Pages:
Author

Topic: 11/12 words seed, Any1 can please hepl me - page 2. (Read 521 times)

legendary
Activity: 4438
Merit: 3387
January 09, 2021, 09:26:48 PM
hello i have  1 word missing from my seed and i need help to find a program to restore my BTC. i have just that 11 words, no addresses or other details as this was years ago. Thank you in advance

If you know it is the last word that is missing, then there are 128 possible choices for the last word (assuming bip 39). If the missing word could be any of them, then there are approximately 1536 possible mnemonics (12 x 128). Either way, there aren't many possibilities.
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1385
January 09, 2021, 04:30:04 PM
hello i have  1 word missing from my seed and i need help to find a program to restore my BTC. i have just that 11 words, no addresses or other details as this was years ago. Thank you in advance

One word missing on unknown position? Take a look at my program: https://github.com/PawelGorny/lostword
The problem is that if you do not know address no-one may tell if it is your key, because with a blocked one missing word you may generate many correct keys.
So the needed would be to check if any on generated addresses has coins. What is not obvious if you do not know derivation path...
Do not you remember if address started with 1 or bc1?
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
January 09, 2021, 04:28:50 PM
There are a couple of options available to you here.

The FinderOuter, a bitcoin recovery tool (v0.6.0 2020-12-24)
This tool is probably the easiest. Simply type in the 11 words you know and mark the location of the one missing word, and it will brute force the possible combinations. If you don't know the location of the missing word, then you will have to try every location and check all the results for a balance to find the correct one. I think this requires that you know an address, however, so if you don't then it will not work. Perhaps Coding Enthusiast can help.

btcrecover
This is also a possibility. Follow the instructions on the link, and give it the 11 words you know, and it will run until it finds a match. Since you do not know your addresses, you will need to use an address database.

Regardless of which you use, it should be done on an offline computer for the security of your seed phrase and any coins within.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
January 09, 2021, 04:16:23 PM
hello i have  1 word missing from my seed and i need help to find a program to restore my BTC. i have just that 11 words, no addresses or other details as this was years ago. Thank you in advance
Pages:
Jump to: