Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 106. (Read 409660 times)

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
December 25, 2017, 10:03:14 AM
with 70% power limit I get around 83mh/s per card for nist5 19mh/s for X17 and 6500mh/s for blake2s.

I know ccminer had x17 but no idea which coin to mine and which pool. Same for blake2s . I look at miningpoolhub there is Verge (scrypt) , is that the one u mention?

I mining zcoin for now as it at lease better than zcash for profitability.
Activity: 59
December 25, 2017, 09:28:00 AM
with 70% power limit I get around 83mh/s per card for nist5 19mh/s for X17 and 6500mh/s for blake2s.
Activity: 7
December 25, 2017, 09:08:17 AM
With my 2 zotac amp extremes I was mining Zcoin but it seems  the block rewards have been reduced and so did the profitability dip.

I would advise nist5(bulwark) and x17 or blake2s (Verge)

Any idea what is the expected hashrates for these algo's? (to use whattomine for further calculations)
Activity: 59
December 25, 2017, 08:58:51 AM
With my 2 zotac amp extremes I was mining Zcoin but it seems  the block rewards have been reduced and so did the profitability dip.

I would advise nist5(bulwark) and x17 or blake2s (Verge)
Activity: 7
December 25, 2017, 08:35:06 AM
Can anyone show me the setting msi for Zcoin of 1080ti ? I had msi armor

I use 80 power, 90 core and 300 memory, is that ok?
no, because zcoin is not the most profitable coin to mine now

Can you guys advise which are the most profitable coins to mine right now with 1080 Ti's? Just made myself a rig and having troubles deciding where to point it at.

Would be great if you could reply with:
- coin
- best pools
- your hashrate & profit /day

I know it might be a bit too much, but would really appreciate you helping a newbie Smiley
Activity: 55
December 25, 2017, 07:34:56 AM

well, as a general comment,  I'd say  that's only true for auto-exchange.
December 25, 2017, 07:20:29 AM

Power is irrelevant, leave it to default. Use the maxium  Core and Memory that supports your card stable.

I don't know whether mining zcoin anyore, I got  my coins when almost nobody was using 1080ti for that and now the difficulty has jumped too much.

legendary
Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003
December 25, 2017, 07:16:56 AM

Activity: 16
December 25, 2017, 05:07:13 AM

Activity: 56
December 24, 2017, 11:17:57 PM
Has anyone tried zcoin.mintpond.com ?
How long does a block finding takes there in compare to miningpoolhub?
Activity: 23
December 24, 2017, 10:38:03 PM
Someone has problems with Suprnova and XZC`?

I am mining correct but it doesnt show any transactions?!

In the dashboard everything is ok - whats going on?

Opminer is closing suprnova XZC pool.
Zcoin had a hard fork yesterday so it required to change pool software to handle new dev and znode fees. Maybe it wasn't done by Opminer.

Anyway, as 1080ti owner and long time reader of this thread I'd love to invite comrads to a new XZC pool I created.
It uses the same engine as MPH and Suprnova (MPOS).
PPLNS payments, zero fees.
https://zcoin.hashpump.com

There is a some giveaway promotion going right now:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annpool-mining-pool-hashpump-2641449
Activity: 658
Merit: 101
December 24, 2017, 08:59:02 PM
Someone has problems with Suprnova and XZC`?

I am mining correct but it doesnt show any transactions?!

In the dashboard everything is ok - whats going on?
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
December 24, 2017, 07:05:57 PM
guys any ideea ? i have a rig with 4x gigabyt 1080ti and one https://www.emag.ro/placa-video-palit-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-gamerock-premium-11gb-gddr5x-neb108th15lcg/pd/DRZ3NNBBM/?ref=hdr-favorite_products

Yesterday i bought one more this https://www.emag.ro/placa-video-palit-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-gamerock-premium-11gb-gddr5x-neb108th15lcg/pd/DRZ3NNBBM/?ref=hdr-favorite_products
And when i put it on rig the windows says sli not connected and i cannot make it working....any idea?on devince manager the windows see the card but with ! idk how can i make this card working as well..
Activity: 826
Merit: 302
December 24, 2017, 02:30:32 PM
any miner and pool suggestion for Sibcoin ( X11-Gost ) ?

Thank you

http://yiimp.eu + https://www.zpool.ca algo sib

client http://yiimp.eu/bench?algo=sib&chip=387
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 24, 2017, 09:52:20 AM
any miner and pool suggestion for Sibcoin ( X11-Gost ) ?

Thank you
December 24, 2017, 06:29:43 AM
Ugh sorry to hear your fan came damaged.  :/

TBH I didn't think the evga fan that comes with the SC2 is as bad as people say.  I could barely hear it.

I replaced it anyway with a corsair ML120.  Pretty happy with this setup.  Both my aorus and the sc2 sit at temps in the mid 50s while mining.  I haven't tried any games yet.  I suspect the sc2 will run warmer in-game vs. mining.  Looking forward to doing a little testing.

As for static pressure, the ML120 is much better than the stock fan. Stock fan is a 5$ fan, ML120 is a 20$ fan. A have two ML120 and one feels the air beeing pushed, but I don't want them near me since they are very noisy at high rpm.  However, I don't think the ML120 needs very high rpm to cool the radiator. Probably the ML120, or some Noctuas,  is one the best solutions.

However, I must say that this fan issue is damaging in a stupid way to EVGA. The FTW3 is really a fantastic piece of engineering. I own  as well a Waterforce, Strix OC, MSI Trio, all of them very good serving different functions, and I've been impressed with  the ftw3.  You can exchange the radiator fan easily, not like other water cooled cards, where you don't have an option to do it directly.  For a small amount the warranty is extended to 5 years. A very good product spoiled by a bad parternship with a fan maker.

Activity: 294
Merit: 16
December 24, 2017, 12:42:19 AM
Ugh sorry to hear your fan came damaged.  :/

TBH I didn't think the evga fan that comes with the SC2 is as bad as people say.  I could barely hear it.

I replaced it anyway with a corsair ML120.  Pretty happy with this setup.  Both my aorus and the sc2 sit at temps in the mid 50s while mining.  I haven't tried any games yet.  I suspect the sc2 will run warmer in-game vs. mining.  Looking forward to doing a little testing.
December 23, 2017, 04:41:11 PM
I see everyone hates the included radiator fan on the sc2 hybrid cards.  I don't understand why companies package garbage fans with 800$ video cards. Wtf

even worse. I received yesterday a FTW3 hybrid. Guess what?. The radiator fan is broken!. Brand new, and radiator fan is not working!. I  phoned them I they will send me a new fan.  I did my calculations, and was most profitable to purchase a Noctua 120mm urgently in amazon, that waiting for the replacement. So, now is working with the new fan in a temporal configuration.

Activity: 392
Merit: 101
December 23, 2017, 03:47:51 AM
Maybe as we get this discussion further, I will group the list of Algo and coin that is most used by the 1080ti. To do this, might need some help from all of you as I might missed to capture what you have posted.

Could be like:

Current reported profitable coin:
- Date / Coin / Algo / maybe link to the coin or the miner?
- to ensure the list not too long, we will keep it within the top 20 reported by date. Any older date will be moved out (or I might put this to a google spreadsheet link)

As for the setting of the OC, I think just have to do own test as the variance just too large and every card is not the same

What other key info you believe should be in the 1st page?

I know many dont like to share the profitable coin as when it got listed here, likely is taking away the profit from them. but just post only if you are willing to help.

Very unlikely you’ll get the small cap profitable coins
But will still be useful I’m sure
Activity: 302
Merit: 102
Mining with noise and without noise is all possibl
December 23, 2017, 03:06:51 AM
Maybe as we get this discussion further, I will group the list of Algo and coin that is most used by the 1080ti. To do this, might need some help from all of you as I might missed to capture what you have posted.

Could be like:

Current reported profitable coin:
- Date / Coin / Algo / maybe link to the coin or the miner?
- to ensure the list not too long, we will keep it within the top 20 reported by date. Any older date will be moved out (or I might put this to a google spreadsheet link)

As for the setting of the OC, I think just have to do own test as the variance just too large and every card is not the same

What other key info you believe should be in the 1st page?

I know many dont like to share the profitable coin as when it got listed here, likely is taking away the profit from them. but just post only if you are willing to help.
Jump to: