Pages:
Author

Topic: $10MILLION per BTC - page 3. (Read 667 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 11
October 18, 2017, 11:23:22 AM
I think all parties involved have a vested interest in the continuous price rise of BTC and there are little "corrective forces" (long-short funds, or derivative players) like you have in the traditional markets that are taking the opposite side and creating price ceilings. Therefore, the probability for a large price increase going forward continues to outweigh the probability that we see a substantial decline. And, truthfully, BTC needs to continue to climb for it to gain more mainstream adoption, which then (in a cycle fashion) increases the probability of continues upward price momentum.

$10 million USD/BTC is an outrageously high number, and would imply a valuation of over 150 Trillion. Personally, I don't think we'll ever see that but WTF do I know  Wink
Activity: 1065
Merit: 510
October 18, 2017, 11:21:34 AM
$10,000,000 for a piece of Bitcoin this is the amount that the coin should reach in order for it to be a replacement for fiat.
And this amount was even calculated by Hal Finney way back in 2009.

Screenies of a forum conversation between Satoshi and Hal Finney.

Even they though talk such thing i wont believe that this would really be achievable by bitcoin itself knowing that we cant even reach to the point that we would potentially replace fiat.Its an impossible thing to happen knowing government wont really allow such thing to happen. $10-15k would be somehow realistic to speculate to.
Activity: 868
Merit: 151
October 18, 2017, 11:10:34 AM
When we are at $1K people call us scam

When we are at $5K people call us bubble

When we are at $10 Mllion, i have no idea what do people call us because they would have be gone Tongue

I do not know what will happen when even if it crosses above 20000$ in coming next year or even by 2019. But I think that it would be more on a unrealistic not to compare the price of  $10 million which would be insane if it happens anytime. I wish it to happen but somehow also thinking that it won't.
Activity: 385
Merit: 250
October 18, 2017, 11:10:20 AM
That's insane. Obviously, though, replacing all fiat in the world is a tall order. It likely won't reach that high, as Hal said. Anyone know what Satoshi said in response?
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
October 18, 2017, 11:08:01 AM
When we are at $1K people call us scam

When we are at $5K people call us bubble

When we are at $10 Mllion, i have no idea what do people call us because they would have be gone Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029
October 18, 2017, 10:56:45 AM
This would be a stunning thing to see, but I just can't wrap my brain around it ever reaching that number. Would be insanity obviously.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1565
The first decentralized crypto betting platform
October 18, 2017, 10:34:46 AM
Well, at least this speculation post is based on what Satoshi said. Even if he said it, he could be wrong but I would like to point out a couple of things: he is talking about bitcoin substituting all fiat currencies and we don’t know if it will just coexist with them which would lower that amount. Apart from that, he is valuing total World’s wealth but wealth increases with time, so it could make that figure go up. Anyway, if that happened we would be really happy but we have a long way to go.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
October 18, 2017, 10:28:07 AM
$10,000,000 for a piece of Bitcoin this is the amount that the coin should reach in order for it to be a replacement for fiat.
And this amount was even calculated by Hal Finney way back in 2009.

Screenies of a forum conversation between Satoshi and Hal Finney.

Pages:
Jump to: