portfolio.  And it is one most can mine and building a GPU miner is not terribly hard.  

And I would have a pretty solid plan.  Most threads like this end up not investing.  They do the ROI math and sadly a lot just don't invest.

well if the numbers dont work.. who is in this to donate to the "good" cause(i use that term loosely)?  Everyone in this and i mean everyone is in this to get maybe not rich but a financial gain.. Noone is here to throw money away.. but sadly that is what happen to most.> That is why these forums arent teaming with life like it was in 2014 when I jumped in. Granted most of that turned out to be scammers.. But a shit ton of them also were good guys that came because we thought this was a great thing only to be fleeced by all the scams that everyone promoted.  Most of them didnt come back.  I stayed only because if someone didnt then we would just keep repeating history.. Scam after scam.. Face it.> This was a epic fail allowing this to have a monetary value before it was even close to ready..

Ask yourselves this.. How can everyone in the btc ecosystem profit if new invest were to slow below the inflation rate?  id say as much as everyone bitches about halving that will actually be your saving grace.. As it will only need half as much money coming in.. The big pump before halving will be from asic sales prior to halving.. Cuz why would they sell them after for half the price.. Get the suckers early on.. They will then do a nice healthy dump to help push out all those s7 that dont have REALLY good prices for power.  And if this wasnt their intention .. us talking about it in the open like this only gives them ideas.  Anyway.. open source can be great but can also be an Achilles heal

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
May 15, 2016, 07:08:46 PM

This is a thread that got far far off topic.  OP likely would be smart to go mostly twords BTC just due to stability.   He needs cheap electricity if he want's to mine it no way around it at this point.

I do think ether is worth a little try.   I would not go "huge" but keep it as part of your crypto portfolio.  And it is one most can mine and building a GPU miner is not terribly hard. 

And I would have a pretty solid plan.  Most threads like this end up not investing.  They do the ROI math and sadly a lot just don't invest.
Activity: 826
May 15, 2016, 03:54:10 PM

legendary
May 14, 2016, 10:13:20 PM
i have something re this "productive" discussion (looking from 100 years in the future back to today) :

Satoshi begets Bitcoin; Bitcoin begets Vitalik; Vitalik begets ethereum; ethereum begets DAO....

this line will not stop for a while, I hope, with many more branches to come.
Which branch would be dominant in the future: bitcoin or a side branch, like eth>DAO? we shall find out.
I find it uncanny that DAO comes exactly on a day/week when Time had posted a very interesting critique of the financialization schemes and total lack of support of such schemes among millennials.
http://time.com/4327419/american-capitalisms-great-crisis/?xid=homepage&pcd=hp-magmod

well i wouldn't say it ended up being all that productive. But i appreciate the article nonetheless.. sums it up quite well actually

Best Regards
d57heinz
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 3848
May 14, 2016, 03:20:22 PM
i have something re this "productive" discussion (looking from 100 years in the future back to today) :

Satoshi begets Bitcoin; Bitcoin begets Vitalik; Vitalik begets ethereum; ethereum begets DAO....

this line will not stop for a while, I hope, with many more branches to come.
Which branch would be dominant in the future: bitcoin or a side branch, like eth>DAO? we shall find out.
I find it uncanny that DAO comes exactly on a day/week when Time had posted a very interesting critique of the financialization schemes and total lack of support of such schemes among millennials.
http://time.com/4327419/american-capitalisms-great-crisis/?xid=homepage&pcd=hp-magmod
May 14, 2016, 02:06:47 PM
OP you should take everything in here with a grain of salt. You know what they say... opinions are like a$$holes, everyone's got one and they all stink.
legendary
May 14, 2016, 01:56:46 PM
while Warreagle and d57heinz continue to circle jerk..... 
OP I will say that mining is not an investment. In regards to btc mining (IMO) you are simply transferring value out of USD or other such currencies into a digital currency/store of vale/or whatever else you want to call it via the electric company. You are not printing money and I doubt you will make much profit. I prefer mining coins rather than buying from coinbase because I think Brian Armstrong is bad for bitcoin, not because I think I am going to get rich.  Bitcoin is useful in many ways, that is why is has value...because people use it. If you wish to speculate on price, buying to hold or trading on an exchange is probably much more simple than managing a bunch of noisy heaters that will cost you lots of time and headaches. I consider my mining mostly a hobby and then I can save 20% at starbucks (because I drink a lot of coffee) or buying highly discounted items though purse.io (because I was already buyng items from Aamzon anyways at retail) using these mined coins. I can tell you that I am not making any profit by mining, but it does allow me access to discounts I would not be able to use if spending dollars.

If you wish to mine an alt....
 it is high risk being that these coins have zero use so it is 100% speculation (yes btc is speculative as well) while the profit margin could be much higher if you get out at the right time. Yes you can make money in a pump but that is a gamble, not an investment. As said previously, do research and be a skeptic. As a reminder, The original post stated he is looking to invest/ make profit. Maybe you can invest your money with one of the other posters to build/resell gpu rigs, that seems low risk with great return. Everyone can continue to debate themselves into oblivion, I am simply offering up my thoughts so this guy has a better idea of what he is getting into. Anyone with a solid business plan on how to mine any coin at high return should probably pm the op with a partnership offer.

Going to have to step down from this one.  Looking for an argument from me a year ago maybe would of happened but nowadays I spot your type rather instantly!

Best regards
D57heinz
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
May 14, 2016, 01:47:11 PM
while Warreagle and d57heinz continue to circle jerk..... 
OP I will say that mining is not an investment. In regards to btc mining (IMO) you are simply transferring value out of USD or other such currencies into a digital currency/store of vale/or whatever else you want to call it via the electric company. You are not printing money and I doubt you will make much profit. I prefer mining coins rather than buying from coinbase because I think Brian Armstrong is bad for bitcoin, not because I think I am going to get rich.  Bitcoin is useful in many ways, that is why is has value...because people use it. If you wish to speculate on price, buying to hold or trading on an exchange is probably much more simple than managing a bunch of noisy heaters that will cost you lots of time and headaches. I consider my mining mostly a hobby and then I can save 20% at starbucks (because I drink a lot of coffee) or buying highly discounted items though purse.io (because I was already buyng items from Aamzon anyways at retail) using these mined coins. I can tell you that I am not making any profit by mining, but it does allow me access to discounts I would not be able to use if spending dollars.

If you wish to mine an alt....
 it is high risk being that these coins have zero use so it is 100% speculation (yes btc is speculative as well) while the profit margin could be much higher if you get out at the right time. Yes you can make money in a pump but that is a gamble, not an investment. As said previously, do research and be a skeptic. As a reminder, The original post stated he is looking to invest/ make profit. Maybe you can invest your money with one of the other posters to build/resell gpu rigs, that seems low risk with great return. Everyone can continue to debate themselves into oblivion, I am simply offering up my thoughts so this guy has a better idea of what he is getting into. Anyone with a solid business plan on how to mine any coin at high return should probably pm the op with a partnership offer.
May 14, 2016, 12:29:13 PM
I believe my point is that eth is a shitcoin that serves no use case.  The op is asking for advice in mining and of course everyone wants to hype the latest scam. Sure you can ride the bubble up, but every scam will come crashing down as you know being that you reference Garza. You are always arguing stupid shit in circles and trying to imply I said certain things. Bitcoin can fail too, but we know it is not a scam coin and it DOES meet the needs of the under serviced hence the reason it has been around so long. Troll on faggot

well ok.. please elaborate how something that is as technically requiring as bitcoin is will work in poor third world countries.  Or how it solves the inequality gap from the rich and poor. Then id say you have a leg to stand on.. Otherwise your blowing as much hot air as you think i am.  and resorting to name calling shows your level of intelligence.. I was just trying to have a debate if you will.. Not being mean about it. If i really wanted to call you out id just reference the fact that you have to keep making new accounts.  Ohh wait i did. But that wasnt going to the lengths you did of showing your racial hate towards people who think differently than you.. Sad world we live in.  You need some culture bud

Best Regards
d57heinz

Go debate a wall. You imply I am racist and have multiple accounts with no evidence, clearly you are delusional. Typical d57heinz nonsense

doesnt bother me one bit to not fit in  it appears that it must for you.. I have my own thoughts .. and as most can see im not afraid to express them.. I have many questions and i like to do tons of research.. Looking at the first posts you made on this board for someone with 12 ths.. i doubt its your first account.. I am great at detecting bullshit.  Maybe without exact proofs but i say your full of it.. And the angry response only helps to reassure ive hit the nail on the head.  not intentional .. but you come in slinging shit. and expected none of it to bounce back.. 

Since i am so delusional can you please explain why you think calling me a "faggot" would get a rise out of me, if you didnt first think its was "bad" to be a "faggot" ..  once you figure that out then i think you will understand what im trying to say to you.

Best Regards
d57heinz

I'm going to have to side with you on this. elokk keeps contradicting his own statements so much its ridiculous. "I am certainly not going to contribute to some guy dumping $15K...." "I am here offering my opinion to the OP" Make up your damn mind. Which is it, you are or you are not? Can't do both and NOT get called out for it.

Elokk, you cant win this topic or argument. You are trying to convince someone to not spend $15k on mining gear. Why not? Another huge shitcoin is right around the corner, maybe if you have the cajones, you can pick a couple of early stage shitcoins, mine the absolute piss out of them then dump them on Yobit as they pump. I've have two rigs dedicated just to doing this. ETH is not a shit coin, we can agree to disagree on that. Other than that you are just spewing hot air.

Clearly you know nothing of mining, otherwise you wouldn't have said the crap you have been projectile vomiting all over this board..
legendary
May 14, 2016, 12:17:57 PM
I believe my point is that eth is a shitcoin that serves no use case.  The op is asking for advice in mining and of course everyone wants to hype the latest scam. Sure you can ride the bubble up, but every scam will come crashing down as you know being that you reference Garza. You are always arguing stupid shit in circles and trying to imply I said certain things. Bitcoin can fail too, but we know it is not a scam coin and it DOES meet the needs of the under serviced hence the reason it has been around so long. Troll on faggot

well ok.. please elaborate how something that is as technically requiring as bitcoin is will work in poor third world countries.  Or how it solves the inequality gap from the rich and poor. Then id say you have a leg to stand on.. Otherwise your blowing as much hot air as you think i am.  and resorting to name calling shows your level of intelligence.. I was just trying to have a debate if you will.. Not being mean about it. If i really wanted to call you out id just reference the fact that you have to keep making new accounts.  Ohh wait i did. But that wasnt going to the lengths you did of showing your racial hate towards people who think differently than you.. Sad world we live in.  You need some culture bud

Best Regards
d57heinz

Go debate a wall. You imply I am racist and have multiple accounts with no evidence, clearly you are delusional. Typical d57heinz nonsense

doesnt bother me one bit to not fit in  it appears that it must for you.. I have my own thoughts .. and as most can see im not afraid to express them.. I have many questions and i like to do tons of research.. Looking at the first posts you made on this board for someone with 12 ths.. i doubt its your first account.. I am great at detecting bullshit.  Maybe without exact proofs but i say your full of it.. And the angry response only helps to reassure ive hit the nail on the head.  not intentional .. but you come in slinging shit. and expected none of it to bounce back..  

Since i am so delusional can you please explain why you think calling me a "faggot" would get a rise out of me, if you didnt first think its was "bad" to be a "faggot" ..  once you figure that out then i think you will understand what im trying to say to you.

Best Regards
d57heinz
Activity: 723
Merit: 519
May 14, 2016, 12:13:45 PM
I believe my point is that eth is a shitcoin that serves no use case.  The op is asking for advice in mining and of course everyone wants to hype the latest scam. Sure you can ride the bubble up, but every scam will come crashing down as you know being that you reference Garza. You are always arguing stupid shit in circles and trying to imply I said certain things. Bitcoin can fail too, but we know it is not a scam coin and it DOES meet the needs of the under serviced hence the reason it has been around so long. Troll on faggot

The only thing you proved is your rather asinine opinion. But, alas you are entitled to that. ETH is going places, its early like in the early days of BTC, everyone, everywhere was screaming you can't use it for anything. The whole IoT IS going to change that, if you cant see that, you really need to open your eyes and take a look at where technology is moving. Or just get left behind and watch reality TV.

When ETH starts presenting use cases that serve a need that is currently not met then I will certainly use it, at this point there is no sign of that happening. You certainly present a great way to profit off the hysteria by building and reselling mining rigs. I am not trying to prove anything but I am certainly not going to contribute to some guy dumping $15k into mining eth based on pipe dreams. FYI, I do not even own a tv
Then why the fuck are you even posting in here. Because you are contributing, albeit an opinion. Generally speaking, if you don't want anything to do with something, you generally DO NOT participate in it. Yet, here you are, busting peoples chops and making your opinion heard. Give me a break, you come off like a TROLL.

Yes, because I am not part of the Vitalik occult I must be a troll. I am here offering my opinion to the OP as everyone else but of course I expected you guys to get butt hurt once I trashed your shitcoin. Therefore I am a racist with many accounts and I watch too much reality tv on my nonexistent television. Now that we have that cleared up, can we get back on topic now???
May 14, 2016, 12:08:13 PM

The only thing you proved is your rather asinine opinion. But, alas you are entitled to that. ETH is going places, its early like in the early days of BTC, everyone, everywhere was screaming you can't use it for anything. The whole IoT IS going to change that, if you cant see that, you really need to open your eyes and take a look at where technology is moving. Or just get left behind and watch reality TV.

When ETH starts presenting use cases that serve a need that is currently not met then I will certainly use it, at this point there is no sign of that happening. You certainly present a great way to profit off the hysteria by building and reselling mining rigs. I am not trying to prove anything but I am certainly not going to contribute to some guy dumping $15k into mining eth based on pipe dreams. FYI, I do not even own a tv
Then why the fuck are you even posting in here. Because you are contributing, albeit an opinion. Generally speaking, if you don't want anything to do with something, you generally DO NOT participate in it. Yet, here you are, busting peoples chops and making your opinion heard. Give me a break, you come off like a TROLL.
Pages:
Jump to: