Pages:
Author

Topic: 1099's - page 2. (Read 2827 times)

Activity: 444
Merit: 250
I prefer evolution to revolution.
April 07, 2013, 01:51:12 PM
As further motivation for those reading this who are anywhere close to exploring Hendrickson's "Every Which Way But Loose" series in order to see how easy it is to get your money back, here's a video explaining how important it is that you take the plunge: The Road to Word War 3
April 06, 2013, 10:35:51 PM
I am in the process of amending our 2009 return.  Losthorizons (his website) shows many of the battles you fear.  Search on "every which way but loose" to find them.  It was after reading those that I decided to start getting my money back.

I almost welcome their challenges as I think a lot of times it's an education for the examiner as much as it is financially rewarding for the filer.  And if you recognize the damage done to the human race by the US federal government, it's morally rewarding too.  And most of the time, there is no battle.  We'll see...
Activity: 188
Merit: 102
April 06, 2013, 08:57:14 PM
You are talking about an ignorance tax.  Educate yourself at that link and you'll see that all you need to do is file the paperwork to show that you don't owe the taxes.

Thanks dscotese, I actually bought that book a few years back but decided I didn't want to take the risk of a long drawn out battle with the IRS.  I believe what it says is true though...Have you successfully filed taxes in the way he prescribes?
April 06, 2013, 07:58:09 PM
You are talking about an ignorance tax.  Educate yourself at that link and you'll see that all you need to do is file the paperwork to show that you don't owe the taxes.
donator
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079
Gerald Davis
April 06, 2013, 07:51:58 PM
You would be mistaken.  Taxes are due when a taxable event occurs.

If you choose to not pay your taxes at least go into it with your eyes wide open and not laboring until delusional dreams.
Activity: 188
Merit: 102
April 06, 2013, 07:42:04 PM
I was under the impression that only when a company reported transactions or earnings to the IRS via a W-2 or 1099 that taxes were due.  Until Mtgox or other exchanges start mailing 1099s, the gov't is not getting a cent of my bitcoin profits.  They already mishandle and steal enough of the public's money as it is.
Pages:
Jump to: