Author

Topic: 1080Ti Specific - Best mining option - page 165. (Read 409660 times)

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
November 08, 2017, 03:20:44 AM

anyone got rig with 4x 1080ti and 1200w psu ? I have 4x 1080ti and i put only 3 on rig because idk if the psu can do it...

I've got 7 x 1080ti rig with 1600W psu.

ya i run x6 1080ti on a 1600 watt as well, and have plenty of room, it uses under 1200 watts tuned.
what PSU do you use if i may ask?  im using a Rosewill Hercules, only one i could find with 8x2x6 connectors haha
i will be using server PSUs for my next 1080ti rig , tho ihear they are noisy Sad

Activity: 630
Merit: 502
November 08, 2017, 03:18:50 AM
anyone got rig with 4x 1080ti and 1200w psu ? I have 4x 1080ti and i put only 3 on rig because idk if the psu can do it...
3 Per 850W.

Plus the rest of your system? Or is that PSU only powering the cards?

Can you game like that or only run at like 80%?
2 AX860i for motherboard + 6 GPU + risers. 220W power limit.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
November 08, 2017, 02:59:33 AM
3 Per 850W.

3x1080ti+system 100% PL - 900W, 90%PL - 800W. but i have 2000w psu, so it doesn`t metter me.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
November 08, 2017, 02:36:44 AM

I've got 7 x 1080ti rig with 1600W psu.

Activity: 140
November 08, 2017, 12:40:14 AM
3 Per 850W.

Activity: 16
Merit: 0
November 07, 2017, 05:15:33 PM
Finally got my 12 card working, nvOC just wasn't having it but smOS is working however the rig is having some issues with luckpool but is rock solid on zhash?
Running @ 200 watts per card - what settings do you guys think I can push these asus turbo cards to?
https://i.imgur.Tl.png

speaking of them they're about to go back on sale at a best in current market price if anyones been waiting to pick a couple more up

https://i.imgur5e

I saw recently Zotac GTX1080 ti AMP extreme  for just $739 and  + Destiny 2 key
I guess this is much better then this ASUS
i saw it on new egg on sale, check there it might be still available
I have like 6 destiny 2 keys xD I don't have any experience with that TI, you have it and like it? Normally I don't see that card that low

Is that Founders Edition since it only have one fan? How many sols you get with 200w?

dont use blowers even in open rig.

I have 6x MSI Aero with blower fan in a closed 4U Rig with industrial fans in the front.
Work perfectly well for me.
With 100TDP and fans @70 cards are around 70°C

yup, a single small fan running @70% (or even lower, doesnt matter) 24/24 over 2-3 years is a really great idea, no doubt.

For the next build I will go with custom cooling solutions tbh.
Was first rig with 1080ti for me. So far I havent got any problems, but we will see.
Got some r9 290x with blower fans running @70 for 2 years straight now, also in 4u case.
Both are running in a dust free (more or less) air conditioned datacenter I have to add.

Im considering Zotac AMP or EVGA FTW for next build.
I assume the coolers and fans on them are solid and have bb.

That's good to know the blower fans can last in a proper air filter  environment. I still think axial dual fans is worth the extra $20-30 bucks for reduce noise and resale value and better hear sinks and cooling potential.

I am not sure if zotac have ball bearing. They don't advertise it. The auoros, Evga, msi gaming , does have ball bearings and they advertise it
Have to agree with you there.
msi gaming x trio looks good
How about the hash rate speed .. can you compare the speed of zotac compare the speed of MSI gaming x trio?
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
November 07, 2017, 04:19:16 PM
I have the 1080ti msi seahawk and the 1080ti evga hybrid watercooled.

I like both, Some odd reason the seahawk hashes at a little bit more than the evga hybrid.  Maybe silicone lottery, maybe slightly better performance on seahawk.

The seahawk does require the fan to be powered by a motherboard pin output, that's a bit annoying b/c the evga one doesn't require that.

Build quality looks a little bit better on evga, feels more expensive, but both look good.

Overall I like watercooling, you never need to mess around with the fan speed since it's automatic/can't be controlled,  Runs super cool always around 45-55 degrees. Fan can be easily replaced. Super long life.

Only bad thing is that your ROI will be longer so may not be good for farms that need to order a Ton.

you got em in an open rig?
I am wondering how to mount the radiators

Ya I got an open rig on metal shelving, gpu's and radiator just mounted by simple plastic tie wraps. Smiley
If i got time i'll make things look nicer.
Activity: 13
November 07, 2017, 03:44:50 PM

https://imgur.com/a/uHuuI

I can post a better picture later, but I pretty much took the metal casing that pop off from adding a PCI slot and used that to hook the radiator on the fan.

My case isn't designed for the closed loop cooling but I didn't feel like spending the extra money to do it right.
Activity: 139
Merit: 10
November 07, 2017, 03:34:03 PM

I like both, Some odd reason the seahawk hashes at a little bit more than the evga hybrid.  Maybe silicone lottery, maybe slightly better performance on seahawk.

The seahawk does require the fan to be powered by a motherboard pin output, that's a bit annoying b/c the evga one doesn't require that.

Build quality looks a little bit better on evga, feels more expensive, but both look good.

Overall I like watercooling, you never need to mess around with the fan speed since it's automatic/can't be controlled,  Runs super cool always around 45-55 degrees. Fan can be easily replaced. Super long life.

Only bad thing is that your ROI will be longer so may not be good for farms that need to order a Ton.

November 07, 2017, 03:11:21 PM

I like both, Some odd reason the seahawk hashes at a little bit more than the evga hybrid.  Maybe silicone lottery, maybe slightly better performance on seahawk.

Overall I like watercooling, you never need to mess around with the fan speed since it's automatic/can't be controlled,  Runs super cool always around 45-55 degrees. Fan can be easily replaced. Super long life.

November 07, 2017, 02:49:36 PM

Im getting 2 water cooled Ti soon, not sure which one yet. You like those Seahawk ?

Yeah, I've been running my 1st 1080 Ti for about 3-4 months now with Nicehash miner and made back a large portion of my investment. I run about 80% power and never go over 50c, I have an open design case though (Thermaltake P5).

2nd one was on sale for $700 on Newegg so I had to jump on it.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA25V65X6405&cm_re=1080_Ti-_-14-487-377-_-Product

this would be my 2nd choice if the price was better.
Activity: 2492
Merit: 761
November 07, 2017, 02:10:28 PM
I got my 2nd 1080 Ti Seahawk from Newegg last month for $709 + Destiny 2.

Currently started mining Zcash the other day and i'm running 95% power on both and getting 1400-1500 H/S

I have my computer hooked up to a backup PSU, and it shows current power usage in watts. Running idle I have about 150w-200w, and mining it jumps to 675w (Max on he backup I think).

Does this put my power usage at 500w that I should add into the calculator? If that is accurate then I'm showing about $4.20 a day with 2 1080 Ti?
500w may be correct. it depends on your PL percentage. just 3 hours ago tested: 3 Tis rig at 100% PL consumes 900W, at 90% PL - 800W. Normal usage for 1080Ti - 200-300W per unit.
November 07, 2017, 02:02:57 PM
Finally got my 12 card working, nvOC just wasn't having it but smOS is working however the rig is having some issues with luckpool but is rock solid on zhash?
Running @ 200 watts per card - what settings do you guys think I can push these asus turbo cards to?

speaking of them they're about to go back on sale at a best in current market price if anyones been waiting to pick a couple more up

I have like 6 destiny 2 keys xD I don't have any experience with that TI, you have it and like it? Normally I don't see that card that low

Is that Founders Edition since it only have one fan? How many sols you get with 200w?

I have 6x MSI Aero with blower fan in a closed 4U Rig with industrial fans in the front.

yup, a single small fan running @70% (or even lower, doesnt matter) 24/24 over 2-3 years is a really great idea, no doubt.

Was first rig with 1080ti for me. So far I havent got any problems, but we will see.
Got some r9 290x with blower fans running @70 for 2 years straight now, also in 4u case.
Both are running in a dust free (more or less) air conditioned datacenter I have to add.

That's good to know the blower fans can last in a proper air filter  environment. I still think axial dual fans is worth the extra $20-30 bucks for reduce noise and resale value and better hear sinks and cooling potential.

I am not sure if zotac have ball bearing. They don't advertise it. The auoros, Evga, msi gaming , does have ball bearings and they advertise it
Have to agree with you there.
msi gaming x trio looks good
November 07, 2017, 01:34:01 PM

November 07, 2017, 12:59:09 PM

Activity: 224
November 07, 2017, 12:51:46 PM

November 07, 2017, 12:49:42 PM

On zcoin fans @40 and temps are arounf 60°C
Activity: 224
November 07, 2017, 12:40:31 PM

Currently started mining Zcash the other day and i'm running 95% power on both and getting 1400-1500 H/S

I have my computer hooked up to a backup PSU, and it shows current power usage in watts. Running idle I have about 150w-200w, and mining it jumps to 675w (Max on he backup I think).

Does this put my power usage at 500w that I should add into the calculator? If that is accurate then I'm showing about $4.20 a day with 2 1080 Ti?

Im getting 2 water cooled Ti soon, not sure which one yet. You like those Seahawk ?
Activity: 16
November 07, 2017, 12:01:03 PM
May i ask if all gtx 1080ti are same hashrate speed.. i mean there are different manufacturer and different specs .. Let me know if there is a big differences of hashrate speed when mining ethereum or what altcoin is much profitable these days..
November 07, 2017, 11:49:53 AM

Jump to: