Pages:
Author

Topic: 12 BTC stolen 1 hour Ago.Session Hijacked?How is that possible? - page 2. (Read 2855 times)

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 1165
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
i logged into my wallet a few hours later

Don't use fucking online wallet !

so where i can get offline wallet ? im new about bitcoin
can you shared the link
i want use that
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
Your TOR session was attacked by malicious exit nodes using "Man in the middle" attack. Always make sure you are using HTTPS with valid certificate, or just don't use TOR for something financial related, use a private VPN/SSH tunnel for this.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
i logged into my wallet a few hours later

Don't use fucking online wallet !
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
How is that possible?
I use Tor over block chain and as i logged into my wallet a few hours later all my BTC's were hijacked.
I use for only to be secure and never thought it might be a problem.
Is there an explanation for this ? I never downloaded anything! so its impossible its a virus.
Any one has any ideas how it  can happen ?
I seen it happened to a few people already.

There are malicious Tor exit nodes targeting Bitcoin services. They will do man-in-the-middle HTTPS attack against your Bitcoin website. This is only successful if you accept the invalid security certificates of the website. The web browser gives a big red warning "DON'T GO TO THIS SITE THE CERTIFICATE DOESN'T MATCH". If the user clicks yes and then the secure connection is compromised and the Tor exit node can steal your Bitcoins.

You can read more about the attacks against the Tor users here.

Thus, Tor should not be recommended for the users who are not technically-sawy enough to avoid risks like this.

Other potential risks and compromises and how to protect yourself against them
Activity: 236
Merit: 100
I also just read somewhere that Tor and Non-Darkweb sites like block-Chain don't work well together, because of security issues, and it did explain why, I can't remember, I will see if I can find the post.

Also sorry for your loss, that's a bummer Sad
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
I saw another thread about it. Perhaps it's related with tor or an exploit targeting tor.
Which OS are you on?
Activity: 601
Merit: 500
Vote 4fryn :)
Biggest question:
Did you have 2FA?
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
How is that possible?
I use Tor over block chain and as i logged into my wallet a few hours later all my BTC's were hijacked.
I use for only to be secure and never thought it might be a problem.
Is there an explanation for this ? I never downloaded anything! so its impossible its a virus.
Any one has any ideas how it  can happen ?
I seen it happened to a few people already.
Pages:
Jump to: