Pages:
Author

Topic: 1070 GTX owners, what are you mining now? (Read 5847 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
March 16, 2018, 06:56:45 PM
I have to say I love my 1070s. Only cards I like more are the 1070 tis. But you can get 31-32MH on ethash (at least with big memory oc and a bit of core in Claymore 11.3), then push 480 sols/s on equihash with bminer with big core clock, on 120 watt tdp (I'm speaking of EVGA 1070 super clocked version) well over 4 sols / w. Great cards for efficiency, versatility, and with a bit of oompf.

As for coins, I keep my eye out for smaller ones that still have decent exchange support, and when demand is there jump on them for a day or two, like btcz. Then ZEC or Eth the rest of the time, trading half into btc to diversify the portfolio when they're up against btc.

Don't need to bump core up for a 1070 mining Ethash - they're quite happy with up to a -200 core UNDERCLOCK as they're severely memory limited, even with a LARGE memory clock increase.

I've been shifting my mining cards around, in an attempt to get the rigs to be "homogenous" so I CAN dedicate the cards that are better on ETH to ETH and the ones that are better on ZEC to ZEC and such - though it's also part of my ongoing "convert folding rigs to riser-based rigs for better cooling" and my newer "get everything set up to go into my Mark 2 shelf/rack units for space savings" initiative.

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
since 2018... we are going to miner etc..
hoping that ther will an peak after the market react..
if you want to mine other search it at whattomine

Hi, I have an 8th GPU mining rig, Ive been using nicehash since I brought the equipment GTX 1070 is doing today aprox 2.2$, do you have any other suggestions, other miners and what about dual mining? Huh
Activity: 140
Merit: 2
I have to say I love my 1070s. Only cards I like more are the 1070 tis. But you can get 31-32MH on ethash (at least with big memory oc and a bit of core in Claymore 11.3), then push 480 sols/s on equihash with bminer with big core clock, on 120 watt tdp (I'm speaking of EVGA 1070 super clocked version) well over 4 sols / w. Great cards for efficiency, versatility, and with a bit of oompf.

As for coins, I keep my eye out for smaller ones that still have decent exchange support, and when demand is there jump on them for a day or two, like btcz. Then ZEC or Eth the rest of the time, trading half into btc to diversify the portfolio when they're up against btc.
Activity: 279
Merit: 104
Mine a coin you believe will have a bright future - or use whattomine to find out the most profitable coin (yesterday).
It currently says you should mine ETH or GoByte (Neoscrypt).
I am currently using ccminer-alexis to mine XVG  as it might go up in the (near) future..
Activity: 756
Merit: 507
Now actually it does not matter waht will you choose to mine. profits are very low.
And if you will chooce dual maining for ETH and some other coins and willnot sell ETH right now, will hold to AUGUST/SEPTEMBER when ETH could rise you will receive good profit, imho
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
Currently doing ETH but I am preparing to do some testing for Equihash for when ETH goes to POS. Then probably going to do a mix between ZEC & BTG.
copper member
Activity: 125
Merit: 0
dev team
What type of cooling do you use?
Activity: 65
ETH, and sometimes ZEN.
Activity: 38
Hi All.

After last month with some prices and hashrates changing I would like to know what are mining people with 1070 gtx rigs, I've checked some places like whattomine, and other websites to estimate what is the most profitable coin, some of them points to Eth, others points to coins that are just more profitable for 1 day or just some hours or that when you look for information about how to mine this coins here on this forum is common to find a bad feedback from people who mine it, so seems these more profitables coins are not always a good choice, at the same time it's known that are more efficient algos for nvidia cards like the 1070 than the eth algo. So, on those days, what are you mining right now with your 1070 rigs?

Thanks in advance.
Activity: 98
November 25, 2017, 11:51:25 AM
Hi I wanna ask , what is the best Graphics card for mining? and how much is it?

in this thread of course 1070 Cheesy
Activity: 53
November 25, 2017, 09:35:32 AM
try BTX (bitcore) coin, it gives nice weekly bonuses
and the price is very stable and nice now
though because of this the diff is rather high

tell me which pool and wallet you use
Activity: 27
November 25, 2017, 09:18:31 AM
Mining Sumokoin with ccminer cryptonight algo. Getting 720H/s and using about 89w a card. PL 80%, CC +150, MC +800. Runs cool, low electric and the coin is a fork of Monero.
Activity: 53
November 25, 2017, 09:13:18 AM
7 x 6 1070 mining XZC. Power is expensive where I am so the income/expense ratio is great with XZC.  if power was free i would mine neoscrypt coins.

profitability of zerocoin ?
Activity: 140
Merit: 16
November 25, 2017, 08:54:18 AM
I was mining ZEC for the past few weeks. With the boost to Cryptonight I decided to take a chance and download the Nicehash legacy miner and then point my 4x GTX 1070s at only mining that.  The result varies but I am putting out 2760 H/s at around 390 watts from the wall for my entire system.  That is the GPUs operating at about 35 TDP, although I have the limit set to 80% it never gets more that 35%. Not quite sure why that is but my hashrate seems to be okay.  I am averaging around 6-9 USD per day at this point.  I figure I will keep doing that until Bitcoin Gold figures itself out and then switch to that for a short time to see how that goes.

As I wrote in my previous post, yesterday I switched to NiceHash. That was my first time to use NiceHash and I installed newest version. Today, when I checked the RIG I was not satisfied. One GPU was completely out of work. RIG didn’t recognize it anymore. I had to restart the system. I left everything by default. I only benchmark GPUs. I have a similar configuration like you 4x GTX 1070 and I have one question.
Did you uncheck some algorithms? In the Mining stats I can see that RIG tried to mine Lyra2Rev2, DaggerHashimoto,  Decred, CryptoNight, Equihash and Blake2s. Unpaid balance for 12 hours is 3.46 USD.

Switching algos, On/Off miners reduce daily income considerably. But sometimes (like Cryptonight now) for different cards Nicehash is the best choise. You can use only stratum properties of Nicehash and your "own" miner without using NH software

Hi Umine, You re right about switching algos On/Of and daily income but what I experienced as a problem with automatically switching is the problem with the electricity consumption.
For example, I mined the Cryptonight and I was happy with the electricity consumption.
Then I noticed that nicehash automatically switch to another algo which made me the difference in the electricity consumption for two-thirds and the difference in profits was not even $1.
Activity: 266
Merit: 111
November 25, 2017, 02:00:28 AM
try BTX (bitcore) coin, it gives nice weekly bonuses
and the price is very stable and nice now
though because of this the diff is rather high
Activity: 41
November 25, 2017, 12:52:03 AM
my target coin to mine which I put my investment is XEM. I believe on NEM's technology that can surpass the expectation of partnered merchants. This is the ONE SUCCESSFUL Coins that I have in my mind.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
The harder your life is the more meaning it has.
November 25, 2017, 12:35:18 AM
I went to bitcore again 26 mh/s its quite profitable.
Activity: 120
November 24, 2017, 04:13:15 PM
In my rig I have only 1 Gigabyte GTX 1070 and Nicehash has switched it from some days to Lyra2rev and is making about 0.0003 btc daily. Profitability has gone down everywhere, in Zcash is doing about 0.00024 btc daily which sucks. In Ethereum I don't know why I can't make it to work in Nicehash, max it makes 5 Mhash (don't bother helping me, I have tried everything).
Update your windows to the latest version. 4-5 Mhash on ehereum is a typical hashrate for older builds.
Activity: 512
Merit: 260
November 24, 2017, 04:04:26 PM
7 x 6 1070 mining XZC. Power is expensive where I am so the income/expense ratio is great with XZC.  if power was free i would mine neoscrypt coins.
Activity: 672
Merit: 154
Blockchain Evangelist.
November 24, 2017, 01:41:56 PM
Back to mine FTC and VTC after 2 weeks switched to XZC, I got few coins with just 2 rigs of 1070.
So I'm thinking to purchase more 2 rigs of RX580 which is cheaper in here now, or build 1 rig of 1070 for more options on mining. Btw, ETH price is a way high now.
Pages:
Jump to: